PDA

View Full Version : BABE RUTH UNIFROM PATCH ca:1934

EVAJOY91
07-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Collectors, i need help to identify this Babe Ruth patch. I acquired it from the grandchildren who grandfather won a Babe Ruth contest in 1934 to spend a week with Babe Ruth in FLORIDA at his training camp. 50 children throughout the us were chosen. I sold the contest newspaper, western union telegram, photos and postcard relating to this contest last month to a dealer who specializes in BABE RUTH collectables. I left this one out.

I received offers of $500 & $1,000. An auction house offered me $1,000 and told me that he knows where this came from. He remembers a photo of ruth with this patch on a jacket he was wearing. I looked and looked but can't find the photo. The auction house wouldn't give me more details. I listed it on EBAY for $1,000 and received another offer of $600. I'm taking it down. Photo #1 is of the patch and photo #2 is the contest winner. The grandchildren always believed that their grandfather received it from BABE RUTH

Note: It's not a BABE RUTH league patch. The league started in 1951. This patch is from from 1934

Please advise.

sporteq
07-15-2014, 04:34 PM
It looks like you have all the info you need.. What are you asking?

Albert

EVAJOY91
07-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Some dealers told me that there exist a photo of Ruth wearing a Jacket with the same patch on his jacket. I would love to see if ant collector on this forum seen a photo like this. Thank you

Deertick
07-16-2014, 03:38 PM
I seem to remember seeing a recent auction of that photo. Babe with a couple of kids with a jacket and a patch (not sure if it was the same patch). I think it was described as a "Babe Ruth Club" or "Camp". I'll see if I can find it if noone else knows of it offhand.