PDA

View Full Version : There is more than cards and 'graphs, what did you do this week for some fun?

RichardSimon
07-13-2014, 08:55 AM
On Wednesday night I saw Crosby, Stills and Nash at the Beacon Theatre.
They are always great and were on for almost 3 hours.
On Saturday, my birthday, my kids took me to the Mets game and we saw a thrilling come from behind victory 5-4 over the Marlins. The game included a successful squeeze play, a pinch hit 2 run homer, an amazing, unreal fielding play and an 8th inning two out game winning rally by the Mets.
After the game, as part of a concert series at Citifield that runs 4 times a yr, Huey Lewis and the News, did a one hour concert.

glynparson
07-17-2014, 10:24 AM
to see Back to the Future at the Movie Tavern for their Retro Cinema series.

07-19-2014, 10:50 AM
to see Back to the Future at the Movie Tavern for their Retro Cinema series.

I first saw Back to the Future when it came on TV on New Year's Eve when I was 7 or 8 years old. The next summer I begged my parents to take me to see Back to the Future 2. That movie trilogy got me interested in technology, and is the primary reason for my career in IT.

Nike announced earlier this year that they're going to release Power Laces next year, but I'll believe it when I see it. http://gizmodo.com/nike-designer-says-marty-mcflys-power-laces-are-coming-1523547123

bnorth
07-21-2014, 01:49 PM
On Wednesday night I saw Crosby, Stills and Nash at the Beacon Theatre.
They are always great and were on for almost 3 hours.
On Saturday, my birthday, my kids took me to the Mets game and we saw a thrilling come from behind victory 5-4 over the Marlins. The game included a successful squeeze play, a pinch hit 2 run homer, an amazing, unreal fielding play and an 8th inning two out game winning rally by the Mets.
After the game, as part of a concert series at Citifield that runs 4 times a yr, Huey Lewis and the News, did a one hour concert.

How was Huey Lewis and the News? I seen them around 1984-85 at our State Fair.

RichardSimon
07-23-2014, 10:21 AM
They were good, I never was a big fan of that group but it was a nice show.

TNP777
07-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Nothing too fun yet, but I'm going to see All Sons and Daughters (fantastic worship band) in Folsom CA on Friday night with my daughter and on Saturday will see Kershaw pitch in person for the first time with my son. Go Dodgers!

Leon
07-23-2014, 09:15 PM
I saw the original Star Spangled Banner in person today. Yesterday I saw Mt Vernon including the first presidential chair, Washington's tomb and the bed he passed away on, the day before I saw Monticello......tomorrow, going to the Holocaust Museum, Spy Museum and Arlington National Cemetery.....otherwise, just hanging out.....:rolleyes: