PDA

View Full Version : 1910-1912 Sweet Caporal Pins PSA questions

marvymelvin
06-07-2014, 08:27 PM
I have been collecting Sweet Cap Yankees pins in the PSA 6 grade range. I think they are great and think that the small slabs from PSA are nice too.

However there are some holders that are different than the others. If you notice the holder for the Johnson pin, it has weird notches in the circle unlike the clean lines of the holders of my Yankees pins.

Which ones are the current ones PSA is using?

I am sure this is an easy question for you. I have not bought pins with the notched case just because they look weird.

Leon
06-08-2014, 12:06 PM
I hope they are using the ones without the notches. The notched ones remind me of coin holders and, to me, don't look good displaying pins. The notched one seems distracting.

Jay Wolt
06-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I believe the notched ones are the newer ones, since I've only seen these recently.
They are probably better in protecting the pin, disc or coin. The older style had a rubber O ring that the item sat in.
I noticed this when I busted out a '63 Salada Mantle several years ago.
Because of this O ring the piece is locked into place so if its not encapsulated centered, you cannot tap it around.
Like you can with the card paper discs.
All my P2 pins, & Topps/Salada/Armour/Old London coins are the non notched style, so I would like to see a close up of the notched style in hand.