PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please

Nappy1525
06-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Hey guys i really need help with this card. I dont have too good of an eye for cards being trimmed does any one think this card can be trimmed or altered any other way?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261510526476?nav=SEARCH

ullmandds
06-24-2014, 12:57 PM
doesn't look trimmed to me...but I would have no idea if color were added?

Bocabirdman
06-24-2014, 01:04 PM
I agree that doesn't look to be trimmed. Added color can be tough to see on a scan. I do not see any here but that certainly is not gospel.

Sean
06-24-2014, 01:22 PM
It doesn't look trimmed to me.
It also doesn't appear to be in Very Good condition, as the seller claims. But I don't collect T205s. Maybe someone who does collect them could weigh-in on this card.

Edwolf1963
06-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Well, it says he or his father pulls every card they sell pack fresh, so that means his old man is at least 103 years old :)

I agree with the others, T205's are more prevalent for recoloring than trimming (at least in those I have seen/sold). Despite the "no returns" baloney, if you send off to a TPG immediately and it comes back altered - eBay will back you (or at least they have in the past) especially since there's no notation of possible alterations in the description. All that crap about "there are no returns on my cards as I have no idea what may happen once the buyer receives the card" won't hold up if it comes back altered/recolored.

irishdenny
06-24-2014, 02:24 PM
From the Back view of the Card, the Top looks questionable to me!
I never like a card when it is in question...
I would just rather they say the Card is Trimmed.
oR that they Guarantee it will grade a Numerical Value...

Just my 2 pennies worth...

Leon
06-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Personally I don't think it is trimmed or recolored from the scan. Most of the times I have seen the corners be a bit touched up if color is added. I think it will grade a 1.5 or a 1. All of these are just guesses :).

T206Collector
06-24-2014, 04:36 PM
I'd stay away from raw Cobbs on ebay, as a general rule. Particularly from the T205 or T206 sets. There is no justification for not having the card graded if you were trying to sell it for the condition it truly is.

hangman62
06-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Yes,
looks good..get it

gnaz01
06-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Looks good

Leon
06-29-2014, 04:48 PM
All things considered the buyer probably got a pretty good deal, by the looks of it.

ullmandds
06-29-2014, 05:17 PM
All things considered the buyer probably got a pretty good deal, by the looks of it.

agreed...funny how many are afraid to buy raw...that's one of the few areas where deals can occasionally be had.

Leon
06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
agreed...funny how many are afraid to buy raw...that's one of the few areas where deals can occasionally be had.

Raw cards on ebay have been some of my favorite pick ups..This Young and Wagner were raw on the bay..These Rogers Peet cards are still raw (from ebay) and I would guess the Cobb will eventually grade an 8 to 8.5. Others in the group did....

iwantitiwinit
06-30-2014, 06:37 PM
I agree with Irish Denny the reverse of the card appears as if it could have been trimmed. I also agree no reason to buy an ungraded superstar card on ebay, if the card grades out at say a 1.5 how much more would a graded 1.5 cost you than what was paid for this card. To me its worth buying the graded one simply for the piece of mind, but that's just my opinion.

One caveat in your favor however this seller appears to sell alot of ungraded cards and his feedback is solid. Maybe you did get a good deal after all. I hope u did.

Leon
07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
I agree with Irish Denny the reverse of the card appears as if it could have been trimmed. I also agree no reason to buy an ungraded superstar card on ebay, if the card grades out at say a 1.5 how much more would a graded 1.5 cost you than what was paid for this card. To me its worth buying the graded one simply for the piece of mind, but that's just my opinion.

One caveat in your favor however this seller appears to sell alot of ungraded cards and his feedback is solid. Maybe you did get a good deal after all. I hope u did.

Everyone's comfort level with risk is different. I have a fairly high tolerance to risk as I have (had) been in straight commission sales for 20+ yrs.....

The worst case on the T205 Cobb was it being AUT. At that point it would still be a few hundred dollar card so the risk between that and the ending price wasn't a whole lot.