PDA

View Full Version : 1976/77 RC Cola FB Cans - GONE

clamendo
07-20-2014, 05:30 PM
I have a large group of 1976/77 RC Cola FB Cans...about 231. These were not available as a send away you had to trade across the 28 cities to try to put them together. I have some from every team, not too much duplication. I would prefer to sell the entire group, but will consider selling by teams. I asking $350 ppd for the group. About 90% are opened from the bottom and most are in great shape. Although not documented there are different trivia line variations for some of the teams. Here is a list that is fairly close, but probably not 100%. Email me if yoiu have an interest. I can also bring them to the national and sell them as a group cheaper since there will be no postage.

Bryan
08-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Do you have any of the football cans available for sale? I am trying to build a set.

Bryan

clamendo
08-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Email who you are looking for

clamendo
08-15-2014, 07:28 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/16/ury8a5y3.jpg

I have a set with 85 variations, my brother took the rest but has many dups. This is a tough set to build as it had to be obtained trading through the mail. I have corrected Becketts listing. I thought it was a unique group.

Blackie
08-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Very cool collection Carl!!!!:)

Bryan
08-15-2014, 08:50 PM

I will buy all that you want to sell.

Bryan
08-16-2014, 01:13 PM

I need dolphins, raiders, saints and buccaneers primarily. however I will purchase all of the cans that you have for sale

steve B
08-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Darn! I thought it was only the 70 on the poster. Looks like I have a load more to look for. Is there a list of the variations?

Steve B

clamendo
08-16-2014, 09:41 PM
I believe the following teams have DO NOT have two different trivial lines
Bills, Colts, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Pats, Redskins Local. My projection is 561 different

1977 Teams (280), Redskins Local (18), Projected Cans with Variations (220),1976 Colts Local (43) for a Grand total of 561....

BTW - I was told that there were 40 of the Redskins local, like the Colts by Columbia City Collectibles which I don't think is the case. Supposedly there is a "list". Show me the "LIST" !!!

Bryan
08-17-2014, 11:26 AM
I am working on a set that is listed at usasoda.com. It only shows 298 cans total for 1977 plus the 43 colts in 1976.

Carl

I need the following cans if available for sale:
Atlanta Falcons Alfred Jenkins Nick Mike Mayer
Buffalo Steve freeman
Dallas mel renfro Robert newhouse randy white jethro pugh
Houston ken burrough elbert drungo
Kansas city tom condon willie lee barry pearson walter white
Rams john cappelletti
Miami Larry seiple Tim foley Norm bulaich don Nottingham dick Anderson vern den herder jim mandich
new Orleans archie manning tony galbreath chuck Muncie bob pollard
giants clyde powers
Oakland ken stabler Otis sistrunk gene Upshaw dave casper
san Francisco jim plunkett
seattle mike Curtis
st Louis terry Metcalfe roger wehrli Jackie smith mel gray john zook
tampa bay Anthony davis ken stone jimmy gunn bob moore barry smith

Thanks

clamendo
08-17-2014, 08:33 PM
USAsoda is correct, the only addition would be the cans I have listed above have two different trivia lines. I wonder how many complete sets exist. I don't think too many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve B
08-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Their list is a little confusing. Are they saying those teams were only produced at those plants? I'd have to check mine, but most are either new Rochelle or whatever plant served the Boston area. And I've got a "set" of 70.

I collect the other series too.
Some of the toughest are 78 baseball from New Rochelle that are stamped "Khosher for Passover" on the top. They were only sold early in the season.

Steve B