PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout to Mountaineer1999

Matvoo
07-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Thank you so much for this freebie. First t206 card.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz261/matvoo/T206_zpsb2e21e5f.jpg

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz261/matvoo/T206Back_zps4563905e.jpg

mrvster
07-30-2014, 11:25 AM
This is what collecting is all about! that card will be priceless to you one day;)

Mountaineer1999
07-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Your welcome Matthew. Glad to do it. When I got my first little ragged T206 in the mail I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Surviving 100 + years is no small feat. Only the good Lord knows where all that card has been and who it's owner's were.

Enjoy

Matvoo
07-30-2014, 12:36 PM
This is what collecting is all about! that card will be priceless to you one day;)
Yep
Your welcome Matthew. Glad to do it. When I got my first little ragged T206 in the mail I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Surviving 100 + years is no small feat. Only the good Lord knows where all that card has been and who it's owner's were.

Enjoy

I know right i want to know how and what year some of the damge was made.

Mountaineer1999
07-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Yep

I know right i want to know how and what year some of the damge was made.

Wouldn't that be great to know!

mrvster
07-30-2014, 01:42 PM
own a true small piece of history......:)

congrats and kudos to the both of you....this is what keeps our hobby alive and growing:)

Matvoo
07-30-2014, 02:01 PM
own a true small piece of history......:)

congrats and kudos to the both of you....this is what keeps our hobby alive and growing:)
Yep hopefully more kids my age join so we can keep our hobby longer

mrvster
07-30-2014, 02:10 PM
I respect you guys! us "veterans" will hand down the torch to you......it's your "job" if you chose, to keep our great hobby/ past time alive:)

without a future, there would be no hobby.....

hopefully the progression will be from modern to vintage...

and baseball in general to remain as popular as it is...

us "veterans" and collectors in general are basically just "borrowing" the item until it is passed down.....:)

I look to you younger collectors as our true hobby future.....please keep our hobby thriving!:D

Mountaineer1999
07-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Well Todd Marcum sent me a 206 card right after I joined the community so I wanted to pass it forward to Matthew because of how much I appreciated it.
Then ZachS went above and beyond and sent me a very nice little nugget. There are some really good people and collectors on this board and I just want everyone to know that their time and generosity is greatly appreciated.

Matvoo
07-30-2014, 02:35 PM
I respect you guys! us "veterans" will hand down the torch to you......it's your "job" if you chose, to keep our great hobby/ past time alive:)

without a future, there would be no hobby.....

hopefully the progression will be from modern to vintage...

and baseball in general to remain as popular as it is...

us "veterans" and collectors in general are basically just "borrowing" the item until it is passed down.....:)

I look to you younger collectors as our true hobby future.....please keep our hobby thriving!:DHopefully we can all keep it alive

Matvoo
07-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Well Todd Marcum sent me a 206 card right after I joined the community so I wanted to pass it forward to Matthew because of how much I appreciated it.
Then ZachS went above and beyond and sent me a very nice little nugget. There are some really good people and collectors on this board and I just want everyone to know that their time and generosity is greatly appreciated.

This is why our hobby deserves to stay alive as long as possible. Non greedy, kind and considerate people like you. And hopefully in the future I can give back to the community

swarmee
07-30-2014, 04:53 PM
After seeing some of the complaints on this board about readers sabotaging eBay buys and auction houses run amok, I'm glad to see a "balancing the ledger" transaction/post.

edjs
07-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Hey, I haven't seen you update your Monster Number! Get on it, kid! Nice stuff, all around.