vintagetoppsguy
05-21-2014, 08:43 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/21/technology/security/ebay-passwords/index.html

Stonepony
05-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Done. Thanks

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Thanks for posting this information. Looks like it is now on the CNN home page.

05-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Done. Thanks for posting this David.

I would strongly suggest using LastPass (https://lastpass.com/), a secure password manager tool that allows you to only remember one password. You can then use LastPass to generate a different maximum-length junk password for every site that you use.

brob28
05-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the heads-up David, probably makes sense to change your Paypal password as well.

ZachS
05-21-2014, 01:28 PM
My password was my old phone number from around 2004 and I haven't changed it since then... guess it was about time for an upgrade.

Funny there's no mention of this on eBay anywhere and I wasn't prompted to change my pw when I logged in.

Lgarza99
05-21-2014, 02:53 PM
David,

Thank you for the heads up. Done!

Buythatcard
05-21-2014, 04:59 PM
ebay has finally contacted their customers about the security breach. If you try to log into eBay, you will be forced to change your password. But because of the high volume of users changing their passwords, you will be asked to come back later. So, this means you will not be able to use your account until you change your password.
I've been locked out for the past 30 minutes. :eek:

This is what you will see when you try and change your password.

Page not available
Ebay is asking its users to reset their passwords due to the unauthorized access to our corporate information network. This may result in a delay of service due to the high traffic volume. We ask for your patience and that you return to eBay soon. In the meantime, please be assured that no activity can occur on your account until your password is reset.

yanks12025
05-21-2014, 05:20 PM
ebay has finally contacted their customers about the security breach. If you try to log into eBay, you will be forced to change your password. But because of the high volume of users changing their passwords, you will be asked to come back later. So, this means you will not be able to use your account until you change your password.
I've been locked out for the past 30 minutes. :eek:

This is what you will see when you try and change your password.

Page not available
Ebay is asking its users to reset their passwords due to the unauthorized access to our corporate information network. This may result in a delay of service due to the high traffic volume. We ask for your patience and that you return to eBay soon. In the meantime, please be assured that no activity can occur on your account until your password is reset.

Same here and I'm sure its hurting people that have items selling at this time.

whiteymet
05-21-2014, 05:35 PM
I have not received my over 150 saved searches emails from ebay today. Has anyone else had this problem?

Wonder if it has to do with the security breach?

I received no email about changing my password, nor confirmation for a listing I made this morning either.

Strange

Blackie
05-21-2014, 05:36 PM
just changed it..........thanks David!

yanks12025
05-21-2014, 05:39 PM
I have not received my over 150 saved searches emails from ebay today. Has anyone else had this problem?

Wonder if it has to do with the security breach?

I received no email about changing my password, nor confirmation for a listing I made this morning either.

Strange

I've been trying to change my girlfriends password for her and it has yet to send the email telling her how to change it. And I've been sending the confirmation for the past 30 minutes and now it locked us out for 24 hours.

Buythatcard
05-21-2014, 05:40 PM
They are not sending emails. You will be notified when you try to login into eBay.

yanks12025
05-21-2014, 05:56 PM
nevermind

rjackson44
05-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Done thanks david:)

Vintagecatcher
05-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would have been nice if eBay would have notified their customers. They are complete idiots as usual.

Patrick

pclpads
05-23-2014, 02:36 PM
After some back-and-forth em's, finally got a new PW. But, eBay being eBay, they also arbitrarily assigned a new user ID which I didn't request or want. The problem is with the new user ID, all my old FB is history / gone and I'm now at 0 FB with their new user ID. Trying to contact these morons to fix their screw-up is impossible. Anybody else have this problem or suggestions how to correct it? Thanks for any insight . . . :mad: