PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I just found out that....what should I do?

lug-nut
06-21-2014, 02:43 PM
I happened to be using the PSA Population Report and running a few of my cards and Blam! one comes up that it doesnt exist.

Background, rather rare t206 card in a PSA "authentic" graded holder with certification number and all that jazz... I ran the player with the set and back and it's not listed. Then I ran the certification number only and it's not in their records. I did use my Zbar scanner that does show the bar code matches the certification number but that's it.

I have the emails from the transaction and I think this person is current member here on the site. I have done other trades/purchases with this individual with no other problems. It was a two card transaction and the other card comes up fine. I do believe that it was an honest mistake on his part of buying the problem card and not that he pulled anything funny.

1) how should i approach him in the email or phone call?
2) could this number be old enough that it was never entered in PSAs data base?

thanks for any input, and I'd rather not post the member name or a scan of the card until this is settled.

#fme

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
06-21-2014, 03:14 PM
I would contact PSA before doing anything (including posting this thread).

clydepepper
06-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Too Late. We know where you live.

vintagetoppsguy
06-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Maybe start by posting a scan of the card so we can see it?

ZachS
06-21-2014, 04:05 PM

Nah... where's the fun in that?

lug-nut
06-21-2014, 04:31 PM
no i think it's better not too post the card. i dont want to call out anyone if PSA made the mistake. the card looks legit to me and the holder has just as much frosting as all my other psa holders. the more i look at it, and hear from other members (via pm) the more confident i feel that psa screwed up some how.

Lgarza99
06-21-2014, 04:43 PM
In the "my set" tab there will be a "report a cert that should match this composite". It is right above the page size.

I have had this happen as well. It took a few days but customer service contacted me when it was available to add to my set.

JakeStahl'sGloveSHows
06-21-2014, 07:51 PM
I've run into this with several T206's over the past month. For some reason, so far, only T206's -- not sure why. But an email to PSA will get it taken care of. They've been nothing short of awesome and responsive to any issues or questions I've had.

clydepepper
06-22-2014, 09:48 PM
What do you think we are, a bunch of nerds?

sb1
06-23-2014, 06:11 AM
Depends on when it was graded. I have a couple of cards that I personally had graded 5-10 years ago and they do not show on the pop or cert report. I believe if they were graded onsite at the National or such, some of the data never got transferred.

frankbmd
06-23-2014, 06:21 AM
Pop Reports act as a marketing tool for the Registry game.

Accuracy has never been a priority for any TPG.

Does anybody really think a TPG has a vested interest in finding out if a card submitted to them has been submitted before or if that card is a crossover, so they can keep their pop reports accurate?

If so, I've got some land in the Everglades for sale. Taking offers.;)

I would also add that one of the entry level jobs at any TPG is Pop Report Maintenance Technician (PRMT) and a high school diploma is not required.

autograf
06-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Frank makes a great point about the TPG. Pop report accuract is a moot point. In fact, the crack and resubmit game just helps them out. It streams card grades for a particular card upward as it's cracked and resubmitted. A 7 cracked and submitted 5 times, gets a 7 on (4) of those (5) and an 8 on the 5th time. Now that card shows (5)7's and (1)8. Similar trend on 9's but probably not quite as many although the financial benefit for 8-9 bump is exponentially more than 7-8 bump on most, and especially certain, cards. POP reports may be directionally accurate but you can't take them at face value for sure. Probably a much larger problem in the more popular sets obviously and into the early Topps years.........

wolf441
06-23-2014, 06:45 AM
If so, I've got some land in the Everglades for sale. Taking offers.

Can you send scans Frank!!?? I've heard rumors of what would be known as the "Gator Swamp Find"!! :D

frankbmd
06-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Can you send scans Frank!!?? I've heard rumors of what would be known as the "Gator Swamp Find"!! :D

Steve, it's better to visit in person. I'll hail a local cab for you.

wolf441
06-23-2014, 07:12 AM
The natives do look friendly!! :)

lug-nut
06-23-2014, 11:34 AM
I've run into this with several T206's over the past month. For some reason, so far, only T206's -- not sure why. But an email to PSA will get it taken care of. They've been nothing short of awesome and responsive to any issues or questions I've had.

so far so good, psa verified the label over the phone and they will check out the scans i emailed them. it'll take a couple of days to enter into the cert finder but i am a happy camper. thanks for the input...