PDA

View Full Version : Another E121-80 Question

VoodooChild
05-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Hello. I purchased a couple of E121-80's with the Type 3 back last night (Kerr and Schupp). After taking a closer look, I noticed something "off" with the Schupp. The printing on the back seems smaller than the Kerr and the other Type 3's that I have in my collection. I did a little research and it looks like the back of the Schupp is actually an E122 back. Does anybody concur with my observation? Has anybody else noticed that they have an E121-80 front with an E122 back? Here's some pictures of the Kerr and Schupp. I'm also posting an E122 Gowdy (not mine) for reference. The differences are minor, but the Schupp back is definitely different than the Kerr and matches the E122 back of the Gowdy. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated as the E121-80 set continues to baffle me! Thanks.

old-baseball
05-19-2014, 07:19 PM
The Schupp card is actually from the E122 set. It has been incorrectly identified by PSA. I believe it's the only card from the E122 set that does not have the name in the gray box at the bottom. The Kerr card is great pick-up. The Type 3 reverses are tough.

VoodooChild
05-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks for replying Kevin. Crap, I was afraid of that. The more I looked at the front of the Schupp, the more it seemed "off" too. Oh well, I don't own an E122 so I guess I'll just at it to my type collection rather than my E121-80 set. Thanks again.