PDA

View Full Version : Exhibit Card Gurus, This One Has Me Stumped

Exhibitman
05-22-2014, 12:33 PM
I picked this up recently. The image itself measures slightly larger than a regular card and then there is the wide border around it, so overall it is half an inch taller and wider than a regular issue exhibit card. From what I know about sheets, there were never gutters this wide between Salutations cards; the sheets I've seen have virtually no space between the cards. Definitely a 1st generation print. The stock is also definitely exhibit stock. Unlike the Mays I picked up last year, this is printed on full thickness stock. It is the Holmes variation where the Made in USA is across his foot rather than under it.

Anyone got any ideas?

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/interestingexhibitcards/websize/Salutation%20Exhibit%20Holmes%20oddball%20card.jpg

Leon
05-22-2014, 12:57 PM
The first thing I think of is a test run...

and it reminds me of this one a little bit....

sb1
05-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Or Salesman Sample??

bigfanNY
05-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Maybe cut from display sheet on front of Exhibit vending machine?

smtjoy
05-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Nice pickup Adam, I would think some kind of display item, mainly because of the size as its sounds too big to have been printed for use in a machine even if it was cut down on just the card.

I do have one of the 47-66 paper sheets used for displays that has a larger than normal border but its not on normal stock like yours.

ullmandds
05-22-2014, 01:26 PM
nice oddball.