PDA

View Full Version : Once again

yanks12025
06-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Bought a bat on eBay last night for a buy it now listed by the seller. And today they cancel the sale. Wonder who interfered with this sale.

gnaz01
06-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Bought a bat on eBay last night for a buy it now listed by the seller. And today they cancel the sale. Wonder who interfered with this sale.

Ebay is becoming a joke!! I will share this: I purchased on item off eBay last year that was probably worth $2,000 and I got it for $410 because of the way it was listed. When I was on the phone later in the year thinking of consigning it to an AH, I told the owner about this, they looked it up while I was on the phone with them, and stated "I wonder how we missed that". :confused:

MGHPro
06-30-2014, 11:41 AM
:mad:
agreed- people need to stop interfering with others deals... sorry it happened Brock
Matt

UnVme7
06-30-2014, 11:54 AM
I found out on mine who contacted the seller and I posted it in the original thread. The seller finally came out and told me who it was in exchange for taking off the negative feedback I left. It was Baseball999 on eBay.

Forever Young
06-30-2014, 12:02 PM

Perhaps another bat guy following you around? I would create another id for buying. It happenes to me too believe it or not on photos.

gnaz01
06-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Perhaps another bat guy following you around? I would create another id for buying. It happenes to me too believe it or not on photos.

Bat stalkers?? Sounds like a reality TV show :)

bn2cardz
06-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Ebay is becoming a joke!! I will share this: I purchased on item off eBay last year that was probably worth $2,000 and I got it for $410 because of the way it was listed. When I was on the phone later in the year thinking of consigning it to an AH, I told the owner about this, they looked it up while I was on the phone with them, and stated "I wonder how we missed that". :confused:

The owner of the AH told you this? Like they would have kept tabs on it if they would have caught it?

gnaz01
06-30-2014, 12:40 PM
The owner of the AH told you this? Like they would have kept tabs on it if they would have caught it?

That is why I put it in quotes, that is exactly what I was told. It shocked me too.

thecatspajamas
06-30-2014, 12:47 PM
That is why I put it in quotes, that is exactly what I was told. It shocked me too.

I took the way it was stated to mean that the AH personnel also actively buy items on eBay and somehow overlooked the item you won, or else they would have bid on it as well. Is that not what you meant?

Brock, sorry this happened to you as well. I'm starting to be grateful I don't chase gamers.

gnaz01
06-30-2014, 12:48 PM
I took the way it was stated to mean that the AH personnel also actively buy items on eBay and somehow overlooked the item you won, or else they would have bid on it as well. Is that not what you meant?

Yes Lance, exactly. Sorry for the confusion :(

thecatspajamas
06-30-2014, 01:29 PM
I guess I'm just confused at the assumption that AH personnel don't or shouldn't also look for items on eBay to flip via the AH. I've always assumed that, when bidding on eBay, I'm competing with anyone with the time to dig through the listings, AH's included. There have even been a few times when I've sold something in an eBay auction to someone from an AH, and seen it go for multiples of what I got for it when sold through the AH. It stings, but it certainly happens, and I don't begrudge them that (though it does make me re-examine my chosen selling venue when that happens :p ). Maybe I would feel differently if I found myself butting up against the same guys over and over.

Now if it was someone from the AH implying that they would have talked the seller out of completing the deal with you had they noticed the item, that would be different. That's not okay no matter who you are.

WillowGrove
06-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah I agree that when im bidding on eBay I'm bidding against everybody, auction houses included. But i find it ironic that an AH would be either going against another AHs rules (eBay) and possibly offering the seller a better option. (not saying that's what they meant when commenting to Greg N!). Or they're buying the item themselves to sell, which i always thought was kind of a conflict of interests but i guess isn't really.

Seems ironic.

Sorry that happened to you Brock.

deebro041
07-01-2014, 08:48 AM
A little change in direction here, but is it ok to cancel ebay auctions if there is no action on the auction?

UnVme7
07-01-2014, 08:55 AM
A little change in direction here, but is it ok to cancel ebay auctions if there is no action on the auction?

You mean canceling a 7 day auction on the 5th day due to zero bids? Something like that?

deebro041
07-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Yes Nate, but a 10 day after 5 days.

thecatspajamas
07-01-2014, 09:49 AM

As far as eBay is concerned, it is not against the rules, but I wouldn't advise it.

In no way can you predict the bidding interest on a 10-day auction based on what the bids are on day 5. In this day and age of sniping programs and last-minute bidders, along with the way eBay boosts visibility of auction listings in search rankings in the last day, you can expect most of your bids to come in the last few hours (or minutes, or seconds) of a listing. On a 10-day listing, you can almost consider the first 9 days as a preview for bidders with most of the action coming on day 10. You might get the occasional "placeholder" bid from an interested party in the early days just to let you know there is interest so you don't do exactly what you're considering, but a lack of any early bids should not be taken to mean a lack of interest.

Have you looked to see how many "Watchers" your listing has? That still won't predict what the final bid price will be, but does give a better indication of interested snipers waiting in the bushes.

Republicaninmass
07-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Might be a good idea to have a separate buying account, new buying account. Or change your ebay ID. I keep changing my id now that I found my 'stalker'. Imagine, he is a board member! Stay classy