Runscott
05-28-2014, 05:07 PM
Anyone receive their winnings yet?

RGold
05-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Me, last Friday. :D:D:D

Runscott
05-28-2014, 05:17 PM

where is the 'gritting my teeth' emoticon?

bobbyw8469
05-28-2014, 05:46 PM
No...no tracking number...nothing.

Kenny Cole
05-28-2014, 05:49 PM
No.

glchen
05-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Received my winnings last Friday also.

oldjudge
05-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Yes, easy to work with these guys!

bobbyw8469
05-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Yes, easy to work with these guys!

For some....

tiger8mush
05-28-2014, 06:52 PM
No...no tracking number...nothing.

same here. Granted, I didn't pay until the 22nd, but it was electronic and its been 6 full days and not a word.

Sterling on the other hand, I paid (via exact same method as Heritage) on the 26th and on the 27th I received two emails with tracking numbers.

Runscott
05-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Glad to hear that, Jay.

bobbyw8469
05-28-2014, 06:56 PM
same here. Granted, I didn't pay until the 22nd, but it was electronic and its been 6 full days and not a word.

Sterling on the other hand, I paid (via exact same method as Heritage) on the 26th and on the 27th I received two emails with tracking numbers.

I paid on the 19th.

Runscott
05-28-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm wondering why they continue to include the following meaningless text in their invoices. I'm apparently getting the Jay email without the Jay treatment.

"Important: To expedite shipment (as appreciation of your established loyalty), this invoice will be shipped on Open Account, without waiting to confirm payment. Please allow 7-14 days to receive the items you won.

(e-check sent on the 18th)

z28jd
05-28-2014, 07:03 PM
I paid with paypal right after I got the bill and I'm still waiting for the Pony Express to arrive in NJ. I heard dysentery was running rampant on the Oregon Trail, so I'm willing to give them time.

frohme
05-28-2014, 07:52 PM
I also received mine on Friday, was surprised to see an email with tracking info ... before I had even paid for it ... granted, it was a single low cost item, but it was a pleasant surprise.

--
Mike

Bugsy
05-28-2014, 07:58 PM
7-14 days, right? Math isn't my strong suit, but don't they still have a few days? I'm sure they weren't open on Monday either.

Runscott
05-28-2014, 08:00 PM
7-14 days, right? Math isn't my strong suit, but don't they still have a few days? I'm sure they weren't open on Monday either.

A lot of things aren't your strong suit, Chris, but at least you are predictable.

Bugsy
05-28-2014, 08:20 PM
A lot of things aren't your strong suit, Chris, but at least you are predictable.

Why do you continue to buy from them and bitch after every single auction when you don't get things a week later? Who's predictable?

Bugsy
05-28-2014, 08:30 PM

If they say 7-14 days, I think it only fair to give them the 7-14 day period before complaining. I was trying to imply that. And I don't believe I have ever even had an exchange with you before. Not sure why you feel it necessary to insult me, but I guess that is who you are.

Runscott
05-28-2014, 08:40 PM
If they say 7-14 days, I think it only fair to give them the 7-14 day period before complaining. I was trying to imply that. And I don't believe I have ever even had an exchange with you before. Not sure why you feel it necessary to insult me, but I guess that is who you are.

I returned your serve. If you have a problem with that, walk off the court. Everyone got my point except you.

Runscott
05-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Why do you continue to buy from them and bitch after every single auction when you don't get things a week later? Who's predictable?

I do it just so that I can post after EVERY SINGLE AUCTION and watch your blood pressure go up. It makes me happy.

earlywynnfan
05-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Chris, you'll never win a war of words with the main man Scott. He's the only one around that's allowed to make points, use sarcasm, or mess with people. Also, he's VERY literal, so don't try to use any inferences around him, he won't stand for that!! Otherwise, you'll feel his wrath. Just watch!

