PDA

View Full Version : Net 54 National Dealers

Runscott
07-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Belltown Vintage Cards (Booth 1820) will be there (David - feel free to add a follow-up)

Thought we could probably use a thread like this, plus - I am looking for someone [who I know] to take one of my tables at the National (1/3 of normal promenade price), and need to get a name for the third dealer badge fairly quickly. This is more about having more eyes at our table and less empty space than anything else.

I'll be bringing the following, much of which I haven't offered for sale anywhere:

pre-wwI baseball cards - 170+
RPPC postcards - 100+
baseball and football cabinet photos - 100+
baseball photos - 100+, including loads of Jackie Robinson sliding
1908-18 Baseball Magazines - 60+
1890's-1930's Spalding and Reach Guides - 60+
autographs: handwritten letters, index cards, a few checks, 1952 and 1956 Yankees balls. Also bringing the Ruth and Jackson Kreindler displays.

Thanks

Runscott
07-03-2014, 10:08 PM
My apologies if I unwittingly committed some sort of faux pas by posting this thread :confused:

Leon
07-03-2014, 10:51 PM
My apologies if I unwittingly committed some sort of faux pas by posting this thread :confused:

Sometimes members just don't say anything. Even if there is a good question or comment, folks just don't say anything. It is some kind of chat board phenomena. It's a good thread. Our regular crew of Scott Brockel.man, Richard Mas.son, Jay Mil.ler (maybe) and myself will be there and set up. We will have some vintage for sale as usual. Hopefully all members will stop by and say hi....We are looking forward to it.

I should add, we will be accepting consignments for our auction soon after the National..... :)

Runscott
07-03-2014, 11:35 PM
I get it, but a 'National Dealer' thread where I'm the only dealer listed would be kind of weird.

buymycards
07-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Hi Scott,
I am interested in your thread and I am interested in seeing what you and other dealers are bringing to the show. I just didn't feel the need to comment. I hope other dealers chime in.

I wish I could set up with you but I won't be able to get away from work.

Rick

sam majors
07-04-2014, 07:40 AM
My booth number is 1336 right across from Upper Deck's corporate booths. I will be bringing:

Pre 1950 sports equipment ( baseball, football, basketball and boxing)
Pre war cards mostly non-sports in the 30's and 40's but some baseball
Boxing programs, posters and cards
Michigan and USC letterman blankets
Cardboard advertising signs

There will be the huge candy jar. Price is ONE piece for $1.00 or TWO pieces for free! YOUR CHOICE!! Mention NET.54 and we can probably work out a better candy deal! Hope to see you there. Sam Majors

Al C.risafulli
07-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Love of the Game will be set up in booth 2024, immediately adjacent to Ryan Christoff and Cuban Baseball Auctions, in booth 1925. I'll be taking consignments for the September LOTG auction, and displaying material from future auctions as well. There will be plenty of music and baseball and sarcasm for anyone who wants to pay us a visit (plus free cards for the kids - bring the kids!).

Can't wait to see everyone again!

-Al

sb1
07-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Sometimes members just don't say anything. Even if there is a good question or comment, folks just don't say anything. It is some kind of chat board phenomena. It's a good thread. Our regular crew of Scott Brockel.man, Richard Mas.son, Jay Mil.ler (maybe) and myself will be there and set up. We will have some vintage for sale as usual. Hopefully all members will stop by and say hi....We are looking forward to it.

We will also be taking consignments for our Sept/Oct Auction and have cards on display for the Auction as well. Booth 1220P

Donscards
07-04-2014, 02:39 PM
I will be set up at booth 1129 near the ferris wheel---I have 8 showcases of graded cards---Mayo N300's---1910 cards with 10 Ty Cobbs---Goudeys with 6 Babes---loaded with 1950's--many 52's including psa 8 Campy--psa 7 Mays--psa 5 Mathews plus 20 graded highs and 30 ungraded high #'s---also psa 8's 1958 yellow letters and a psa 9 Mantle AS--also 1960's graded plus my partner with have 4 complete sets to sell 1959-1960-61-65---also some odd ball stuff---we will set up early tuesday---thanks, Don Hontz

prestigecollectibles
07-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Prestige Collectibles will setup at booth 1213 with a large assortment of Japanese baseball cards and memorabilia. Hope to see everyone there.

drcy
07-05-2014, 01:29 AM
I will be at Scott's (Belltown) spot authenticating photos, selling some of my books and producing a picture catalog (not an auction catalog, but a picture book of stuff). If you have any photos or other items you want me to examine stop by. Also, if you have interesting photos or other items you might like appearing in the publication stop by.

