PDA

View Full Version : The National "News"

NateMack
08-03-2014, 08:05 AM
For all of you lucky enough to have attended the National this year, how about sharing some stories about your finds or experiences... Hopefully one of these years I will be able to attend, but the last few years it just has not been possible. I would love to hear about any sweet finds or killer deals you found!

Thanks,
Nate Mack

Exhibitman
08-03-2014, 01:41 PM
The Nat is the best for postwar cards. The dealers are hip deep in inventory and you can really fill out sets for cheap. I picked up well over 100 1970s stars from all four sports for about a buck each. Really nice shape too. And if you are not a condition bug you can get major stars too. It is also good shopping for higher end cards. I picked up a nice vg Koufax rookie at a very good price.

hcv123
08-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I found a lot of common inventory and prices on stuff I specialize in grossly inflated. As a previous posted mentioned - if you are set building postwar sets, it is a fantastic show. If you are an advanced player collector like me, the Pickens were non existent.

On a brighter note - I brought my 7 year old son to his 1st national-it was GREAT! We had a blast. Upper Deck made us a father soon upper deck baseball card. Loved all the promos. Bought my first new cards in years for him to rip through and get the chase cards I know nothing about. We went on the ferris wheel in the middle of the expo center - best 2 dollars I ever spent. More later - I've got to go to sleep.