PDA

View Full Version : SGC - Net54baseball National Convention Special

Leon
07-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Hey Guys and Girls,
Here is is the SGC Special. Understanding they are usually buried at the National I think this is a pretty good offer. See everyone there...

SGC Net54baseball National Special

SGC is pleased to offer a National Sports Collectors Convention drop off submission special to Net54baseball members. Members save inbound shipping costs when dropping off submissions to SGC at the National. All submissions taken at the show will be graded and shipped within 5-7 business days, starting the Monday after the show. Regular tier rates apply. As a bonus, SGC will pay the return shipping as well. We look forward to seeing everyone at the show and stop by our booth located in the Corporate Area. *If you don’t plan on attending the National Sports Collectors Convention you can take advantage of this special by shipping your cards to SGC and having them postmarked from July 29th- Aug. 3rd. Please put Net54baseball Special on the submission form to get the free return shipping and fast turnaround.

oldjudge
07-11-2014, 02:58 PM
I'd like to suggest a show special of providing gaskets for cabinet size holders that actually hold the cards in place.

ZachS
07-11-2014, 03:21 PM
*If you don’t plan on attending the National Sports Collectors Convention you can take advantage of this special by shipping your cards to SGC and having them postmarked from July 29th- Aug. 3rd. Please put Net54baseball Special on the submission form to get the free return shipping and fast turnaround.

Nice... I might have to find some stuff to submit. I'm all about some free shipping.

Exhibitman
07-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Free shipping? I guess I'll bring that stack of stuff with me after all...

Exhibitman
07-11-2014, 04:03 PM
I'd like to suggest a show special of providing gaskets for cabinet size holders that actually hold the cards in place.

Nitpicker...

Joe_G.
07-11-2014, 05:10 PM
Which label/flip will they be using? I've held off on a couple dozen cards, patiently waiting :)

Blackie
07-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Good stuff thanks Leon!!!

ethicsprof
07-11-2014, 07:30 PM
many thanks for the efforts.
all the best,
barry

Jewish-collector
07-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Which label/flip will they be using? I've held off on a couple dozen cards, patiently waiting :)

Joe - I hope they use "your" label/flip. :D

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
07-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Joe - I hope they use "your" label/flip. :D

After seeing the new labels in person. I agree that Joe's label will be a significant improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValKehl
07-11-2014, 10:43 PM
I gave SGC a couple of cards to grade Friday afternoon at the Chantilly Show and they kindly agreed to let me pick them up at the National to save the shipping cost. I decided to press my luck by asking if my cards would have the new labels/flips, thinking there was next-to-no chance - the SGC rep responded, "they might" - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
Val

Taxman
07-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Thank you Leon and Sgc.

kmac32
07-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Sounds good one question on the return included in the special. Does this include insurance for the cards in the shipment?

Leon
07-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Sounds good one question on the return included in the special. Does this include insurance for the cards in the shipment?

Yes, it includes insurance back to you (and everyone else under this special)

Also, my understanding is that the newest flip coming out (very soon I think) is not exactly like the Joe G one but very close. I have been told it does have the green border and the watermark.

rainier2004
07-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Thanks Leon for providing us with that, your work is appreciated.

My question here is, I thought SGC actually returned the cards to you at the show. If I dropped off say 5 cards Wednesday, wouldn't I be able to get them back Friday or Sat? I thought they graded on site and you could get them back. Is the only point on taking them to the show prior to this special is save on shipping?

Leon
07-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Thanks Leon for providing us with that, your work is appreciated.

My question here is, I thought SGC actually returned the cards to you at the show. If I dropped off say 5 cards Wednesday, wouldn't I be able to get them back Friday or Sat? I thought they graded on site and you could get them back. Is the only point on taking them to the show prior to this special is save on shipping?

They are so inundated at the show they didn't want to have to do a show special and jeopardize not getting everyone's cards back while at the show. So this special alleviates that. At first I wasn't sure how good it would be but then thinking about it, specials are about saving money and this will do that. However, it is not an "on site" grading special except for the dropping them off part of it. And the more you drop off the more you save on the shipping back......

rainier2004
07-12-2014, 07:13 AM
They are so inundated at the show they didn't want to have to do a show special and jeopardize not getting everyone's cards back while at the show. So this special alleviates that. At first I wasn't sure how good it would be but then thinking about it, specials are about saving money and this will do that. However, it is not an "on site" grading special except for the dropping them off part of it. And the more you drop off the more you save on the shipping back......

That makes sense, thanks Leon.

kmac32
07-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Yes, it includes insurance back to you (and everyone else under this special)

Also, my understanding is that the newest flip coming out (very soon I think) is not exactly like the Joe G one but very close. I have been told it does have the green border and the watermark.

Very cool, guess I will be sending in under the special deal. Can't argue with those terms

07-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Leon, any chance that PSA might follow suit? I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask anyhow.

Leon
07-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Leon, any chance that PSA might follow suit? I'm guessing no, but thought is ask anyhow.

no

07-12-2014, 06:10 PM
no

Ok :)

Leon
07-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Ok :)

there was nothing else i wanted to say :)

07-12-2014, 06:36 PM
there was nothing else i wanted to say :)

Understood - thanks Leon!

kmac32
07-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Just talked with SGC and they said the new green bordered flip will be in use in approximately 2 weeks so looks like it will be just in time for the Net54 SGC card special. Perfect if it is true.

jp1216
07-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Been waiting for that new flip. I'll plan to drop of an order on 8/1. Thanks SGC and Net54!

kmac32
08-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Cards arrived and submission shows Grand Slam for grading tier. Hope that doesn't indicate $25.00 per card as that was definitely not the dollar amount I authorized. Guess we will see what happens.