I'm independent of Scott, but we're coming from the same part of the country and he knows I'm easy to get along with and he can stand sharing space with me.

Not to make it an ad, but if you wish to have me examine stuff you can email me beforehand. cycleback@cycleback.com

My rates are quite reasonable if you compare them to, say, the cost of a Bentley or hiring Lady Gaga to perform at your daughter's birthday party.

Granted, my zip lock baggies may not be as sharp as PSA's holders, but I write real neat on the post-it labels. Say all you want, but neither SGC or PSA holders have the 'yellow and blue make green' seal. And does Beckett guarantee your photos against freezer burn?

Just kidding, of course. I laminate everything.

TCMA
07-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Seriously considering attending this year and heading to Cleveland immediately after Cooperstown. Though mostly as a spectator.

glynparson
07-12-2014, 03:26 PM
First show I Will be doing since Valley forge in 2009-2010. Tons of graded pre war through 1960s. Tons of Short prints in the 1960s. Focus on Rookie Card and high demand cards. Mostly PSA. Some SGC. Do not have number but its last row in the back. <A.C.E.S.>

Myachelydra
07-12-2014, 08:16 PM
BST Auctions and MSB Sports Cards will be set up at booths 2101 & 2105.

As usual we will have lots of vintage baseball and football for sale as well as being available to discuss consignment opportunities and anything else related to the auction house.

Please stop by and say hello!

Jay Wolt
07-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Please stop by and say hello!
I indeed will do so ;)

Jewish-collector
07-12-2014, 09:24 PM
First show I Will be doing since Valley forge in 2009-2010. Tons of graded pre war through 1960s. Tons of Short prints in the 1960s. Focus on Rookie Card and high demand cards. Mostly PSA. Some SGC. Do not have number but its last row in the back. <A.C.E.S.>

Glyn - Glad to see you back setting up at the National. See you in Cleveland !!!

Steve_NY
07-12-2014, 09:41 PM
I will be set up in the front of the room 5 spots in and 1 across, at 305P. I will have a wall of empty sport and non sport wax boxes. I will have some unopened as well including a 1975 Mini full box, many rare and old non sports unopened boxes. I will have a ton of sports items such as Saladas, 1956 Topps pins, P2 Pins. Unopened Jello boxes from the 1950s. Most super bowl pins, Super Bowls 2 and 3 and 4 programs with tickets. Many unusual pins/tokens with super stars from the 1930s. RARE test, proof baseball wrappers from the 1960 to 1990s such as Topps All Star busts; one cent baseball wrappers from the 1950s to 1960s; many rare 500 + non sports wrappers. Most Dodger yearbooks and programs. Many unopened packs from the 1950s to 1970s - sports and non sports. Many Journal American baseball and non sports. Many tobacco cards numbering over 600+ cards. 1968 Topps 3D cards, have 4 right now at this writing; graded. I guess you can say I carry a little or a lot of everything.

Steve Sabow

Hankphenom
07-13-2014, 07:15 PM
I will be set up with Kevin Keating and his fabulous autographs at booths 1737 and 1836. No cards to speak of, but some nice memorabilia and lots of great Walter Johnson photos and snapshots fresh from the estate.

vintagewhitesox
07-13-2014, 07:20 PM
I indeed will do so ;)

I might too. :)

Andy Sandler
07-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Hi Everyone!
I will be at the show but not at a specific table. I will be the only one there wearing a San Francisco Giants cap. GO GIANTS!!!!
Please stop and say "hello!"
Thanks, Andy Sandler andy@allsportsauctions.com
(845) 331-8610 NY

tedzan
07-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Mark Macrae and I are setting up at the Cooperstown Show on HOF weekend. Then we will drive to Cleveland to set up
at the National. We are sharing the booth with Sal Dischera.

Mark and I will have our usual eclectic assortment of vintage BB cards from 1887 - 1967 (graded & ungraded). Lot's of
T206's (and a good number with with some rare backs....LENOX, AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 & 460, EPDG, HINDU, etc.).

Our booth isn't far from the entrance. Look for Sal's huge display of sports & non-sports posters, yearbooks, programs,
uniforms, etc., etc.

Looking forward to seeing you all....and, "Talkin Baseball", and BB cards :)

MARK....SAL....TED

CurtisFlood
07-15-2014, 03:30 PM
I'll be there with whatever I have right now. I'm in a quad that got one leg sold back to the waiting list when a dealer backed out. I'm with Coach Estes Cards out of the St. Louis area. Booth spaces 633P, 637P, and 737P. Not sure which one is mine.

I am new on here, but have been setting up at shows since 1989. I've done quite a few Nationals, mostly in Chicago, one in Baltimore, and this will be my third in Cleveland.

