PDA

View Full Version : Just a little manners reminder to trade partners

Exhibitman
06-11-2014, 06:26 PM
If you are in trade negotiations, have solicited offers, etc., please remember to check your PMs and emails and attempt to timely respond to your counter-parties. It is both rude generally and disruptive to the smooth functioning of the Board as a society to leave people hanging, even if your response is no more than "no thanks."

Leon
06-11-2014, 07:07 PM
I concur Adam. Well said. I bought 3 cards from the BST today. The seller had great and timely communications....It was a great deal so far and I am sure it will end that way. It's not rocket science. Act professional over there or go somewhere else...

bobbyw8469
06-11-2014, 07:34 PM
If you are in trade negotiations, have solicited offers, etc., please remember to check your PMs and emails and attempt to timely respond to your counter-parties. It is both rude generally and disruptive to the smooth functioning of the Board as a society to leave people hanging, even if your response is no more than "no thanks."

Works the same way for buyers as well. If a low offer comes in, and a seller counters, please don't leave the seller hanging.

UnVme7
06-11-2014, 08:38 PM
I generally decent transactions on this forum. I also think this site is run very well.

If you guys think you have issues regarding low balling/time wasters etc on this site, it's not anything close to "another" forum. Boy, it's tough over there.

t206hof
06-12-2014, 06:10 AM
Completely agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially for buyers.

Paul S
06-12-2014, 06:36 AM
When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich:D

ALR-bishop
06-12-2014, 07:16 AM
So who do you think got the better deal in that trade ?

AustinMike
06-12-2014, 10:43 AM
So who do you think got the better deal in that trade ?

Obviously Peterson. To my knowledge he and Kekich's ex-wife married and are still together. I think Kekich and Peterson's ex-wife never got married and split after a few months or maybe a couple years. They both lost in regards to baseball. Kekich didn't have the record Peterson did before the swap, was horrible after the swap, and was out of baseball within a year. Peterson had been successful prior to the trade but didn't do much afterwards. Because of the life swap? Who's to say.

bn2cardz
06-12-2014, 12:08 PM
When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich:D

Man when I think I know everything about baseball history a comment like this takes me on a Google adventure. Of course I would have heard about it when the movie came out, but I had no idea this ever had happened.

rainier2004
06-13-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm bumping this back to the top for several reasons.

The OP made SEVERAL good points and they should be followed. In my recent selling spree the ration on NOT receiving a pm to receiving one is about 3:1 and that's ridiculous. A simple "no thank you" goes a long ways. I spend time writing individual descriptions and pricing things out individually. I also offer to hold sales sometimes until I hear back but that is my fault and will stop that practice. This nonchalant attitude about responding sucks and I have had NO problems with newbies...these are members that have been here at least 6 months.

Rant over, return a pm.