PDA

View Full Version : Vintage card shops in the Dallas area?

NateMack
06-27-2014, 08:37 AM
I will be traveling through Dallas this weekend and thought I might stop in at a local card shop. Do any of you have a recommendation for a shop with a nice vintage selection? Hoping for a place that is fair with their pricing and dont bother to dig up the price guide with every card I pull! :)

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks,
Nate Mack

Rich Klein
06-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Both stores I frequent in the Dallas area are run by nice people

Nick's SPortscards at Coit and Campbell in Richardson have everthing priced fairly. No price guide needed/

Al at Triple Cards at Park and Ave K in Plano does not have as many old cards but hs is a good guy

You will enjoy both shops

Rich

the 'stache
06-30-2014, 04:27 AM
I'm sorry I didn't spot this earlier, Nate. You've likely already finished your business. But if not, you could check out SMP Sports Cards in Grapevine. I haven't been there in about a year and a half, but they were always real helpful. They have a nice selection of ungraded vintage cards, baseball, football and basketball. The prices are pretty reasonable, too.

Here's their website (http://smpsportscards.com/).

Safe travels!

the 'stache
06-30-2014, 04:28 AM
By the way, they're closed on Sunday and Monday.

NateMack
06-30-2014, 06:08 AM
Thanks guys for the recommendations! Things got a little hectic and I wasnt able to make it to any card shops on Saturday and Sunday. Next time I am in Dallas I will try and get to one or both of them.

The 2 card shops in Houston rarely get anything new in their inventories. So, it is kind of like, been there once and that's enough... So heading to a new shop with a new collection/inventory of cards sounds great to me!

Thanks,
Nate Mack