PDA

View Full Version : Help with deciding on an inscription

face747
06-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi all,

There is an upcoming Lou Whitaker signing and i am looking at getting an autographed baseball with inscription. Trouble is, i have multiple options for an inscription and can't decide which to go with. Obvious options are:
78 AL ROY
84 WS Champs
"Sweet Lou"

I think i am leaning more towards the ROY inscription as that is more an individual accomplishment to go with an individual signed ball.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Deertick
06-11-2014, 03:24 PM
I would rather have the "Sweet Lou". The other inscriptions would be much more common.

Now, if you really want to get funky "Louis Rodman Whitaker, Jr" would be pretty unique. You might need a softball though.

eastonfalcon19
06-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I would go with ROY inscription.

r2678
06-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Too many "Sweet Lou" in baseball. I immediately think of Sweet Lou Johnson.

WS inscribed ball would be ok if you were putting together a team set of signed baseballs.

I guess that leaves ROY.

mschwade
06-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Too many "Sweet Lou" in baseball. I immediately think of Sweet Lou Johnson.

WS inscribed ball would be ok if you were putting together a team set of signed baseballs.

I guess that leaves ROY.

Generally when I request inscriptions, I try to do something unique that you don't see often or sometimes even at all. For my 1978 debut collection, I had guys add their debut such as Ozzie Smith, I asked him to sign his name and underneath write: "MLB Debut 4/7/1978" I don't have a scan in my email, but I'll edit and include it later.