PDA

View Full Version : My whole collection gone

Pages : [1] 2

JoeyF1981
05-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Most of you dont know me but ive been a member on here for awhile. This afternoon my house was robbed while i was away at the gym and almost all of my collection was stolen along with my watches, some clothes, tv and mini safe. I feel hopeless because ive spent countless hours building my collection to have it quickly taken away from me by some piece of sh*t thief. Most of the items were sentimental and my photos were my passion. I dont know how they knew my photos had any value but they didnt hesitate to take those either. I love this forum and have gotten so much help from you guys which is why im sharing this news. I dont know where to start now

bender07
05-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Awful news. Any chance you may 'know' the thief? He knew you were gone during the day and grabbed a bunch of your collection. Maybe some recent work done at your house by contractors?

JoeyF1981
05-14-2014, 04:41 PM
I didnt even think about that..yes weve had tons of people in and out working on the house. But no way of knowing

bender07
05-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Only reason I thought of it is since it happened to my parents years ago. Cases the joint and pinpointed what to take. Obviously reach out to the police and let them know you've had contractors in. So sorry to hear this.

JoeyF1981
05-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Only reason I thought of it is since it happened to my parents years ago. Cases the joint and pinpointed what to take. Obviously reach out to the police and let them know you've had contractors in. So sorry to hear this.

Thanks man..i appreciate it

bigfanNY
05-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Please post any info you have on items or better yet pics so that if they show up quick folks will know they are stolen. Best advise for getting stuff back is to quickly take a list to every local pawn shop so they know not to buy and plead with a local cop to help you (they often know who local burglars are but cannot catch) good luck.
J

Section103
05-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Sorry about your loss. I wouldn't hesitate to visit all of the local pawn shops and card shops (if there are any) with information on your losses. Keep an eye on Craigslist or any cheap "For Sale" outlets.

Klrdds
05-14-2014, 04:54 PM
My sympathies to you, by any chance have you checked with your insurance company to see it you have any coverage. I know this can't replace what is gone but it might help you begin to rebuild your collection and aide the police if things are recovered.
If you have an inventory and photos I would provide them to the police , your insurance company , people on this site, local card and pawn shops, and maybe place an ad with reward in your newspaper. I have even seen people on the news discussing the theft of items to " get the word out ".
Good Luck

edjs
05-14-2014, 04:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't know what I would do if this happened to me, I hope the police can catch the SOB that did this to you, and salvage what they can for you. The above poster is right, it was probably someone that knew what you had and knew what to go for. Did you show any of the contractors your collection, did any of them show an unusual interest in what your collection was valued at? If you think about who could have done it, you will probably realize who it was. Trust your instincts, and share your thoughts with the police. I know a lot of police officers, and they really don't like scum-bags stealing from honest citizens. God bless.

glchen
05-14-2014, 04:59 PM
That's horrible to hear. Hopefully you've already reported this to the police and insurance. You also might trying posting some of the photos here, so that if board members see them on ebay or auction houses, they can let you know. Take care.

vintagetoppsguy
05-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Any chance you may 'know' the thief?

Most home burglaries are committed by someone the victim knows. My condo was burglarized about 12 years ago. I had a strong feeling it was the guy that lived three doors down. Sure enough, exactly 10 days later he was picked up on a DWI with one of my stolen guns in his possession. While he was in jail, I kicked in his door and got the rest of my stuff back.

Joey, sorry to hear about your loss. There is a very strong chance it was somebody you know or has been in the house recently. Good luck!

Scott Garner
05-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Geez Joey, my heart really goes out to you. :(
Good luck in hopefully getting your stuff back.

JoeyF1981
05-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Thank you guys for the kind words..i have contacted the police and am hoping for thebbest but know its a long shot. We had alot of contractors in and out since our house were renting went to sh*t. i have some of my items out displayed on my shelf so im sure some of them have seen then them. The only things the thief didnt take was my kreindler 5x7 joe jackson painting which i might have to part with to raise some money, my paintings and a few photos.

yanks12025
05-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear Joey.. Hopefully you'll get your stuff back soon.

slidekellyslide
05-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Check with the local antique shops as well...I had a woman sell me some Barbie dolls last Summer that turned out to be stolen from her sister. I get a lot of shady looking characters coming in weekly to try and sell me stuff.

