PDA

View Full Version : Ot Richar Simon

shelly
07-16-2014, 11:37 PM
I dont know if I should say anything but I feel it is the right thing to do.
Richard was operated on today for throat cancer. His wife called me and said that things are not going as planed. He was in the operateing room for over nine hours and they are not sure if there is not another problem. I am not sure where he is at but I think it would be nice to email his wife and wish her well. If I can find out where he is at I will post it so that you can send cards or what ever is the correct thing to do.

Shelly

Mr. Zipper
07-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Prayers and good thoughts to Rich and his family.

GrayGhost
07-17-2014, 05:32 AM
Wow, my best thoughts and prayers to Richard and his family.

Jay Wolt
07-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Hope all works out for Richard, Cancer sucks!

jgmp123
07-17-2014, 06:55 AM
I will be praying for Richard and his wife today.

Lordstan
07-17-2014, 07:00 AM
I guess this explains why I haven't received any emails from him with items for sale in a while. I was wondering, but he had been posting, so I didn't expect this.

I will certainly keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with your recovery.

JimStinson
07-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Just Woke Shelly up he placed call to Rich's wife he is in ....

Columbia New York Presbyterian Hospital
650 W. 168th St
NY, NY 10032

He is doing a little bit better ....To those that know him he is a fighter !,
Please No calls or flowers
A get well card would be nice ...lets keep him in our thoughts today. Shelly will follow up with a post later re: any new info,
Get better quick !!!

shelly
07-17-2014, 10:48 AM
I talked with his wife. The operation took nine hours. They left the breathing tube in because he was not getting enough oxygen. They took it out this morning and he was able to to talk. T
The doctors feel that they got all the cancer. It will be a week before they know for sure. He is doing much better. I will keep you guys informed.

Shelly

clutch
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Get well mr. Simon!!!

jimjim
07-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Very good news. Thanks for the update, Shelly.

gregr2
07-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Good news, thanks for following up Shelly.

autograf
07-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Best of luck and get well soon!

joed25
07-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Richard you are in my prayers. I hope you have a speedy easy recovery.

w7imel
07-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Hope all is well rich! Please recover soon!

parker1b2
07-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Get well soon!!! Thoughts and prayers out to you Rich.

thetruthisoutthere
07-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Richard is definitely a fighter!!!

Michael Frost
07-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Richard - "I just wanted to write you to encourage you to stay strong and to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers."

RichardSimon
07-21-2014, 10:45 AM
I am back home.
Got home late Saturday afternoon.
I want to thank everyone who has posted in the two threads that were started about me.
Your good wishes and comments were all very much appreciated.
I did have thyroid cancer. That calls for major surgery which took about 8 hours. After surgery my oxygen level was low so the breathing tube was kept in for some time.
I had an outstanding surgeon. I was told by the nursing staff that he is considered world class. I was in Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in NYC, there is no Columbia-Jewish Hospital in NYC :):).
Thyroid cancer is fortunately for me a cancer that has a high rate of complete recovery so my prognosis for the long time is excellent.
The part that is not so wonderful is that my voice is raspy now and I have to cut up my food into tiny pieces :).
I also will have to probably take 11 pills a day for the rest of my life to mostly make up for the calcium and other things that the thyroid supplies to my body. And the scheduling of those pills is annoying but I am alive and well so I can live with an annoying lifetime pill schedule and chewing my food carefully for a short time.
Again, thanks to all for all your good thoughts for me and my family and hopefully all will be well.

jgmp123
07-21-2014, 10:48 AM
I am back home.
I want to thank everyone who has posted in the two threads that were started about me.
I did have thyroid cancer. That calls for major surgery which took about 8 hours. After surgery my oxygen level was low so the breathing tube was kept in for some time.
I had an outstanding surgeon. I was told by the nursing staff that he is considered world class. I was in Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in NYC, there is no Columbia-Jewish Hospital in NYC :):).
Thyroid cancer is fortunately for me a cancer that has a high rate of complete recovery so my prognosis for the long time is excellent.
The part that is not so wonderful is that my voice is raspy now and I have to cut up my food into tiny pieces :).
I also have to take 11 pills a day for the rest of my life to mostly make up for the calcium that the thyroid supplies to my body. And the scheduling of those pills is annoying but I am alive and well so I can live with an annoying lifetime pill schedule and chewing my food carefully for a short time.
Again, thanks to all for all your good thoughts for me and my family and hopefully all will be well.

Richard,

This is great news!! SO happy that you are okay and the surgery went well! :)

GrayGhost
07-21-2014, 10:56 AM
I am back home.
I also have to take 11 pills a day for the rest of my life to mostly make up for the calcium that the thyroid supplies to my body. And the scheduling of those pills is annoying but I am alive and well so I can live with an annoying lifetime pill schedule and chewing my food carefully for a short time.

Great news sir. Best to keep recovering and be back and better than ever.

gregr2
07-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Great news!! Glad to hear you are on your way back!

djson1
07-21-2014, 12:15 PM
I am back home....

Great to hear that, Richard. Good to have you back with us. :D

Mr. Zipper
07-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Good to see a post from you, Richard. Here is to eating huge chunks of steak in the very near future. :D

JimStinson
07-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Mas Fuerte Que La Muerte..verdad

earlywynnfan
07-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Richard, very glad to hear the good news!!!

Ken