PDA

View Full Version : JSA sticker affixed to loa instead of autographed item?

CharleyBrown
06-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Out of curiosity... Has anyone ever seen the JSA sticker attached to the full loa letter instead of the baseball? Is this common practice or is it a red flag?

Sorry if this is a novice question... I collect cards primarily but checking out a few autographed baseballs for display.

Thanks!

HOF Auto Rookies
06-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Yes, if the LOA has a scan of the item, like a Ruth ball for example, no need to worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeKam
06-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Becoming much more common now as no one wants a sticker ruining their item

Mr. Zipper
06-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Correct, if you request that they NOT place the sticker on the item, they place it on the letter.

Bossfan
06-17-2014, 08:11 PM
That's how they did mine on a Monkees 45 cover signed by Davy, Mickey, and Peter. I actually called them about it because I was concerned that the sticker wasn't on the sleeve.

Leon
06-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Thank goodness JSA is listening to collectors who don't want their rare and valuable items partially ruined with the !@#$%^ stickers. I hate them......and have had more than 1 of those darned things on the front of an item.

gregr2
06-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Thank goodness JSA is listening to collectors who don't want their rare and valuable items partially ruined with the !@#$%^ stickers. I hate them......and have had more than 1 of those darned things on the front of an item.

Me too!! Now if I'm looking for an item and I see the sticker on the front, I almost immediately eliminate it from consideration and keep looking. Why do they want to ruin valuable items with their sticker????

packs
06-18-2014, 01:47 PM
You can spot bogus LOAs because they don't have the sticker affixed to them. Always check the LOA and make sure it has a sticker. I've seen a few fakes in my searches.

parker1b2
06-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Me too!! Now if I'm looking for an item and I see the sticker on the front, I almost immediately eliminate it from consideration and keep looking. Why do they want to ruin valuable items with their sticker????

^^^Yeah that^^^^

Mr. Zipper
06-19-2014, 04:35 AM
You can spot bogus LOAs because they don't have the sticker affixed to them. Always check the LOA and make sure it has a sticker. I've seen a few fakes in my searches.

This is not necessarily accurate. If the sticker has been placed on the item, the LOA will not have a sticker.

packs
06-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Well yeah but I meant if an item doesn't have a sticker and the LOA doesn't have a sticker, it is a bogus LOA. The poster asked about items with stickers on the LOA but not the item.

thenavarro
06-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Well yeah but I meant if an item doesn't have a sticker and the LOA doesn't have a sticker, it is a bogus LOA. The poster asked about items with stickers on the LOA but not the item.

That's not always true either. Some people end up taking the sticker off the item for whatever reason (aesthetic or otherwise), and thus they'll have a letter with no sticker and an item with no sticker.

Not meaning to "bust your balls" over a technicality, just didn't want "newbies" to believe a blanket rule that is not accurate.

packs
06-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Fear not, my balls are fine. I can't account for every situation but all things being equal an item without a sticker with an LOA without a sticker would raise a major red flag for me.

Runscott
06-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Glad this subject came up - I have two footballs with hologram stickers and small NFL card COA's with no photos. Good to know there is a collector-accepted protocol for taking care of this issue.

Gary Dunaier
06-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Some people end up taking the sticker off the item for whatever reason (aesthetic or otherwise), and thus they'll have a letter with no sticker and an item with no sticker.

Aren't the stickers designed to be self-destructive if there's an attempt to remove them?

Mr. Zipper
06-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Aren't the stickers designed to be self-destructive if there's an attempt to remove them?

Yes. They can be removed, but they break apart. So in all likelihood, you will be removing a number of fragments with tweezers.