JoeyF1981
05-14-2014, 06:01 PM
I mostly just had photos and a few autos. I dont know of any card stores around here who deal in vintage photos so its going to be real difficult. Ill keep checking craigslist but its harder these days to track things down. Hopefully the piece of sh*t slips so I can recover my stuff. My whole collection of babe ruth photos is gone which was the most important to me. This is a huge blow

sforaker
05-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Joey:

So sorry to hear of your loss. You might want to consider notifying the likely potential outlets for the pictures (auction houses and dealers) and, if possible, send them photos so they will know what to look for if approached by someone trying to sell them. You might also want to consider notifying the hobby media outlets in order to help get the word out.

Best wishes quickly recovering your photos and other stolen goods.

Scott

billyb
05-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Joey,
Make a complete list of your stolen items, describe the photos and watches the very best you can, any engravings. If your photos had any particular damage marks, anything that would separate your photo with a similar one. That goes on the list also. Make copies, the police will need a copy. Insurance company also needs a copy.
Call all pawn shops asap, and sport shops, in your area.
90 percent of the time, it is someone nearby, that knows your routine, or someone you know.
Time is a factor.
I have been in law enforcement for over 40 years, please give as detailed a descriptions as you can.
When they enter your stole items in the computers, these details or marks, corners missing, anything, will stand out. It is almost as good as a serial number.

Bill

daves_resale_shop
05-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Thieves absolutely suck... When I was 10 my house got robbed... Do you have photos that you can post so fellow forum members can be on the lookout? I have been there and realize its a very helpless feeling, but keep your head up and pray for the best... Unique items are not easy to move... And eventually the guy will get caught..

JoeyF1981
05-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Joey,
Make a complete list of your stolen items, describe the photos and watches the very best you can, any engravings. If your photos had any particular damage marks, anything that would separate your photo with a similar one. That goes on the list also. Make copies, the police will need a copy. Insurance company also needs a copy.
Call all pawn shops asap, and sport shops, in your area.
90 percent of the time, it is someone nearby, that knows your routine, or someone you know.
Time is a factor.
I have been in law enforcement for over 40 years, please give as detailed a descriptions as you can.
When they enter your stole items in the computers, these details or marks, corners missing, anything, will stand out. It is almost as good as a serial number.

Bill

Thanks bill...the thing that sucks is I only have scans of a few of my photos. I had 5 albums full of vintage photos so its going to be difficult. But like you said Ill just give them as much info as i know and see what happens. Hoping for the best.

JoeyF1981
05-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Ill post whatever pics I have in a little while of some of things that were taken. really appreciate the support guys

billyb
05-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Joey,

You posted many of your photos here on Net54, check your past attachments.

Bill

Scott Garner
05-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Joey,

You posted many of your photos here on Net54, check your past attachments.

Bill

Correct! There are your scans...

gregr2
05-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Really sorry to hear this. Best of luck in recovering your items and I hope they catch the crooks.

ksfarmboy
05-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Terrible news. Sorry to hear about this. Hope they catch them quickly and you get your items back.

drcy
05-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Good news is there are limited places you can get fair money for vintage Ruth and baseball photos, so I bet you'll see them sooner or later. Get the word out to local antique stores, pawn shops and shows, the next baseball card show, and watch the online auctions. Original Ruth photos of course have good value and they're common knowledge on this board, but they're esoteric and obscure items most everywhere else and only a small number of folks will pay fair rate for them.

You can sell gold coins and diamond rings anywhere, but not many people will pay more than a few dollars for a musty small photo of a baseball player, even it it would sell for $1,000 at major auction.

And very few people outside the hobby (and not many in the hobby) will have any idea how to tell if a Ruth photo is original or cheap reprint, only further limiting the number of buyers and selling avenues.

