05-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Pop? Thanks.

jefferyepayne
05-17-2014, 07:30 PM
At first glance, I think it is.

jeff

Publius
05-22-2014, 08:28 AM
I don't think so. Pop is one of the most evil looking men, scowl and piercing eyes.

This guy looks to, well nice

Myachelydra
05-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Tough to tell but my first impression was no.

andybecker
05-26-2014, 08:51 AM
I don't think so either, but if you show the whole piece it might provide some insight.

here is a younger Pop.....

Publius
05-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Is that your Cabinet Becker, you F'er! :)

And the master collector gets master-er

bbpostcards
05-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Here's the full postcard. The captions read, "Sioux Indians Football Team, Howell, Regina." Regina refers to Canada (the postcard bears a July 1909 postmark and was sent from Regina, Saskatchewan to Olathe, Kansas). Howell is presumably the photographer.

A note on the reverse reads, "we can beat KU or Haskell" (presumably referring to Kansas University and Haskell Institute Indian school).

Was it a team that traveled to Regina from the United States? A Canadian team? And what sport was it? There are too few players for a soccer or American football team. Ideas?

(For more, visit http://www.sportingoregon.com (http://www.sportingoregon.com)

Myachelydra
05-29-2014, 04:29 AM
The postmark makes sense...Canadian football uniforms.

Warner was pretty firmly entrenched as Carlisle's head coach and AD in 1909.

Il Padrino
05-31-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't think so either, but if you show the whole piece it might provide some insight.

here is a younger Pop.....

I was the underbidder on that one. Ugh!!!!!

andybecker
06-01-2014, 12:49 PM
thanks for posting the full image. I still don't think it's Pop, but I'm less sure seeing the subject with an Indian team. further research is needed.

Hi Joe and Dan.....

I did not see this when it first sold, but I did trade the owner that outbid Dan.

Il Padrino
06-02-2014, 01:57 PM
thanks for posting the full image. I still don't think it's Pop, but I'm less sure seeing the subject with an Indian team. further research is needed.

Hi Joe and Dan.....

I did not see this when it first sold, but I did trade the owner that outbid Dan.

Hey Andy! So you have Pop now? Congrats! I stared at that item at least 1,000 times when it was up for auction to lose out by "that much".