PDA

View Full Version : T206 rare backs-historical information?

veleno45
05-29-2014, 07:04 AM
With the market for rare backs kind of going crazy right now is the opinion of the long time collectors to buy and hold these backs as investments or sell, sell, sell, the market will correct itself? Or is there no correction and these will be in demand at top premium prices for years to come? I have only been collecting the T206's for a couple years and do not really know the historical fluctuation that maybe others have been through. Thanks.

Jeffrompa
05-29-2014, 07:23 AM
I am not the T206 expert but I would say that the prices of the premium backs will do nothing but go up . They seem to be raging .

MVSNYC
05-29-2014, 10:05 AM
I've collected T206 rare backs for 25 years. they have only gone up over that time frame, never really gone down. Collectors will tell you stories of getting Uzits, Lenoxs, Red Hindus & even Drums for a few hundred bucks a decade ago or so...strong, steady climb over the years. i'd say if you want to get into the game, hunt for some decent deals and buy now, don't wait for the prices to come down, they won't. on the flip side, if you were able to buy some nice rare backs several years ago for good prices, maybe you peel one or two off now, good time to sell and make some money.

What are your intentions? investment or joy of collecting? it's up to you.

mrvster
05-30-2014, 03:07 PM
I hate to say this, but you really can't go wrong with them...

as my long lost bro mike said...+1

he nailed it:)

judsonhamlin
05-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Gotta agree with Mike (hi, Mike). The popularity of T206 sure isn't waning, more collectors seem to at least be willing to chase type backs, and the population of many of these back is so thin that even a few dozen Lenoxes or Uzits disappearing into long-term collections can drastically reduce the relative supply.