PDA

View Full Version : NJ couple charged with selling fake sports memorabilia

olrac44
08-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Frustrating story from New Jersey...

http://cliffviewpilot.com/paramus-personal-trainers-charged-with-selling-bogus-sports-memorabilia-with-stolen-id/

Gobucsmagic74
08-05-2014, 07:00 AM
Would be nice if they would let the public know the ebay handle these crooks were using in case they've unknowingly purchased bogus cards from them.

steve B
08-05-2014, 08:35 AM
And Ebay let it go on for four years, then another year or two with the stolen ID.

And yet no penalty for them.

Steve Birmingham

WhenItWasAHobby
08-05-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't want to read too much into the article or the photo, but it's not clear to what extent what was counterfeit. Was it just the cards? Were they in counterfeit PSA holders?

As for the engaged couple, I wonder if this changes their wedding plans? There seems to be a fast growing appeal for women to marry men in jail.

tbob
08-05-2014, 01:04 PM
She'll either roll over on her fiance or get a slap on the wrist and probation. She's not going to the pen....

soccersaver97
08-05-2014, 08:34 PM
I just hate when people assume charged=guilty... It seems that everyone believes the newspaper nowadays without any other source. Sure it is possible that this couple has done everything that the article states, but what ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty." I have seen plenty of completely innocent people charged... and even found guilty! My point is don't be so quick to assume that they are guilty.