PDA

View Full Version : 1961 dodger ball on ebay

toyman55
06-05-2014, 08:19 AM
This is on ebay now and I know the Alston and Hodges autographs appear to be club house. Any opinons?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231246662215?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

theshleps
06-05-2014, 09:13 AM
I am comfortable with it except maybe Alston and maybe Stan Williams

shelly
06-05-2014, 10:48 AM
I am not comfortable with the Koufax and Drysdall

Deertick
06-05-2014, 04:58 PM
I am not comfortable with the Koufax and Drysdall

I agree with Koufax, this seems to be a clubhouse version that I have seen wrongly authenticated. Funny I haven't seen it much on balls, mainly photos generally with a generic "Best wishes".
I disagree on Drysdale. I like Hodges, hate Alston.

djson1
06-06-2014, 12:15 PM
I agree with Koufax, this seems to be a clubhouse version that I have seen wrongly authenticated..

Isn't this the way Koufax signed in the '60s and before? Most of the stuff I've seen by Koufax from the '50s and early '60s seems to be similar. If anybody has examples from Koufax in this era, it would definitely help me out as I have quite a few that are like this from the same period. I noticed his signature slightly changed in the late '60 early '70s, just based on what I've seen though.

Deertick
06-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Isn't this the way Koufax signed in the '60s and before? Most of the stuff I've seen by Koufax from the '50s and early '60s seems to be similar. If anybody has examples from Koufax in this era, it would definitely help me out as I have quite a few that are like this from the same period. I noticed his signature slightly changed in the late '60 early '70s, just based on what I've seen though.

I was shown by a huge Koufax collector examples that spanned from his rookie year to mid 90's. The only ones that resembled this (especially the K) he had identified as clubhouse or ghost signed. If I remember correctly, he said this was an example of a TTM from the late 50's. Several were 5x7's of the type you get when you address requests thru the team. He did not have a ball.

I have always taken his expertise on this and have noticed a few over the years. There are many examples of before and after 1961 that don't look like this.