PDA

View Full Version : Seriously. Can They Do Even The Smallest Amount Of Research Before Posting This???

btcarfagno
05-24-2014, 07:24 AM
http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/1948-Sam-Breadon-Testimonial-Dinner-Program-Signed-LOT31508.aspx

Wilbert Robinson signed this in 1948? Really?

Tom C

johnmh71
05-24-2014, 08:07 AM
Auction houses are getting sloppier than ever. It goes to show how much each individual needs to do their own research.

David Atkatz
05-24-2014, 10:57 AM
"Accompanied by an LOA from JSA."

sporteq
05-24-2014, 11:11 AM
WOW...that's just nuts!! Maybe its worth more bcuz he came back from the dead to sign it.

Albert

Klrdds
05-24-2014, 12:05 PM
That is inexcusable on both Grey Flannel's and JSA's part. I guess the next thing we will see are Ruth and Gehrig autos in blue sharpie that get authenticated .

JimStinson
05-24-2014, 01:27 PM
There does appear to be an authentic Jim Bottomley in the upper right. Wilbert Robinson ....lol.....What was that movie called ? The "6th Sense" everyone at that dinner must have been saying "I see dead people"

Vintage autographs for sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com

RichardSimon
05-24-2014, 03:02 PM
That is inexcusable on both Grey Flannel's and JSA's part. I guess the next thing we will see are Ruth and Gehrig autos in blue sharpie that get authenticated .

And we are surprised because ???

JimStinson
05-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Rich, the reason is that there is a difference between this and the other thing and you have to be able to tell them apart

stinsonsports.com

JimStinson
05-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Just drink the damn Kool Aid and stop asking questions !!!!

stinsonsports.com

shelly
05-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Just drink the damn Kool Aid and stop asking questions !!!!

stinsonsports.com

What is really funny is that most of the people on here die by them. It is a crime when they start to look like all the rest.:mad:

Runscott
05-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Rich, the reason is that there is a difference between this and the other thing and you have to be able to tell them apart

http://net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145784&stc=1&d=1400966111

stinsonsports.com

Wow, you must have a HUGE dog.

mschwade
05-24-2014, 06:27 PM

Please let me know if you see these! (Only Kidding) I have all the other Yankees that have had their numbers retired in blue sharpie on an index card except for Ruth, Gehrig, and Mantle. ;)

mschwade
05-24-2014, 06:29 PM
There does appear to be an authentic Jim Bottomley in the upper right.

Thank you! I thought it was a Bottomley, but didn't rotate it to make sure and I questioned it after I didn't read it in the description. Surely they would mention a $500+ sig in the highlights......

btcarfagno
05-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Thank you! I thought it was a Bottomley, but didn't rotate it to make sure and I questioned it after I didn't read it in the description. Surely they would mention a $500+ sig in the highlights......

They did. The dead guy.

Tom C

jgmp123
05-26-2014, 07:08 AM
I can't find it...did they pull it?

djson1
05-27-2014, 10:23 AM
It looks like they pulled it. I guess they do their research AFTER they post it. :rolleyes:

Runscott
05-27-2014, 11:10 AM
It looks like they pulled it. I guess they do their research AFTER they post it. :rolleyes:

If you are going to rely on LOAs, then you have to assume that the TPA did their research. The AH's that I have complained to about bad signatures simply go back to the TPA and the TPA ALWAYS sticks with their original opinion.

Do any of you collect things signed by dead guys, that came with an LOA? That would be an interesting collection.

JimStinson
05-27-2014, 06:22 PM
If you are going to rely on LOAs, then you have to assume that the TPA did their research. The AH's that I have complained to about bad signatures simply go back to the TPA and the TPA ALWAYS sticks with their original opinion.

Do any of you collect things signed by dead guys, that came with an LOA? That would be an interesting collection.

Its a convenient "out" as its a little difficult to explain the "cookie cutter" explanation of slat , formation etc after a guy has been DEAD for over ten years but ....there is another SCHOOLYARD HOWLER on there but you'll have to figure that one out for yourself , I don't bid or consign in auctions and have no dog in the fight. Good luck and best wishes in your collecting pursuits

Web site
stinsonsports.com

Runscott
05-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Its a convenient "out" as its a little difficult to explain the "cookie cutter" explanation of slat , formation etc after a guy has been DEAD for over ten years but ....there is another SCHOOLYARD HOWLER on there but you'll have to figure that one out for yourself , I don't bid or consign in auctions and have no dog in the fight. Good luck and best wishes in your collecting pursuits

Web site
stinsonsports.com

I think some of the forgers create these items just for laughs, or as contests between forgers to see who can get away with the most absurd piece.

JimStinson
05-27-2014, 07:42 PM
I think some of the forgers create these items just for laughs, or as contests between forgers to see who can get away with the most absurd piece.

WRONG ...they are creative for Money .....REAL money that is paid every single day
But ultimately who is responsible for the mistakes ???OH sorry opinions ....who is responsible for the opinions ? This board has saved people thousands if not more and will continue to do so if Leon likes it or not......:)

web site
Stinsonsports.com

Runscott
05-27-2014, 07:44 PM
WRONG ...they are creative for Money .....REAL money that is paid every single day
But ultimately who is responsible for the mistakes ???OH sorry opinions ....who is responsible for the opinions ? This board has saved people thousands if not more and will continue to do so if Leon likes it or not......:)

web site
Stinsonsports.com

Wishful thinking has crushed many a man.

jad22
06-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Seems like they pulled a Ruth/Gehrig ball from the auction as well.

JimStinson
06-20-2014, 01:00 PM
Seems like they pulled a Ruth/Gehrig ball from the auction as well.

Yes , it too was manufactured long after both Ruth & Gehrig had died it was a "replica" ball that is the Bad news the Good news is that it came with two COA's
You can't have everything :)

Vintage Genuine autographs For sale Daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com

jad22
06-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Yes , it too was manufactured long after both Ruth & Gehrig had died it was a "replica" ball that is the Bad news the Good news is that it came with two COA's
You can't have everything :)

Vintage Genuine autographs For sale Daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com

I am starting to equate the COA's from those guys to what the "guarantee on the box" was in Tommy Boy.