PDA

View Full Version : June Pickups

bnorth
06-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Got this great card in the mail today. It is a 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken F Face version with a print offset and a saw cut.

bnorth
06-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Got this amazingly beautiful card in the mail yesterday. It is the 1989 Fleer #81 Wade Boggs with out the Dot after "Throws Right" on the card back. It probably is not worth much but to me it is my best pick up this year by far and I have picked up a Venezuelan Joe DiMaggio, a Babe Ruth and several other nice cards.

This card has been my white whale for several years and am just very happy to finally get it.:D:D:D

cozmokramer
08-22-2014, 08:41 PM
I was with my 9 year old and were cleaning out an old card closet and we came across 1 bill ripken 1989 fleer card. He thought it was the MOST AMAZING card that he had ever seen. Now lets remember, he's held a T206 Wanger, an E90 Joe Jackson, 52 Topps Mantle... but this 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken is one of the first that he's actually interested in collecting.

Lucky me, its relatively inexpensive! I showed him around the web at the varying versions and he's now more intrigued than ever!

So OUR quest begins. We are going to build a 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken dislay, showing all versions of the card along with matching cello and/or rack packs that have riken on the front or back.

Anyone have these laying around and want to help, please PM me!