GrayGhost
05-14-2014, 07:14 PM
I hope u do too soon. I lost a ton of stuff a few years back in a car break in. Stinks. Good luck and yes, watch Pawn shops and CL . Nail the SOB

yanksfan09
05-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Very sorry to here this. I can't even imagine how bad that would feel. My sympathies...

Hope you can catch them. Search ebay and craiglist and local shops and if any card shows coming to your area soon.... alert as many people as you can to keep a lookout.

parker1b2
05-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear about this, can't even imagine how your feelin. Where do you live, or area where you live? Maybe some members can keep an eye out or know some of the local shops and stores.

71buc
05-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Wow I am so sorry to hear that. As you know we are neighbors. I would recommend you call Don at Sportscards NW in University place. Another dealer told me that Don helped establish a network with all of the bigger dealers in the NW. When one of their stores loses items to theft they send a email description or photo of the stolen items to every member of the network. Whenever one of the members has a seller walk into the store they check for the stolen item. Its kind of (pardon the analogy) an Amber Alert for memorabilia and cards. I do know that there have been arrests made through this network. Don is a great guy and I'm sure he would help you out.

http://www.nw-sportscards.com/

perezfan
05-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Gosh, I hate hearing this. Please let us know what we can do to help.

If you have saved pictures of the key stolen items, perhaps consider starting a new thread containing those images. If anything surfaces, maybe we can nail these creeps.

Very sorry about this!

JoeyF1981
05-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Gosh, I hate hearing this. Please let us know what we can do to help.

If you have saved pictures of the key stolen items, perhaps consider starting a new thread containing those images. If anything surfaces, maybe we can nail these creeps.

Very sorry about this!

thanks alot man...I really appreciate it. Honestly its just cool having you guys' support. Im at work now so ill post some pics tomorrow when i get a chance.

Lordstan
05-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Joey,
This is just terrible. I think everyone has the right idea. Get the word out to everyone as fast as you can. Hopefully the guy will get caught real soon. Just glad that no one was hurt.
Best,
Mark

sporteq
05-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Sorry man!! What did the cops say.. You did report this right?

Albert

CW
05-14-2014, 09:03 PM
So sorry to hear this, Joey.

I've been robbed before and I can empathize and know that losing the stuff is one thing, but it's more about feeling violated. Stay cool, man -- it's just stuff. Good luck.

gnaz01
05-15-2014, 03:31 AM
Also keep an eye on eBay to see if anyone tries to fence stuff there.

the 'stache
05-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Joey, this really sucks. I feel awful after reading this. I'm so sorry this happened. I hope the guy that stole your collection gets hit by a bus.

Did you have insurance on any of your collectibles? If you didn't have a specific policy covering your collection, contact your home owners insurance provider, and see if they provide any coverage.

I'm not real familiar with your collection. How many of your cards are graded? Make up a list of your graded cards, and their serial numbers. From that list, as has been suggested, contact local pawnshops and dealers with pictures you might have. Watch Ebay, auction houses, Craig's List, etc. If you see any of you cards (ones with matched serial #s), contact whomever is hosting the auction/sale, and let them know that your stolen property is listed. You might be asked to provide proof. Once that's done, you shouldn't have any difficulty getting the info for the person selling your cards. Then, you can get the local authorities involved.

If you provide any info you have about your cards, post it here. I for one will keep my eyes peeled, and if I see anything of yours, I'll let you know what I saw, and where I saw it.

This idiot is going to make a mistake.

nolemmings
05-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Very sorry to hear this. It happened to me, and more than once. There's some good advice given here, and it does work. Don't know where you live, but I'm in Phoenix, and would have thought it impossible to ever recover my cards in a city this size. I was greatly impressed with Phoenix PD, who recovered almost all of the cards stolen in my second burglary and was entirely professional throughout the whole ordeal. Same for Flagstaff--two hours north--when I contacted the local sheriff's dept after seeing one of my cards being auctioned on ebay, they sent a deputy out and I had my card back in less than a week. I'm also forever grateful to Marty.Pritchard (allmartys stuff) for noticing my cards (from first burglary) being offered by a walk-in at a show and agreeing to buy them (insufficient security to do much else)--I of course had to pay to get them back but at least they were found.

