PDA

View Full Version : 1937 Yankees Pass Help

daves_resale_shop
07-28-2014, 04:51 AM
Picked this up this weekend, and cant seem to have any sold data.. really neat piece that it made out to a member of the clergy here in waterbury ct...

Some pretty significant events happened for the yanks that year:
1-Lefty Gomez wins Pitching triple crown (21 wins, 194k's, 2.33 era)
2-Yanks go 102-52 and end up beating the new york giants in 5 games to take the world championship
3-Dimaggio has a break out sophmore season while leading the league in homers, runs, slugging and total bases.
4-Dimaggio hits his 1st of 11 career homers of off Bob Feller
5-Dimaggio hits for the cycle for the first time 7/9/37
6-Dimaggio Career homers 50, 75
7-Gehrig's last 200 hit season
8-Gehrig Homer #450
9-Gehrig first of 3 homers off of bob feller
10-Gehrig Cycle 8/1/37

As anyone seen one sell in the past? any ideas as to value?

I appreciate the help,
Dave

Scott Garner
07-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi Dave,

I've never seen a clergy pass to any team. That, in of itself, is pretty neat!

It's really difficult to place a value on a pass like this. Although the events you mentioned are interesting, no major milestones (3,000th hit, 500th HR, HOF MLB debut, no-hitter are amongst them).

This is a definitely a SWAG (super wild-ass guess), but I would estimate its value at $100 or so to the right collector. Since it is a Yankee piece, perhaps more.

No matter what, it is cool! :cool:

daves_resale_shop
07-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Thanks Scott!

I was just doing some homework and realized that Mickey Cochrane played his final game on 5/25/37 (ughh, the day his career was ended by a bump hadley beanball) at Yankee stadium. Mickey achieved a homer in the last official bat of his career, one of only two to accomplish this feat...