PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Marciano Proxy/Ghost/Who Knows

yanks12025
07-13-2014, 05:14 PM
So with all the posts going on about ghost/proxy signatures, I figured I’d post this baseball and see what other members think. I bought it couple months back, had already showed it to a top auto expert here and they agreed it’s probably not good. So I showed it to probably the best boxing autograph expert around. He told me the R in Rocky looks like a late 50’s and before version. And that the Rocky isn’t too bad but the way the Marciano is wrote, he has never seen before. The baseball is a Warren Giles and dates from 1952-57 based on Brandon’s book, so the ball does fall within what the auto should somewhat look like for that time period.

Kind of odd for a proxy signer to sign a baseball, especially for a different sport athlete. But just thought I'd show it for you guys.

jerseygary
07-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Can't say anything to the authenticity, but I came across this when I was researching something for a book I'm writing:

http://www.enterprisenews.com/x1534028362/Baseball-was-Rocky-Marciano-s-first-love#axzz2Wn9npm00

toybulldog
07-15-2014, 11:45 PM
Does look similar when compared to some other early Marciano signatures 1950-1954. If your dating of the ball is correct leaning more towards '52. Hang on to it!