My point is get the word out and trust law enforcement--even though they have more pressing concerns they will take the matter seriously.

ooo-ribay
05-15-2014, 09:49 AM
I feel bad for you, Joey. Losing my collection would be a big monetary blow but I think the psychological would be worse.

I have nothing to add to what's already been advised. Good luck!

ethicsprof
05-15-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm so sorry that this has happened to you.
Many are already giving their support to you and many will follow.
wishing you all the best with this,
barry

Runscott
05-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Joey, PM me if you are interested in my offer; otherwise I'll assume not.

vintagesportflips
05-15-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about the theft of your collection. That really stinks.
If it were me, I would gather the email addresses of every estate auction company, antique shop, card shop in a 20 mile or so radius around your house, and send them a group email detailing what was stolen with your contact info. Also, this is a longshot, but it might be worth posting on your local craigslist: Collector paying top dollar for Yankees/Babe Ruth related items. The thief might be stupid/greedy enough to contact you.
Good Luck

JoeyF1981
05-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Thank you so much for all the support and great advice. Right now im dealing with our house rental company to find out about coverage if any and find out what they can do. The thing that scares me is the company that owns this house owns tons of other houses and so far since weve moved in it has had countless problems and their customer service hasnt been that good. I emailed the manager and am waiting for a response back. I dont have insurance on the collectibles which I really regret not doing but never thought in a million years id be faced with this. I am putting together a list of what I had and alot of my collection I didnt have pictures of so its going to be tough. The biggest blow is my babe ruth photos which were my passion. I enjoyed those more than anything. Ill keep everyone posted and again thank you guys very much for all the help and kind words

drcy
05-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Making a police report is essential, not so much that they'll solve the case (They won't be assigning a detective and pack of blood hounds to the case), but for the record. You don't want it in the future that you find the stuff but have troubles getting it it back because you never reported it as stolen. Even if a police department secretary just files it in a filing cabinet two minutes after you fill it out, it's important to get it on record.

Forever Young
05-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Making a police report is essential, not so much that they'll solve the case (They won't be assigning a detective and pack of blood hounds to the case), but for the record. You don't want it in the future that you find the stuff but have troubles getting it it back because you never reported it as stolen. Even if a police department secretary just files it in a filing cabinet two minutes after you fill it out, it's important to get it on record.

I agree.... did you file a police report Joey? You have not directly answered that question.

I am sorry to hear about this... it must be a nightmare. Everything I have is in safety deposit boxes for this very reason. It is too bad we have to worry about thieves.

JoeyF1981
05-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Yes i filed a police report and went to a couple pawn shops by my house. I was thinking about going the safety deposit route but never did it...wish i wouldve now

drcy
05-15-2014, 12:46 PM
My guess is you'll find them and be able to get them back. Vintage baseball photos is a small world.

billyb
05-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Joey,
As I said, when a stolen item is listed onto a computerized Police form, it asks for description. There is another area that asks for any additional identifiable marks. Check your old scans here on Net54, take a close look and if you see and tear, even the smallest of piece missing off a corner. That can be noted. And if they come across photos that may be yours, these little identifiable marks can show them to be yours.
It is a lot of work, you can give them a list of what has been taken, then add to that list, once you have gathered all the information you can possibly get.
I hate to say this, but you being a renter, rarely does the owner have insurance to cover theft for their renters personal items, it is mostly left up to the renter to obtain insurance for their property. I hope I am wrong with your manager, just talking from experience.
The very best of luck.

Bill

khkco4bls
05-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Joey sorry to here this. He will get his one day. Also why a safe deposit box for a
collection. How can u enjoy collecting if everything is locked up.the thing is to enjoy your collection. everything can't be about monetary gain..

JMEnglish27
05-15-2014, 05:29 PM
That is awful. My worst nightmare...I do hope you recover everything...as others have said, its a small group that'd be interested - make it known what was stolen and you have a chance of recovering some of it.

