PDA

View Full Version : Paul "Bob" Fitzke debut 1924 autograph

ATP
06-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Does anyone have or have they seen an example of his autograph? He played in one major league game, in 1924 and pitched four innings, but had a longer career in PCL afterwards. I am going through some early 1930s PCL baseballs that I am identifying the names on, and thought I would see if there was any insight here as to his rarity. Thanks in advance.

JimStinson
06-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Does anyone have or have they seen an example of his autograph? He played in one major league game, in 1924 and pitched four innings, but had a longer career in PCL afterwards. I am going through some early 1930s PCL baseballs that I am identifying the names on, and thought I would see if there was any insight here as to his rarity. Thanks in advance.

I keep a spread sheet of signature population of every major league player that ever had an at bat up until 1970. its about 4 decades of research, it may be a few years out of date but based on the spread sheet , No known verified examples of his signature are known to exist in the public domain. Or if there are they are not reflected in my database. Hope this helps

Vintage autographs for sale daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com

ATP
06-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Jim, thanks for the info, it was very helpful. Interesting to know that I have an autograph, albeit obscure, that might be the only known example.