PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry. Paul Waner store model.

yanks12025
06-30-2014, 07:30 PM
I feel bad for the person who just bought a Paul Waner bat on eBay for $510. The person selling the bat listed it as game used by Paul Waner. But I sold the seller this same bat last week and it is 100% STORE MODEL. The bat had inch marks stamped in the knob(34).

I asked the seller yesterday how they're selling this as a game used bat when it has inch marks. The seller told me 125 store model bats were not stamped with bone rubbed and that he has never seen another bat like this in all his years and that he's been in this hobby a lot longer than me and knows more than me. A quick 5 minute google/eBay search provides a lefty Grimm 125 bat with bone rubbed under powerized and also inch marks(so a store model)!

He told me he doesn't see any 34 stamped on the knob. Even in his blurry photo of the knob, you can make part of a 4 out.

ooo-ribay
06-30-2014, 09:10 PM
Do you have the eBay link?

Runscott
06-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Brock, at the end of the day it's just a matter of who can sleep in their own skin. If you are an evil fvck, then you've got abilities that the rest of us can do without. Just be happy you aren't in that group.

Cfern023
07-01-2014, 01:27 AM
I feel bad for the person who just bought a Paul Waner bat on eBay for $510. The person selling the bat listed it as game used by Paul Waner. But I sold the seller this same bat last week and it is 100% STORE MODEL. The bat had inch marks stamped in the knob(34).

I asked the seller yesterday how they're selling this as a game used bat when it has inch marks. The seller told me 125 store model bats were not stamped with bone rubbed and that he has never seen another bat like this in all his years and that he's been in this hobby a lot longer than me and knows more than me. A quick 5 minute google/eBay search provides a lefty Grimm 125 bat with bone rubbed under powerized and also inch marks(so a store model)!

He told me he doesn't see any 34 stamped on the knob. Even in his blurry photo of the knob, you can make part of a 4 out.

Wait for the feedback to be left, and then contact the buyer- or call eBay and tell him he's committing fraud.

earlywynnfan
07-01-2014, 06:45 AM
is he a member here? I've been emailing back and forth about how disappointing he wouldn't disclose that.

yanks12025
07-01-2014, 06:50 AM
I don't think he's a member. But he's standing behind that there have been gane used bats before that had inch marks. But the examples gave me were players not found in the hillerich & bradsby catalog(this was a article written by bushing years ago about 125 and inch marks).

sayhey24
07-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Does someone have a link to the auction? I searched Paul Waner bat and a few other things under completed auctions, but couldn't find it.

Greg

earlywynnfan
07-01-2014, 02:07 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221476440762?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Was the Vern Stephens a store model, too??

UnVme7
07-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I had almost bid on the Stephens but passed due to the Waner. I can't tell what was on the knob, but it looks like you can make out an S2 which was a model he used. Even then, I have a feeling the bat is 34 inches anyways.

yanks12025
07-01-2014, 02:59 PM
I dont remember whether it was a gamer or a coaches bat.

Wish I knew who ebay user m***a(1933) was.

And the Dick Howser was a fungo bat and had termite damage to the back but barely shown in the photos.

daves_resale_shop
07-01-2014, 04:57 PM

Hmmm...
I inquired about the bat to see if there was any marking on the knob. He sent me a better photo of the knob with what appeared to be a 34. I asked him if it was in fact a 34 which he confirmed.

mdallen22
07-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Hmmm...
I inquired about the bat to see if there was any marking on the knob. He sent me a better photo of the knob with what appeared to be a 34. I asked him if it was in fact a 34 which he confirmed.

A paragraph from Mears online:

"We have also done several articles on this very site with regards to some pre war off brand game bats such as Hanna Bat Rite, Spalding, Kren, and Zinn Beck. (Besides the photo from Marshall Fogel’s collection showing Ruth in front of the dugout with an obvious Zinn Beck model in the photo, another photo exists in Stephen Wong’s latest book (Smithsonian Baseball) on page 70, a killer, 1926 dated photograph taken in the locker room with Babe Ruth clearly holding a Zinn Beck Bob Meusel model 100 Diamond Ace) We have talked about everything from hand turned models to those models actually marked HAND TURNED on the center brand. We have denoted that some pro model game bats actually had inch marks stamped on the knob ( Hanna model bats with name only on barrel for example) which leads me to the real reason behind this article, another rather startling discovery and printed, to my knowledge, here for the first time. H&B made game model bats, those never, ever made available to the general public, with INCH MARKINGS on the knob. "

http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,print,0&cntnt01articleid=142&cntnt01showtemplate=false

yanks12025
07-03-2014, 02:40 PM
A paragraph from Mears online:

"We have also done several articles on this very site with regards to some pre war off brand game bats such as Hanna Bat Rite, Spalding, Kren, and Zinn Beck. (Besides the photo from Marshall Fogel’s collection showing Ruth in front of the dugout with an obvious Zinn Beck model in the photo, another photo exists in Stephen Wong’s latest book (Smithsonian Baseball) on page 70, a killer, 1926 dated photograph taken in the locker room with Babe Ruth clearly holding a Zinn Beck Bob Meusel model 100 Diamond Ace) We have talked about everything from hand turned models to those models actually marked HAND TURNED on the center brand. We have denoted that some pro model game bats actually had inch marks stamped on the knob ( Hanna model bats with name only on barrel for example) which leads me to the real reason behind this article, another rather startling discovery and printed, to my knowledge, here for the first time. H&B made game model bats, those never, ever made available to the general public, with INCH MARKINGS on the knob. "

http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,print,0&cntnt01articleid=142&cntnt01showtemplate=false

He showed me that same article. And just like him, you leave out the most important line. "Well, it is entirely possible that players, even well known and signature model endorses, may have used 125 models with inch marks but if they also had a catalog model, no such claim could be espoused with any reliability."

Pretty sure Paul Waner shows up in the catalogs.

Runscott
07-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Have any other Waner bats been found with the characteristics of the one you sold? ('bone rubbed' and inch markings)