YankeeFan
05-15-2014, 09:31 PM
So sorry to hear this Joey. I've enjoyed seeing some of your great photo pickups here on N54. I'm joining with the others in hoping that you will recover them.

sporteq
05-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Joey- how did they get into the home? Was anything else taken besides your stuff? I kinda find it fascinating if nothing else was taken, who would know directly where your stuff was. Its interesting to me, they had an idea of a time slot when nobody was home. The criminals could be near your area.. they gotta be!

Best of luck!

Albert

JoeyF1981
05-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Joey- how did they get into the home? Was anything else taken besides your stuff? I kinda find it fascinating if nothing else was taken, who would know directly where your stuff was. Its interesting to me, they had an idea of a time slot when nobody was home. The criminals could be near your area.. they gotta be!

Best of luck!

Albert

Hey AL they took my tv, some clothes, my mini safe and some of other random things. What i dont get is what made them think my photos were collectible. Weve probably had about 2 dozen people in and out in the last 3 months fixing stuff. The rental company outsources alot of their work so my guess is it was one of them. We had a roof leak awhile back and they had to patch our ceiling twice. Really sucks man

JoeyF1981
05-15-2014, 10:51 PM
I had a couple of my ruth photos under some clothes in my dresser that werent taken thank god. They came through our back door and couldve only been there for a hour since the gym is right by my house and thats how long i was there. About a month ago someone opened up all our car doors on our little beater honda during the day and stole my shoes and car charger...as you can tell i live in a great neighborhood

Leon
05-16-2014, 07:57 AM
I had a couple of my ruth photos under some clothes in my dresser that werent taken thank god. They came through our back door and couldve only been there for a hour since the gym is right by my house and thats how long i was there. About a month ago someone opened up all our car doors on our little beater honda during the day and stole my shoes and car charger...as you can tell i live in a great neighborhood

maybe you should move?

Scott Garner
05-16-2014, 09:12 AM
maybe you should move?

Having this happen to me would certainly have me looking to move...

sporteq
05-16-2014, 09:20 AM

joey,

Finger prints must be all over your home then. Did they cops go finger print the home? I'm guessing you had a minimum of $15k ripped off, yes? I would say that would warrant an investication, I'm I wrong members?

Albert

calvindog
05-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Hmmm.

JoeyF1981
05-16-2014, 09:54 AM
maybe you should move?

We signed a 2 year lease so Im going to have to find out what kind of penalty there is for breaking the lease. Most of the time they want the remaining year's rent at least thats how it was at my old apartment. I want the hell outta this neighborhood. I was talking to my neighbor yesterday and he said there was a house down the street that was broken into a couple years ago. Wish I wouldve known all this before we moved in

JoeyF1981
05-16-2014, 09:57 AM
joey,

Finger prints must be all over your home then. Did they cops go finger print the home? I'm guessing you had a minimum of $15k ripped off, yes? I would say that would warrant an investication, I'm I wrong members?

Albert

No if I was to estimate everything it would be more around 5k. The majority of value was in my photos since I had so many. The only thing in my mini safe was my social security card and some 1880's negro baseball trading cards.

Runscott
05-16-2014, 10:02 AM
They took all this stuff out of your home, in broad daylight, during a 1-hr window while you were at the gym?

You were robbed by neighbors.

JoeyF1981
05-16-2014, 10:10 AM
They took all this stuff out of your home, in broad daylight, during a 1-hr window while you were at the gym?

I feel the same way. I go to the gym 4 days a week around the same time every day before work so someone had to know. Theres 3 houses that surround ours, one is vacant and I talked to the owners of the other two and neither one said they saw or heard anything. My fiance and her family all work during the day and im the only one that works swing shift so i start at 2:15. Has to be someone close

UnVme7
05-16-2014, 10:31 AM

Yep! That or someone you're somewhat "friends" with that knows your schedule.

Bocabirdman
05-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Having this happen to me would certainly have me looking to move...

I wouldn't even consider rebuilding a collection before I relocated.

sporteq
05-16-2014, 02:01 PM

I agree... It's a bold move, they knew the house hold schedule.

albert

Jantz
05-16-2014, 10:53 PM
I feel the same way. I go to the gym 4 days a week around the same time every day before work so someone had to know. Theres 3 houses that surround ours, one is vacant and I talked to the owners of the other two and neither one said they saw or heard anything. My fiance and her family all work during the day and im the only one that works swing shift so i start at 2:15. Has to be someone close

This isn't Twitter or Facebook, stop posting all the details of your life and your daily routines.

