PDA

View Full Version : Best prewar auction source

Econteachert205
08-02-2014, 09:24 AM
If I was to join with one major auction house and follow them for prewar cards which would it be and why? I want one more outlet other than ebay, here and local shows. Thanks.

clydepepper
08-02-2014, 10:16 AM
If I was to join with one major auction house and follow them for prewar cards which would it be and why? I want one more outlet other than ebay, here and local shows. Thanks.

disregard

Stonepony
08-02-2014, 10:23 AM
If you follow just one auction house you'll miss out on something you want. Click on the Old Cardboard banner at top of page and check out their auction calendar !! It list most auction houses and puts you a click away from their websites . good luck .

Bored5000
08-02-2014, 11:06 AM
There is no one size fits all answer for what single auction house a person should follow. It depends on your budget and interests. An auction house like REA features amazing, one of a kind items, But the drawback is that items at REA can frequently hit five, six or even seven figures. Other auctions houses feature more common, "run of the mill" items.

Econteachert205
08-02-2014, 11:38 AM
It probably would have been better to just ask which are people 's favorites. Thank you for the feedback.

Texxxx
08-02-2014, 12:29 PM
It probably would have been better to just ask which are people 's favorites. Thank you for the feedback.

The one that has a card that I want.

mrvster
08-02-2014, 01:12 PM
btw....I have to ask....are you/were you an economics teacher?? you will catch on to pricing extremely fast then....I will help, just email me your thoughts on cards.....

I 'v had macro and micro economics back in the college days(20 years +:eek:) and loved my econ prof.....he was funny.....believe it or not....dry and funny...

anyway....as stated, no 1 auction house is the best.....just sign up for all of them, and wait for a sick card you want....it can get quite expensive tho.....ebay is "cheaper" but less good stuff.....sometimes you can get a "deal of the century" at auction, but a little more rarer...

2 of the top are REA and GOODWIN.....

but there are a ton of GREAT ones like LEON's Band L, and Sterling, LOVE OF THE GAME, SCP, HERITAGE, OMG....the list goes on....

if you focusing on T206, go rare, and don't worry so much about condition if you can, unless your rich:)....but in your handle you have 205 , they are great, I just don't know enough about them, just the basics and some rarities/backs....there are a ton of guys here to help with T205, esp TURNER ENGLE and HIS DAD

T206 can be had super cheap also, just the rarer ones are going to cost you...

printer's scrap has now left my affordable zone.....kinda bittersweet I guess:mad::)

Econteachert205
08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I'm a High School econ teacher. I was just trying to ascertain peoples preferences for auction houses before I start bidding. I have followed prices on ebay for a few years and although I have been collecting since I was 6 (32 now), I mostly collected 1950's-1980's until a few years ago. I sold off most of those extras and have been putting the money into 05's and 06's.