PDA

View Full Version : Psa help please

sam majors
07-06-2014, 06:00 PM
For the first time ever I sent in 3 cards to PSA. They received the package July,03. I didn't keep a copy of the submission form I sent with the cards. My questions are:
1) Is there a way to get a copy of the form as I can't remember what card numbers I submitted? It doesn't show up on my account yet and I understand it will take a few days.
2) I sent them 5 day turn around and marked it on the box. Total cost I paid to PSA was $105 plus $29 return shipping. Does the $29 include insurance or should I call them and request insurance? The three cards are worth about $2,000 total.
3) Are they pretty good with customer service especially with a first time submitter?
Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks, Sam Majors

clydepepper
07-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Sam - I recently rejoined PSA for a year membership. I don't believe you can get a copy of the submission form you sent, but if you log on the PSA website, there will be a link to your 'account' at the top of the page. Click on that and you will see your orders...for example, mine has my first three orders which have been processed and my current order which they received last week. On the new order 'Okay' is indicated in the Order Status line; for the processed orders, 'Shipped' is indicated. There is also both a receiving and shipped date listed for each processed order. In the far left-hand column is the submission number. You can click on the number and view and/or print details of the processed orders. If the order is still being processed, you won't see any details.

If they have not yet received your order, it will not be listed under your account.

Your order will arrive with both a copy of your submission form and a packing slip (which is the online detail shown for each order)

hope this helps....the worst part, for me anyway, is that my cards don't turn out to be as 'pristine' as I thought...but, I wish the best for yours.

-Raymond

sam majors
07-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the info Raymond. I'll give it a few days and see if I can get some results. Sam Majors

glchen
07-07-2014, 11:36 AM
(1) PSA will ship you a copy of your submission form when they send your cards back to you. However, you really won't be able to see what cards or card numbers you submit until your submission pops and is ready for shipping. Given PSA's current turnaround times, you probably will need to wait 2-3 weeks after PSA receives your order before your submission pops. (taking into account loggage time and that PSA is behind as usual in grading cards.)

(2) PSA will provide insurance on the return shipping of your package based on what you put as the total declared value of your cards in the submission form. So, if you put $2000 as the total declared value of the 3 cards, you will have $2000 insurance. If your cards were worth $2000, but you only put $50 for the total declared value, then you would only have $50 insurance. (Not saying the OP did this, but some submitters do this, so that they can get higher value cards graded under lower service tiers to save money on grading fees.)

(3) You can always call PSA whenever you have a question, any question. The wait time is usually fairly minimal. However, PSA is a big company, so they don't provide as personalized service as SGC. For example, if you ask how much longer it will take before your cards are logged or will be graded, they won't know. If you ask that they find your package and read off your submission or send you a copy through email, that probably won't be happening. After your card is graded, if you ask why the card received that grade (e.g., when it is lower than expected), they won't be able to tell you.

Good luck!