You're putting out way too much info.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, just trying to help.

I'm sorry to hear your collection was stolen, hope you recover the items quickly and the thieves are caught.

Jantz

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 10:25 AM
UPDATE:

Me and my fiance were taking her niece around the neighborhood and about 2 blocks away I noticed some what looked to be papers dumped on the side of the street in a pile. As we got closer i saw one with a paper caption on the back and they turned out to be a few of my basketball photos from my collection. Im still shocked. Im convinced now its someone who lives close. We walked around a bit but didnt see anything else. I hope this leads to more and possibly recoup at least a fraction of my collection. Again i want to thank all of you. I never expected this much support but i very much appreciate it. So far ive been trying to raise money to purchase a new tv and maybe some new pieces to start a new collection. I have this 5x7 kreindler painting which kills me to sell but really need the money. Im sure in time ill get everything back.

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq224/Blackitalian/Joe_Jackson_1917_Portrait_Study_zpsicu9owad.jpg (http://s450.photobucket.com/user/Blackitalian/media/Joe_Jackson_1917_Portrait_Study_zpsicu9owad.jpg.ht ml)

Lordstan
05-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Glad to hear you are starting to find some of the photos.
If I had the money, I'd take Joe off your hands as you can never have too many Kreindlers. Hopefully someone on the board can help you out.
Best,
Mark

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Scott Garner
05-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Joey,
Sounds like the thief may be kids...

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 01:37 PM
No info

7nohitter
05-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Joey-
Again, very sorry to hear this. Your Babe Ruth auto was not taken, correct?

horzverti
05-17-2014, 03:39 PM
The thief stole most of your photos, but dumped only the basketball photos? So they either purposely pitched or accidentally dropped the photos that are probably of lowest value? That is unbelievable...unbelievably fortunate for you that you were the one that found some of your own photos. What a stroke of great luck for you right after some very bad luck! Let's hope this good luck keeps going for you.

As others wrote, the thief knew your schedule. I am sure the thief knows you and knew of your collection as well. A basic Google search of your name, Joey Farino, would have shown them all they needed to know...unfortunately. Some believe that bad things will happen to people who do bad things to others. You know, karma. Maybe something bad will happen to the thief in the future.

Sorry for your loses. Hopefully this story will have a happy ending.

calvindog
05-17-2014, 08:56 PM
i agree..if you know anyone interested in my painting please let me know..thanks

lololololololol

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 08:58 PM
lololololololol

Whats funny about that? Im trying to raise as much money as i can and that means im gonna have to sacrifice some things to do that

calvindog
05-17-2014, 09:01 PM
I think you're full of shit.

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 09:03 PM
I think you're full of shit.

Well i think youre a piece of shit...

calvindog
05-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Well i think youre a piece of shit...

Sorry I'm simply saying what everyone is thinking -- that you're again pulling another ludicrous scam.

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Sorry I'm simply saying what everyone is thinking -- that you're again pulling another ludicrous scam.

Excuse me??? What kind of bullshit is that? What would i get out of making something like that up? I never asked anyone for anything. Im not looking for any handouts. If youre implying im using that to sell my painting then your a dumb ass and you need to get a life. If i dont sell it it doesnt matter. Im dealing with alot right now and am trying to recover and least a portion of what was taken. Now why dont you go somewhere else with that bullshit

calvindog
05-17-2014, 09:20 PM
You have a history of fraud here. Your story is as dopey as you are. And I'm not the only one who thinks this.

PS with all the time you're wasting out here arguing with me you could have found your stolen stuff AND found Nicole's real killer.

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 09:32 PM
You have a history of fraud here. Your story is as dopey as you are. And I'm not the only one who thinks this.

PS with all the time you're wasting out here arguing with me you could have found your stolen stuff AND found Nicole's real killer.