I'm another old timer and enjoy meeting with fans and collectors alike at these big shows. I'm constantly amazed at the material the folks bring in to sell and trade. I'm not big on trading because of the time it takes, but I have done it at times.

joshleland
07-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Unlike any other major auction house we actually go to the National to SELL not just buy and accept consignments. The the thing I find frustrating is to come to tables where nothing is for sale and just a display for future auctions with nothing you can buy right then and there. I'm not putting down the other auctions that do, we used to do some of that as well, but people found it frustrating. Besides, if everyone did this the National would be one big yawn rather than what it is: the most exciting event in the hobby bar none. Nothing comes close.

Last year our booth was more of a musem with mostly extremely high end material for sale such as a T206 Honus Wagner and Jackie Robinson's 1947 Rookie of the Year Award at about a million dollars each. This year we are going in a different direction. We will have stuff from all different categories in all price ranges; from $1 to $100,000 with the majority on the low end of this scale, $25-500. We have many fresh pieces we have gotten over the last few months from a few major collections and nothing we have carried from show to show. If we have it, it's fresh. The stuff is priced to sell with the lower the price range the bigger the bargain. We have all kinds of vintage sports cards and sports memorabilia including an amazing group of early vintage photos Cleveland Indians (1910s-1960s), autographs, game used, publications, and more. It will be on a first come, first serve basis with no sneak peaks. And you have to come to the national to see what we have. We are right at the front of the room, you can't miss us.

We are bringing 6-figures in cash to the show (yes I am bragging) and we will buying all that week starting Monday. If you bring us anything we will make you an offer or give you a free appraisal on the spot. No games, for cash, no checks till the cash runs out, so get there early. If you just want an opinion and don't want to sell show it to us anyway. We will do opinions/authentications for free before spending your hard earned dollars on authentication fees. See us first, see us last, doesn't matter. We will also pay a 10% finders fee on anything you turn us on to that we eventually buy. We will also be accepting consignments and paying healthy cash advances for such. If you refer a consignment we will also cut you in on the commission.

Come by and just say hello. We will all be there, Mike Heffner, Kevin Bronson, Aldo V and myself. Mike Heffner is not only the smartest guy in the hobby but the nicest. I look forward to saying hello to you for the 100th time or or the first. Please come by and ask us anything, we are apply to share our 100 years of hobby experience.

glynparson
07-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Finally got the number, trying to coax a fellow board member into flying in to split the booth but for now just me.

Runscott
07-16-2014, 06:46 PM
The the thing I find frustrating is to come to tables where nothing is for sale and just a display for future auctions with nothing you can buy right then and there.

Okay, okay, anything I have will be available for you to buy. I will even have special prices for you, to reflect the large amount of cash you are trying to get rid of.

Belltown Vintage Cards: Booth 1820

larrie804
07-17-2014, 07:12 AM
We will be at the National --- Booths 2025, 2029, 2124 and 2128! We will give all NET54 members a 10% discount if they mention this post. There will be a large selection of T205 and T206 cards plus miscellaneous other T-cards, Caramels, and two binders of 1930s cards. As usual we will have a large selection of 1950s and 1960s material! Please stop by and at least say hello!

Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards (NOT Dean's Cards)
804-833-3087

Sterling Sports Auctions
07-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Sterling Sports Auctions will be set up at 2129, sharing with Tony Swann (Carlton Fisk collector). I will be accepting consignments for the Auction starting August 28th. I will also be displaying some of the cards from the auction that will be running during the Nationals, that starts on July 24th.

Stop by say "Hello", always enjoy putting faces to names.

Lee Behrens

Sean1125
07-17-2014, 03:58 PM
1949... 5-10% discount for net54 members... Just ask

vintagesportflips
07-19-2014, 06:18 AM
I will be set up in booth 1608 with a wide variety of 19th century to WWII sports equipment, a ton of pro and college pennants, early photographs, figural pieces, trophies, and much more.

martyp
07-21-2014, 06:56 PM
I should be in booth 1813. I have graded and raw cards from T cards through 1969 Topps.

ncinin
07-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Chappell Cards will be setup in booth #1217. I have both ungraded and graded cards from N172's to mid-1970's in all grades and price ranges.

edhans
07-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Gary Nuchereno and I will be in booth 1425/1524. Nice selection of prewar through 1979.

glynparson
07-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Tables 1759-1760

Just_Collect
07-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Just Collect will be set up at booth #521p & #620p. We will have a number of fresh cards on display and for sale. I'm looking forward to next week!

Regards,
Leighton
www.justcollect.com (http://www.justcollect.com/)