Ken

jhs5120
05-29-2014, 03:17 PM
I did not win anything in their most recent auction, but I have always experienced a 7 to 14 day window for delivery. Heritage is pretty good about that.

prestigecollectibles
05-29-2014, 05:56 PM
I received my lots on Tuesday

prestigecollectibles
05-29-2014, 05:56 PM
I received my lots on Tuesday

Runscott
05-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Chris, you'll never win a war of words with the main man Scott. He's the only one around that's allowed to make points, use sarcasm, or mess with people. Also, he's VERY literal, so don't try to use any inferences around him, he won't stand for that!! Otherwise, you'll feel his wrath. Just watch!

Ken

That's hilarious. I have a short list of five Net54 members, 2-3 of which are guaranteed to jump into a thread like this and show their asses. Ken is #1 - #1 not being such a great thing. I'm still waiting on #2. C'mon Todd.

chernieto
05-29-2014, 06:12 PM
I got my Heritage package last week. Apparently those who make it onto Scott's coveted " ignore" list get faster delivery.

Runscott
05-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I got my Heritage package last week. Apparently those who make it onto Scott's coveted " ignore" list get faster delivery.

Haha - there is only one on that list. Thought I'd see if you were maturing, but wasn't really expecting anything.

Google 'coveted'. If you are going to be a wise ass, you might as well learn English.

Edited to add: It's sad, but three out of the five forum members who have been taking shots at me for the last six months, are right here doing so in this thread. I guess I feel a sense of 'ownership' ;) Why am I so important to you five? I know I'm good-looking, but I thought I had removed all those naked pictures :confused:

Runscott
05-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Ken, it's SCOTT FORREST or BELLTOWN VINTAGE CARDS. If you can't find me at the National, you aren't looking.

You called me an 'ass', unprovoked, from behind your keyboard. I'll be curious to see what names you call people with your actual mouth. You started this. I have no problem finishing it.

Bugsy
05-29-2014, 07:16 PM
That's hilarious. I have a short list of five Net54 members, 2-3 of which are guaranteed to jump into a thread like this and show their asses. Ken is #1 - #1 not being such a great thing. I'm still waiting on #2. C'mon Todd.

Didn't Richard Nixon have an enemies list too?

And could you please pinpoint where I have said something about you? I would love to know what I said that is making you so paranoid.

Thank you.

earlywynnfan
05-29-2014, 07:19 PM
I am stunned -- STUNNED -- that only five people find Scott's overwhelming arrogance and repeated bullying tiresome. I guess you guys have thicker skin than us.

Since Scott has made it clear he chooses his words carefully, and means exactly what he says, I'm finding the homoerotic PM he sent to be quite intriguing...

Ken

PS: To respond to the original post, my winnings are due to show up tomorrow. I wish they were faster shippers, but this is well within their published time estimates.

earlywynnfan
05-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Ken, it's SCOTT FORREST or BELLTOWN VINTAGE CARDS. If you can't find me at the National, you aren't looking.

You called me an 'ass', unprovoked, from behind your keyboard. I'll be curious to see what names you call people with your actual mouth. You started this. I have no problem finishing it.

Thank you for proving me correct in post #21! How are you going to finish this? Are we going to go behind the bleachers at the National at the third bell and fight?

Runscott
05-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Didn't Richard Nixon have an enemies list too?

And could you please pinpoint where I have said something about you? I would love to know what I said that is making you so paranoid.

Thank you.

I didn't say anything about enemies and I kind of liked Richard Nixon.

wonkaticket
05-29-2014, 07:30 PM
The sports side of HA is pretty darn good or at least has been to me, soldi thumbs up there.

The Decorative/Fine arts side of HA not so much…you think you guys wait for sports items. I won a vase for $500 in February only to find out a month later after paying that they don’t handle shipping in house for this division. To add salt in the wound the third party shipper has yet to send the vase months later.

They can ship 100k baseball card lots no problems but a 12” high $400 vase is like trying to organize the shipment of Tutankhamun’s sarcophagus for a world museum tour to the boys at HA. :)

Runscott
05-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Thank you for proving me correct in post #21! How are you going to finish this? Are we going to go behind the bleachers at the National at the third bell and fight?

