PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Sean Skeffington - UPDATE - Suggested T205 Power Ratings for SGC

Matt E.
05-21-2014, 09:45 PM
SGC,

Please click the link below and then click on the spreadsheet to open the PDF file.

http://www.imageevent.com/babybingbaseball

Honestly some of your power rating just don't make sense. If your going to overhaul the web page kindly consider revamping the T205's with correct and up to date ratings.

There are many that are off or way off. Examples: W. A Latham, Wallace One Line, you have some commons tougher than short prints etc...
Some ratings should go up and others decrease.

OTHER T205 COLLECTORS PLEASE COMMENT

Thanks,

Matt E.

Wite3
05-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Matt,

Looked through your list quickly and I agree...they botched it badly...I agree with nearly everything you said on your power rankings except one...Walsh is far tougher than people think...I would keep that a 4. Everything else looks good at a glance.

Joshua

Matt E.
05-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Thank you Joshua.

Noted. I'll make the change.

Thanks,

Matt E.

nebboy
05-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Love the list changes spot on.

My closest thing to a change would be -
Irvin K. Wilhelm (Suffe ed In Bio) would be a 4.
Fill its in line with the other 4s in set

Tcards-Please
05-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Matt,

I completely agree with your post. I'm not sure how they come to those ratings, but they definitely need to readress those ratings.

Your list of proposed Power Ratings are right on. I do agree with Joshua and John about the Walsh and Wilhelm. I tried to get SGC to change the Hoblitzell and Wilhelm for years with no such luck.

Hopefully SGC will listen to the more knowledgable collectors on the subject and correct the Power Ratings especially if enough of us bring it up.

r/
Frank

obcmac
05-22-2014, 12:07 PM
I also think Matt's list is a great improvement.

For the sake of discussion, I would offer the following changes for discussion:
Joss: think it should be a 6
Gray with stats: think it should be a 6
Wallace no cap (2 lines): should be a 5 (like the other HOF pose variations Bres and collins)
Wilhelm...no problem with the "suffered" being moved to 10, for the "suffe ed" verision, I'd say at least a 5...might be a result of hoarding, but I think I've seen 5 of each of the other SP's for each Wilhelm I've come across.

Agree with the other comments on Walsh being a 4.

Mac

Baseball Rarities
05-22-2014, 01:00 PM
I also think Matt's list is very accurate. Great job.

I only have a couple suggestions:

I would make would be to keep Matty at the same level as Johnson and Young ("5"). His card may not be as difficult as those two, but it is a very high demand card that sells for the about the same. It is certainly much more in demand than Speaker, which is a "4."

I would also put Evers in the "4" category. He sure seems to be more difficult and more in demand than the other lesser "3" HOFers.

Matt E.
05-22-2014, 03:01 PM
I have to be honest and mention I made the post.... but the "brains" behind detailing the power ratings came from Turner. It was a father / son late night with a couple beers talking T205's like old times. But he was clearly driving the T205 bus.

Sean Skeffington please take note and help the set that gets no respect.

The teacher has become the student. Speaking of the former student, (Turner), he has graduated Ohio University in 4 years (yea) and has a job starting Monday, June 9.Yea!!!!

I am sure his new boss will let him off for National 45 days later. Maybe...Life is funny sometimes.

Thanks,

Matt E.

Republicaninmass
05-22-2014, 03:34 PM
I'd agree with all the above posts

echoing the Gray with stats up to a 6

Matty Cycle is pretty tough, seen about as many suffered, but matty sells for a bit more

PM770
05-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Congrats to your son, Matt.

smtjoy
05-22-2014, 11:28 PM
I bet if a couple T205 collectors with registered sets were to call Sean, I'm sure they would consider changing it. They changed some of the exhibits power ratings when a couple of us called in a few years ago.

yanks4
05-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Matt, That is one nice kid you brought up.....I bet you are beaming and you should be very proud. Way to go Turner...It is great that you guys continue to share your interest in t205's. Is it your plan to keep up grading for years to come? ......You guys have certainly acquired a ton of knowledge on that set.

oldphil
05-24-2014, 06:08 AM
As a T205 collector I would also like to thank Matt and Turner for all their contributions associated with the beautiful T205 set. Keep up the good work guys and hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday weekend.

tedzan
05-24-2014, 07:00 AM
A really fabulous T205 site....thanks for all your time and effort in this project.

Looking forward to seeing you in Cleveland this Summer.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt113/zanted86/T205scanlsweenvaughn75x.jpg

TED Z

AddieJoss
05-24-2014, 09:20 AM
I think the Evers is tougher than an average HOF and should be higher than a 3.
Ed Walsh is also tough and should be a 4.
And gray with stats should be higher as it is very tough.

Nice list though.

Leon
05-24-2014, 09:32 AM
I bet if a couple T205 collectors with registered sets were to call Sean, I'm sure they would consider changing it. They changed some of the exhibits power ratings when a couple of us called in a few years ago.

I am sure Sean and team will take care of it in due time. They always have (from what I have seen). I have always loved the artistic and aesthetically pleasing T205s. As with very pretty women (inside and out) there are none that are better than others, they are only different.......One of my faves..

http://luckeycards.com/pt205cobby80sgc.jpg

Matt E.
05-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Nice card Leon, Did you buy that raw?

Last call for adjustments to the T205 Power Ratings before I send it over to SGC. I think as a group we have determined realistic power ratings going forward immediately.

A big thanks to everyone who contributed. It just goes to show the vast T205 knowledge on this board.

Please click the link below to view the changes.

Matt

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/822/9qzk.png (https://imageshack.com/i/mu9qzkp)

Leon
05-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Nice card Leon, Did you buy that raw?

Last call for adjustments to the T205 Power Ratings before I send it over to SGC. I think as a group we have determined realistic power ratings going forward immediately.

A big thanks to everyone who contributed. It just goes to show the vast T205 knowledge on this board.

Please click the link below to view the changes.

Matt

I got it from Bryan Dec at at the first Oaks Show (RIP) I set up at. I think that was the one I stayed with Teddy Z at. Bryan said he got it graded at that show. I think he might have gotten it outside of the hobby. It was in a 70 holder and I got it bumped to an 80. I am very biased but it looks better than a few 7s I have seen. It is one of the most classic and best looking cards of all time, imo.

ps...yours is rather sweet too!!

Matt E.
07-02-2014, 12:48 PM
A big thanks to Sean Skeffington for updating the T205 Master Set Registry power ratings to their correct difficulty.

Another thanks to those passionate "05 collectors" who posted and helped shape the new ratings.

Ted Sherman
Joshua Levine
Cory
John Hanssen
Frank Jennings
Mac Wuben
Kevin S.

Hope to see everyone at National.

Matt E.

Jason
07-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Congrats on getting that all worked out. I wish they would do something like that for the T210 set Power Ratings. But I understand 640 cards is a bigger undertaking and a little harder to gauge.