PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT: 5 Days to Pay Invoice???

gnaz01
05-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Won an item in Heritage's Friday auction, received invoice about an hour ago on 5/18/2014, and it is due on 5/22/2014???

What's up with that?? Not a problem for me to pay, I assure you, but 5 days???

With the disclaimer of: "Note: 3% Late Fee will be added to any invoice paid after the due date, plus accrued interest from the due date to the date paid."

Just wondering if anyone else thinks that is odd.

Greg

z28jd
05-18-2014, 12:44 PM
I thought that was odd too, but I paid by paypal and got it over with already.

gnaz01
05-18-2014, 12:53 PM
I thought that was odd too, but I paid by paypal and got it over with already.

Me too, just odd.

rajah424
05-18-2014, 01:02 PM
I won a few lots and got my invoice this morning and saw the $504 tax that had been included. Guess i should have read the tax information first since i recently moved to California.

conor912
05-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I won a few lots and got my invoice this morning and saw the $504 tax that had been included. Guess i should have read the tax information first since i recently moved to California.

ouch

Runscott
05-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Graig, there are constantly software problems with all auction houses. Heritage would never hold you to something like that. They bend over backward to make their customers happy.

1880nonsports
05-18-2014, 03:04 PM
AND I was painfully reminded that there's a 2500. cap on using alternative sources for payment - I "won" two lots and exceeded the limit. Greg as I understand from your post above you have plenty of money so maybe um ah.....?

z28jd
05-18-2014, 03:06 PM

I had that happen with an auction house I didn't know was in NJ. I wasn't figuring in tax and got a nice surprise with the invoice. Nothing like you got, but was still over $100 and unexpected

petecld
05-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Greg,

Sorry. That is a mistake and we are working on getting out new invoices. Our standard due date is 10 business days.

No one will be charged 3% after 5 days.

Peter

gnaz01
05-18-2014, 03:25 PM
Greg,

Sorry. That is a mistake and we are working on getting out new invoices. Our standard due date is 10 business days.

No one will be charged 3% after 5 days.

Peter

No worries, Peter, just thought it was odd and maybe missed it in the fine print somewhere.

Many thanks for the clarification.

Greg

gnaz01
05-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Greg as I understand from your post above you have plenty of money so maybe um ah.....?

LOL Henry. I only wish........ :)

rajah424
05-18-2014, 04:01 PM
I had that happen with an auction house I didn't know was in NJ. I wasn't figuring in tax and got a nice surprise with the invoice. Nothing like you got, but was still over $100 and unexpected

I guess i should see what other AH's are in California.

I was planning to use that $500 to pay a 1/6 of my rent on my 1 BR apartment.

CamaroCPA
05-18-2014, 04:28 PM

Obviously you guys would have reported these purchases on your state income tax return had these sellers not collected the tax, correct? :D

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Obviously you guys would have reported these purchases on your state income tax return had these sellers not collected the tax, correct? :D

In a similar note, your state will refund you a portion of your registration taxes on your vehicle if you move to a new state and request it (in theory anyway).

Sent using Tapatalk

Sean
05-19-2014, 12:40 AM

On the website it only says that "Texas residents are subject to sales tax." Are you telling us that we're also subject to sales tax in California now?

I bought my T206 Eddie Plank from Heritage back in 2006. I hate to think how much tax I could have ended up paying. :eek:

DaveW
05-19-2014, 08:39 AM
Welcome to California! How did you get a 1BR apartment for only $3k/mo? You must know somebody.

I guess i should see what other AH's are in California.

I was planning to use that $500 to pay a 1/6 of my rent on my 1 BR apartment.

Leon
05-19-2014, 09:15 AM
On the website it only says that "Texas residents are subject to sales tax." Are you telling us that we're also subject to sales tax in California now?

I bought my T206 Eddie Plank from Heritage back in 2006. I hate to think how much tax I could have ended up paying. :eek:

Heritage now has opened offices in other states and those customers in those states will be subject to tax. I am not a tax lawyer or accounting person, but that is probably the reason there might be taxes now and not a few years ago. There could still be usage tax but that sales tax is probably explained by a brick and mortar location within the state.