PDA

View Full Version : Is Dick Gordon safe to deal with?

Baseball Fan
07-27-2014, 05:07 PM
I tried to do a search on here but couldn't find anything. I feel like I've always heard Dick Gordon has a really solid reputation, much like some of our good guys here.

Is he safe to deal with, in terms of getting legit autographs? I really like this one photo of Joe D. they are selling, even though it's probably a bit pricey, and was wondering if I could buy with confidence?

http://www.dickgordonsports.com/photos/joe-dimaggio-and-bill-dickey-autographed-photo.html

Thanks for any help.

Lordstan
07-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Dick Gordon has been around for a very long time . He has always been a straight up guy in my dealings with him.
I would have no problem buying from him.

Klrdds
07-27-2014, 05:24 PM
I had several dealings with Dick Gordon , and his wife many years ago and never had a problem with them. That being said I always dealt with them at shows and arranging signings and getting items signed by the players they"represented" primarily. They would have been Yaz and Aparicio, and some Orioles players and others including at one time Marvin Miller. I would assume the DiMaggio would be good without looking at it closer because of his reputation and my experiences with him, but I would ask about the items provenance and his guarantee before buying just to be safe.

parker1b2
07-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Like Mark said he has been around a long time. I know he has represented Yaz for a while now as well.

Baseball Fan
07-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it.

Michael Frost
07-28-2014, 07:57 AM
There are not to many people in this whole industry as honest , creditable, and reliable then Dick Gordon. He has been in the autograph industry for over 30 years. He was a sports marking agent for Ripken, Yaz, Earl Weaver, Ted Williams and many others. He also was a close friend to many players including Mickey Mantle.
Dick Gordon is A++++

RichardSimon
07-28-2014, 08:21 AM
I have not seen Dick in many years but he is a really good guy and one you can trust about autograph authenticity.

Duluth Eskimo
07-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Dick is a great guy and has a big Yaz collection. A solid and honest guy.

Baseball Fan
07-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks to everyone.

I e-mailed and was able to get a hold of Mr. Gordon, who said he indeed got both of the signatures himself. After reading comments about him here and getting his response, I feel good about his reputation and dealing with him.

roarfrom34
07-28-2014, 02:22 PM
I hadn't seen him for awhile at the Hunt Valley Forge shows and someone had shared with me that he was having some health issues. I'm hoping that he is doing better.

When it comes to authenticity, you can't get any better than Dick.

Good Luck with your DiMagg piece!