PDA

View Full Version : Hey John Rogers is Famous!

calvindog
07-24-2014, 09:49 AM
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/99830/nlr-sports-memorabilia-dealer-john-rogers-sued-for-missed-payment

Maybe John can look in his couch cushions for a lost T206 Wagner and pay off his debt?

Howe’s Hunter
07-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Didn't SportCards Plus used to be a dealer/auction house out of California? Seem to remember at the only National I ever attended, it was at their booth I got to take a Wagner t206 out of the case, hold it for a while and have my picture taken with it. That was probably in '95 or '96 (last time National in St. Louis).

Also never had any payment issues with John Rogers when he bought five or six of my original t206 collection off eBay around 2008 or 2009. None more than $65-75, but he had money then. :)

Peter_Spaeth
07-24-2014, 11:06 AM
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/99830/nlr-sports-memorabilia-dealer-john-rogers-sued-for-missed-payment

Maybe John can look in his couch cushions for a lost T206 Wagner and pay off his debt?

Maybe there is one at the bottom of his dumpster and he can put on an old pair of shoes and look for it?

calvindog
07-24-2014, 11:09 AM
I think he should sit down with his good, loyal friend Doug Allen and the two of them can talk their way through Doug's and John's problems. Boy, to be a fly on the wall and listen to that conversation! If only someone would tape it.

wonkaticket
07-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Maybe there is one at the bottom of his dumpster and he can put on an old pair of shoes and look for it?

Classic. :D

I guess he could also call Peter Nash and ask what's fake and what's real from all the items he purchased out of the Pete Nash "as is" buyer beware clearing house sale. Then just sell some of the real stuff...or take a page from Doug and Pete and sell the fakes as real.

Peter_Spaeth
07-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Didn't SportCards Plus used to be a dealer/auction house out of California? Seem to remember at the only National I ever attended, it was at their booth I got to take a Wagner t206 out of the case, hold it for a while and have my picture taken with it. That was probably in '95 or '96 (last time National in St. Louis).

Also never had any payment issues with John Rogers when he bought five or six of my original t206 collection off eBay around 2008 or 2009. None more than $65-75, but he had money then. :)

That is Sports CARDS Plus. He is Sport CARD Plus. :confused:

wonkaticket
07-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I think he should sit down with his good, loyal friend Doug Allen and the two of them can talk their way through Doug's and John's problems. Boy, to be a fly on the wall and listen to that conversation! If only someone would tape it.

Jeff isn't the easiest path here just to find God and say you're a new man? :D

clydepepper
07-24-2014, 01:51 PM

I'm just amazed there is a website called arkansasbusiness.com

calvindog
07-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Jeff isn't the easiest path here just to find God and say you're a new man? :D

Some find God. All betray their friends.

Orioles1954
07-24-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm just amazed there is a website called arkansasbusiness.com

I know because Wal-Mart, Tyson Chicken and J.B. Hunt are really, really small-time operations for that backwards state. :rolleyes: