PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the best day to attend the National

markf31
07-17-2014, 07:30 AM
So I've decided to squeeze in 1 day at the National this year. I've never attended a National before so I wanted some opinions on what day(s) might be better.

My first thought was to go Wednesday for the "Sneak Peak" opening, but at some shows dealers are not always at the "Sneak Peaks" and do not open their tables until the following morning, the first full day of the show. Does this hold true for the National? I also entertained going on Sunday instead, but similar to the "Sneak Peak" phenomenon I know some dealers close up early on Sundays to hit the road and get home.

I'm looking for some suggestions from the folks who've attended the National before and have any suggestions.

Leon
07-17-2014, 07:36 AM
So I've decided to squeeze in 1 day at the National this year. I've never attended a National before so I wanted some opinions on what day(s) might be better.

My first thought was to go Wednesday for the "Sneak Peak" opening, but at some shows dealers are not always at the "Sneak Peaks" and do not open their tables until the following morning, the first full day of the show. Does this hold true for the National? I also entertained going on Sunday instead, but similar to the "Sneak Peak" phenomenon I know some dealers close up early on Sundays to hit the road and get home.

I'm looking for some suggestions from the folks who've attended the National before and have any suggestions.

If I only had one day to go I would go Friday or Saturday. Wednesday is too early, Sunday too late. Just one opinion..

Rich Klein
07-17-2014, 11:12 AM
The National truly slows down by Saturday Afternoon. If you are looking for "bargains" that may be your better chance

If you want to see all the good material, then go Friday

nickedson
07-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Depends on what you're looking for. Wednesday or Thursday for the best selection. Saturday afternoon and Sunday for the bargains.

bcbgcbrcb
07-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Thursday is the first full day, I would go with that. Enough time to see everything and most of the stuff should still be there.........

Brian Van Horn
07-17-2014, 02:30 PM
I would think Friday would be the best. I know I can't make it Thursday. I will be in Myrtle Beach.

Jewish-collector
07-17-2014, 09:05 PM
I would also say Thursday. All dealers should be set up, most cards and/or memorabilia would still be available, and it's less crowded than Friday.

glynparson
07-18-2014, 04:33 AM
best day in my opinion.

1880nonsports
07-18-2014, 07:44 AM
wear comfortable shoes...............

savedfrommyspokes
07-18-2014, 08:46 AM
I have always found the best "already priced" deals on Thursdays (ie. some sellers have priced their item(s) below typical market value , sometimes significantly). These below market priced items dry up quick....most of the time by Friday. I consider Thursdays my "open minded to what I buy" day as I let the already priced deals dictate my buying. It does take some digging and looking to uncover these deals. However by Friday, I am back to working my lists. Funny though, it seems like I am typically much happier with Thursday's haul versus Fridays.

Just_Collect
07-18-2014, 09:15 AM
I think the best day to buy and look at fresh material is Tuesday and Wednesday. I think you can potentially get better deals on Saturday and early Sunday but it becomes a ghost town by early afternoon...

and I always buy a new pair of sneakers for the National!

Regards,
Leighton
www.justcollect.com (http://www.justcollect.com/)