I'm sure you'd rather simply call me an 'ass' any time I disagree with you. Much easier that way.

Ken, I haven't had a fight since I was 22, and I'm 56 now. But listening to the name-calling from you and having you pop in to insult me, unprovoked, in threads where I'm discussing things, has gotten old. I go out of my way to mend internet battles as I would rather have a friend than an enemy, but when I backed off, you kept coming, and you still do. There is no indication that you plan to ever let this go. Either ignore me completely or discuss this in person and let's clear it up - since we'll both be at the National, it seems like a no-brainer. Whatever that means is better than a perpetual internet feud.

Runscott
05-29-2014, 07:53 PM
I am stunned -- STUNNED -- that only five people find Scott's overwhelming arrogance and repeated bullying tiresome. I guess you guys have thicker skin than us.

Almost everyone I know on this board has thicker skin than the five of you, which is why I don't respond to anything you post unless it's directed at me. If you would do the same we wouldn't have any issues.

Koufax32fan
06-02-2014, 02:01 PM
I just received an email from HA saying that my order has been shipped. I paid via Pay Pal the day after the auction ended on May 18.

Runscott
06-02-2014, 02:33 PM
A forum member who works for Heritage is taking care of us. Some of those who didn't like the fact that I posted it might very well end up benefiting, so you're welcome.

phlflyer1
06-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Still waiting for notification that the T217 that I won and paid for the next day has been shipped but I know it will get here eventually so no worries here.

z28jd
06-02-2014, 08:41 PM
A forum member who works for Heritage is taking care of us. Some of those who didn't like the fact that I posted it might very well end up benefiting, so you're welcome.

Next time keep your trap shut, with that damn Georgia accent you have! Your brother was a better baseball player than you :)

I paid via paypal right when I got the invoice. I don't have my cards and haven't seen a shipment notice.

Runscott
06-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Next time keep your trap shut, with that damn Georgia accent you have! Your brother was a better baseball player than you :)

I paid via paypal right when I got the invoice. I don't have my cards and haven't seen a shipment notice.

It's a Texas accent. I had 3 times the desire to play baseball than anyone else in my family, and less than 1/3 of the talent.

earlywynnfan
06-03-2014, 06:00 AM
My payment didn't process until Weds (American Express keeps declining purchases for me in the name of "protection.") But I got my items Friday.

They did make me scratch my head, though. I won a ball in the big auction, then some more items in the Sunday night little auction. I called Monday to see if they could combine them, they said "sure." So they knocked some money off, and sent them in two boxes anyway!! Odd.

Hope you all get your stuff soon.

KS

perezfan
06-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Heritage shipped mine well before I even paid for the items. No complaints here :)

z28jd
06-03-2014, 08:45 AM
This was the first time I bid with them and won a fairly large item, at least in my world. I can guarantee that if there is a next time, I'll pay by paypal again, about a minute before their deadline. I think it's ridiculous to not at least send a shipping notice and now that so many people have had their stuff for awhile and paid later than me, it's even more annoying.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
I paid with paypal right after I got the bill and I'm still waiting for the Pony Express to arrive in NJ. I heard dysentery was running rampant on the Oregon Trail, so I'm willing to give them time.

+1

z28jd
06-03-2014, 05:05 PM
It shipped today! Thanks Scott, I take back what I said about your horrible accent and baseball ability :)

gnaz01
06-06-2014, 11:03 AM
It shipped today! Thanks Scott, I take back what I said about your horrible accent and baseball ability :)

How did you know it shipped today??? I paid on May 18th by eCheck and no tracking number, nothing!!! that is more than 7-14 days :(

Runscott
06-06-2014, 11:37 AM
How did you know it shipped today??? I paid on May 18th by eCheck and no tracking number, nothing!!! that is more than 7-14 days :(

Send an email to any contact you have at Heritage, but not the email that your invoice came with - that one is backlogged and a waste of time (I just got a response 2 days ago to an email I send on May 18). Send to a direct employee email. I would say to post in this thread, as it's being watched and action taken, but a direct email will be faster. Shipping will definitely send an email with tracking - the problem is getting the process started.

