PDA

View Full Version : Card Collectors' Company Jan. 15, 1968

Leon
05-18-2014, 11:00 AM
While most of the small, 10 page (front and back) catalog was devoted to newer issues there was the one ad from the Old Card Department which offered a few good deals by today's standards. I also enjoyed the "look up fee" on the back cover ordering instructions. Wags was exorbitantly estimated at $250...the nerve!!

http://luckeycards.com/cardcollector1.jpg
http://luckeycards.com/cardcollector2.jpg
http://luckeycards.com/cardcollector3.jpg

barrysloate
05-18-2014, 11:24 AM
I actually like that file cabinet for storing cards.

Leon
05-18-2014, 11:25 AM
I actually like that file cabinet for storing cards.

reminds me of Dewey decimal library filing cabinets :)

barrysloate
05-18-2014, 11:26 AM
At least it lets you store raw cards in an easily accessible manner. I would love to keep a card collection that way.

oaks1912
05-18-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm more interested in the '54 Topps Koufax cards. Gimme a dozen or two....

Jerry G
05-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Think Hank Aaron was underated by collectors? He didn't even rate a premium price after 14 or 15 years in the bigs. Premium cards are listed as "Very rare", but that obviously, in this case means high demand.

The 1910 B.B. Card Checklist that they refer to is the Richard Eagan publication. That's where got mine.

I always dreamed of having that file cabinet filled with cards. I substituted a
home made desk drawer with cardboard dividers.

Griffins
05-18-2014, 12:40 PM
I ordered that file cabinet from them about '73. Worked well but did ding the corners a bit if you moved it around too much. Not that anyone really cared about that much back then, except maybe Jim Nowell......

bender07
05-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Think Hank Aaron was underated by collectors? He didn't even rate a premium price after 14 or 15 years in the bigs. Premium cards are listed as "Very rare", but that obviously, in this case means high demand.

The 1910 B.B. Card Checklist that they refer to is the Richard Eagan publication. That's where got mine.

I always dreamed of having that file cabinet filled with cards. I substituted a
home made desk drawer with cardboard dividers.

I found it interesting that Feller was considered premium. He truly was one of the greats.

bobw
05-18-2014, 01:43 PM
I think I have one of those drawers...but just one drawer...... I got it from Renata Galasso many years ago when I bought a lot of cards from her and she gave me the drawer to carry the cards home.

tschock
05-20-2014, 02:35 PM
While most of the small, 10 page (front and back) catalog was devoted to newer issues there was the one ad from the Old Card Department which offered a few good deals by today's standards. I also enjoyed the "look up fee" on the back cover ordering instructions. Wags was exorbitantly estimated at $250...the nerve!!

I like your prices a little better, but either will do for me. :D
This from a 1968 Hobby Card Collectors Catalogue (Bruce Yeko).