PDA

View Full Version : Boston - Fenway Park Memorabilia Shops

icollectDCsports
05-27-2014, 01:52 PM
Will be making my first trip to Fenway Park soon. Wondering if folks have any recommendations for memorabilia shops in the city, particularly near Fenway, that sell vintage Red Sox items such as pinback buttons, pennants, etc. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

6-4-3memorabilia
05-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Not too many shops around. Have to remember that Fenway is located right in the middle of the city. They have a clubhouse store that is pretty big that sells apparel and some autographed items. Nothing too interesting though. Lot of great places to eat including Jerry Remys place and there is a place a little further away called the Black Rose which is really good IMO. Just make sure you don't have tickets behind a pole at Fenway ;)

icollectDCsports
05-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Not too many shops around. Have to remember that Fenway is located right in the middle of the city. They have a clubhouse store that is pretty big that sells apparel and some autographed items. Nothing too interesting though. Lot of great places to eat including Jerry Remys place and there is a place a little further away called the Black Rose which is really good IMO. Just make sure you don't have tickets behind a pole at Fenway ;)

Thanks for the info.

aelefson
05-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Hi-
I agree that right near Fenway you will be hard pressed to find anything. However, on the Green Line, not far from the Museum of Science is the Cambridge antique mall (I forget the actual name). It has five floors, and there is usually some baseball memorabilia with one specific small room on the third floor (I think) devoted to it. The prices can be kind of high, but I have made a few small finds there over the years (mostly Red Sox programs and picture packs). I believe the shop is nearest to the Lechmere stop on the Green Line.
If you have a car, I would suggest Sportsworld which is up on route 1 in the Saugus area. It is about 10-20 minutes from Boston with no traffic. They have a good amount of pre 1970s stuff for a card shop, but most of what they deal in is newer autographs. I hope you have a good trip!

Alan

BradH
05-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Maybe it's not open anymore, but I've always enjoyed Kenmore Collectibles - about 7-8 blocks from Fenway. It's been two years since I was there, but here is a thread I posted at the time (June 2012). I bought a very nice T205 Mathewson at Kenmore and took it on the field and in the visitors dugout - 100 years after Matty had pitched in the World Series there.

Here's a link that thread (hopefully I've posted it correctly):

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152919&highlight=Fenway

jbsports33
05-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Kenmore Collectibles - should still be there, it was last summer

Jimmy

scooter729
05-29-2014, 11:38 AM
You can't buy memorabilia there, but McGreevey's bar on Boylston St. is an absolute MUST SEE for the memorabilia on the walls of the place.... It's a 10-15 minute walk from Fenway.

McGreevey's (http://www.mcgreevysboston.com/history.php)