PDA

View Full Version : Oversized Press photo

daves_resale_shop
05-21-2014, 02:50 PM
So I got a pretty cool press photo in the mail today, and was pretty surprised by its size (nearly 10"x12") first one I have ever come across in the size... reverse has a date stamp and some writing, but tis this something I should be concerned with or just an oversized piece???

Thanks,
Dave

D. Bergin
05-21-2014, 02:56 PM
They did make them over-sized on occasion, yes.

thecatspajamas
05-21-2014, 02:57 PM
The size by itself is unusual, but not unheard of. Whether any concern is due would depend on a lot of factors, but would have to have more info (i.e. front/back scans or clear photos) to give any meaningful advice.

daves_resale_shop
05-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys... I have attached photos of the photo... It's dated april 30th, 1952 905 pm and has the following written on the reverse "Ted Williams on his day" & "Gene Dixon Photo"

The game played that day was dubbed "Williams day" as he was off to Korea the very next day... he went out with a bang winning the game with a 2 run homer off of Dizzy Trout... I have seen other photos from this speech, but not this one which I though was pretty cool... Condition is pretty rough with cracking and creases throughout...