PDA

View Full Version : T205/206 Topps inserts

Centauri
06-10-2014, 02:14 PM
In building my T205 set, I have found some of the Topps inserts from a few years back. What do you guys think of these? I have 5, and would like to get them graded simply to match the rest of the set and also for protection.

Have you had experience running one of these through the grading system? Should I leave it in the "packaging", or should I break them out and have them slabbed like a normal T205. Do the grading services even have an option?

TIA.

arc2q
06-10-2014, 02:18 PM
In building my T205 set, I have found some of the Topps inserts from a few years back. What do you guys think of these? I have 5, and would like to get them graded simply to match the rest of the set and also for protection.

Have you had experience running one of these through the grading system? Should I leave it in the "packaging", or should I break them out and have them slabbed like a normal T205. Do the grading services even have an option?

TIA.

Finally a question I can authoritatively answer! You must remove from the Topps packaging to have buybacks graded...at least by PSA. And I would assume the others. I submitted two along with a batch of raw cards recently and the two buybacks were sent back to me untouched (with a credit so I wasn't charged). They will not cut them out for you.