Kenny Cole
06-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Send an email to any contact you have at Heritage, but not the email that your invoice came with - that one is backlogged and a waste of time (I just got a response 2 days ago to an email I send on May 18). Send to a direct employee email. I would say to post in this thread, as it's being watched and action taken, but a direct email will be faster. Shipping will definitely send an email with tracking - the problem is getting the process started.

Yeah, I finally sent an email yesterday. Today I got a response telling me that my card had been "released" to shipping on 6/3 and that somewhere around 7 to 10 days after that, I'll get an email with a tracking number. I think that's ridiculous and also think it quite unlikely that I'll be bidding with them again.

oldjudge
06-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Not to minimize the shipping issues that some people have had, but I think the really amazing thing is how Chris, Peter and the boys have grown the sports portion of Heritage. The material they get is amazing and they are becoming a more and more significant contributor to the auction house. Kudos to Chris!

z28jd
06-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Not to minimize the shipping issues that some people have had, but I think the really amazing thing is how Chris, Peter and the boys have grown the sports portion of Heritage. The material they get is amazing and they are becoming a more and more significant contributor to the auction house. Kudos to Chris!

This sounds like those egg council guys have gotten to you too! - Homer Simpson

I'd say save the praise for a happier thread

To answer the question above, I got a shipping notice email right before I wrote that. Cards got here today

oldjudge
06-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Sometimes we get too negative. Heritage may very well be the largest sports auction house in the world. Chris built this from nothing and he deserves praise. The other point to consider is virtually all other sports auction houses just do sports stuff. Heritage continuously runs many different types of auctions, but I assume they only have one shipping department, albeit probably a pretty big one. So it is not just getting out our cards; it is sending out coins, art, wine, purses, fossils, etc.

Jay Wolt
06-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Sometimes we get too negative. Heritage may very well be the largest sports auction house in the world. Chris built this from nothing and he deserves praise. The other point to consider is virtually all other sports auction houses just do sports stuff. Heritage continuously runs many different types of auctions, but I assume they only have one shipping department, albeit probably a pretty big one. So it is not just getting out our cards; it is sending out coins, art, wine, purses, fossils, etc.
Heritage took in over $900 million last year, they are beyond huge!

gnaz01
06-06-2014, 03:46 PM
I emailed Peter C. And had a tracking number an hour later. I am thankful for that. The question is: why does it have to get to that point??

z28jd
06-06-2014, 03:55 PM

If they're having simple shipping and communication problems, then I'd say they got too big for their own good. Not sure that's worthy of praise. They obviously offer good stuff, which is good for us, but they might want to hire more people to help keep those sales up.

Runscott
06-06-2014, 04:01 PM

That's possible, but not in this case. Edited to add something positive: The customer service end is great, and the packing is second to none. Also, they have GREAT stuff, and I like the way they organize their catalogs and the online end is great as well. There have been AH's that I have had problems with in the past, and because of that, I now never even open their catalogs - those are cases of customer service issues, not shipping. Shipping is fixable.

Regarding the shipping: You could argue that if they have outgrown their shipping department's capabilities, they should hire more shipping people, or hire someone to look at the logistics involved and come up with a new plan for handling volume that perhaps they grew too fast to handle.

You could also argue that there should be efficiencies and economies of scale that result from being so large. I'm certain this is a fixable problem.

Kenny Cole
06-06-2014, 08:01 PM

So why should the buyer care about that? Their job is to ship the items the purchaser bought to the purchaser in a timely fashion, whether its cards, fossils, wine, or whatever. It doesn't matter how big they've grown or how wonderful their stuff is. I will get my stuff from Legendary, which closed quite a bit after the Heritage auction, before I get my stuff from Heritage. IMO that's a complete fail.