PDA

View Full Version : New to this website

ChosenOne719
07-03-2014, 10:42 AM
I'm new to this site but am definitely not new to collecting so there might be a very small chance some of you will recognize my username...

I just recently got in to collecting hall of fame vintage cards (anything pre 80s and also some 80s rc cards) so I only have maybe 15 cards but outside of that I pc hall of fame autographs (dont have any huge names) whether it be cards or on memorabilia, prospect cards, game used memorabilia and anything Washington Nationals or Baltimore Orioles related as well as smaller collections of other Maryland and DC area teams.

slipk1068
07-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Welcome aboard and good luck with your collection :)

nebboy
07-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Welcome

mrvster
07-03-2014, 03:26 PM
try on a T206 or 2:)

Peace

Johnny

Leon
07-03-2014, 04:18 PM
welcome and enjoy!!

ethicsprof
07-03-2014, 09:08 PM
welcome aboard the board!

all the best,
barry

Roofman4
07-03-2014, 09:15 PM
welcome!

ChosenOne719
07-04-2014, 12:02 AM
try on a T206 or 2:)

Peace

Johnny

I've always wanted a T206 of a hall of famer but I'm guessing T206 of a hall of famer in ok condition is probably a bit pricey... I've seen people selling T206 cards for cheap on some sites I trade on but its normally of players that were not that great or like all the paper on the back is entirely gone.

the 'stache
07-04-2014, 03:41 AM
Welcome aboard, ChosenOne.

The answer to your question is no, not all Hall of Fame T206 cards are super expensive. It really depends on who you are looking to buy, and card condition.

If you're wanting to pick up a Ty Cobb in a PSA 4, be prepared to spend a good chunk of change. If you're looking at a second tier Hall of Famer like Rube Marquard or Miller Huggins, and you're ok with cards in good to very good range, you could find a nice card with strong eye appeal for a C note. Your best place to look is Net 54's B/S/T. You'll find true collectors here, collectors that aren't jacking the price up through the roof.

Good luck with your collecting, and have fun!

irishdenny
07-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Welcome aboard, ChosenOne.

The answer to your question is no, not all Hall of Fame T206 cards are super expensive. It really depends on who you are looking to buy, and card condition.

If you're wanting to pick up a Ty Cobb in a PSA 4, be prepared to spend a good chunk of change. If you're looking at a second tier Hall of Famer like Rube Marquard or Miller Huggins, and you're ok with cards in good to very good range, you could find a nice card with strong eye appeal for a C note. Your best place to look is Net 54's B/S/T. You'll find true collectors here, collectors that aren't jacking the price up through the roof.

Good luck with your collecting, and have fun!

Yes Welcome Aboard! I don't believe that I could of said it Any Better than what Bill had Replied!!!

Incidentally, with All Due Sincerity Bill... You are heading up our "Welcome Aboard Committee" with Honors! :)

So, Yes I am Voting for You as Chairman at Our next Net54 meeting! But 1st you'll have to explain the "Net 43" thing to us!?
I'm sure I missed something... That's usually the case.

Jewish-collector
07-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Welcome aboard, ChosenOne !!!
See you at the Chantilly show !!!

gregr2
07-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Welcome aboard!! So many knowledgeable members, its a great place to hang out and learn!

clydepepper
07-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the site. You will find a virtual well-spring of Baseball knowledge shared by the 'regulars' As a bonus, all seem to be good, honest guys!

Enjoy!

mrvster
07-05-2014, 05:16 AM
check the b/s/t here....you will get one cheap! :)

mrvster
07-05-2014, 05:22 AM
I just chked b/s/t there is a Wallace you might be able to work something out on........;).....pm the guy :)

mrvster
07-05-2014, 05:46 AM
I am constantly hunting T206....pm me with any questions ect....:)

peace

johnny

the 'stache
07-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Yes Welcome Aboard! I don't believe that I could of said it Any Better than what Bill had Replied!!!

Incidentally, with All Due Sincerity Bill... You are heading up our "Welcome Aboard Committee" with Honors! :)

So, Yes I am Voting for You as Chairman at Our next Net54 meeting! But 1st you'll have to explain the "Net 43" thing to us!?
I'm sure I missed something... That's usually the case.

It's the southern hospitality thing they beat into me when I moved to Texas from Wisconsin. :p

As to the Net 43 thing, that was a simple typo made on the laptop keyboard while nodding off. I just caught what you were referring to and corrected. I will take a mulligan on that one, Denny ;)