Fraud??? Anything that i did in the past i admitted to on here and was given a 2nd chance. That was almost 2 years ago. And of course some idiot like you would bring up the past. I never asked anyone for anything nor do i have home insurance so what fraud exactly are you talking about?? Sounds like you have some serious issues

calvindog
05-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Ok, we'll just trust everything you just said because it's not like you've got a history of fraud and lying. So we'll just take you at your word even though the story literally made me laugh out loud it was such obvious bullshit.

And why are you pretending that what you did in the past wasn't fraud? It was fraud. So how can you claim that you've taken responsibility for your past fraud when you can't even admit it was fraud?

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Ok, we'll just trust everything you just said because it's not like you've got a history of fraud and lying. So we'll just take you at your word even though the story literally made me laugh out loud it was such obvious bullshit.

And why are you pretending that what you did in the past wasn't fraud? It was fraud. So how can you claim that you've taken responsibility for your past fraud when you can't even admit it was fraud?

What fraud??? And what is your problem besides being a douche? Obviously you have a boner for me. I would never in my right mind make up a story about being robbed to gain nothing from it. I came here to tell people what happened...not ask for anything.you obviously dont know what fraud means you dickhead. The past has been over for a long time. I never de-frauded anyone ever. You have issues

calvindog
05-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks for telling us what happened!

And maybe you're right -- I don't know what fraud is. I'm just a criminal defense lawyer who fights fraud charges in federal and state courts every day. Maybe you're just a greasy scumbag who doesn't know what truth is?

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 10:01 PM

And maybe you're right -- I don't know what fraud is. I'm just a criminal defense lawyer who fights fraud charges in federal and state courts every day. Maybe you're just a greasy scumbag who doesn't know what truth is?

Have i done something personally to you? Ive been on here for the past 2 years sharing my collection and participating in his forum. I did make mistakes in the past (not fraud at all). I admitted to what i did a long time ago and was forgiven and given a chance to prove myself. If i was committing fraud id be asking for handouts or insurance fraud. I have no insurance so everything is going to have to be replaced by me. So what fraud do you speak of mr defense lawyer????

calvindog
05-17-2014, 10:09 PM
I love when people get caught lying or cheating they always claim that it was "mistakes" -- never anything more than "mistakes."

As for what you're planning on doing, I don't care. I'm just happy I could point out what so many people here are thinking: that your story is laughable and not believable.

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 10:17 PM
I love when people get caught lying or cheating they always claim that it was "mistakes" -- never anything more than "mistakes."

As for what you're planning on doing, I don't care. I'm just happy I could point out what so many people here are thinking: that your story is laughable and not believable.

Calvin i could care less what anyone is thinking. Theres assholes everywhere who have there own personal trust issues and it sounds like you probably have a picture of me on your wall somewhere and think about ways to get me back for nothing i did to you. I dont have to convince you of shit because i doubt youd trust your own mom if she told you you were a man.

calvindog
05-17-2014, 10:22 PM
That makes about as much sense as your story of getting robbed. And then finding your stuff around the corner. Just sitting there.

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 10:29 PM
That makes about as much sense as your story of getting robbed. And then finding your stuff around the corner. Just sitting there.

Its especially makes alot of sense being a defense lawyer and accusing me of fraud and lying about my house being robbed with nothing whatsoever to gain and having to pay for everything out of pocket..good one calvin

JoeyF1981
05-17-2014, 11:18 PM

And by the way since you obviously cant read i found 3 of my basketball type 1 photos 2 blocks away. Thats nothing compared to what was taken. I cant explain how or why they were sitting there.

JoeyF1981
05-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Joey,
Sounds like the thief may be kids...

Im not sure about that but you never know. Like i said earlier weve had alot of work done on this house since we moved in. Weve had nothing but bad luck with this house but we signed a 2yr lease so were kind of stuck unless we pay a hefty pro-rated fee. I was talking to my friend who had his house broken into and the thief threw a huge rock through his back sliding glass door during the day and he lives in a quadrant home and still no one saw anything. People are getting more and more desperate these days and bold

calvindog
05-18-2014, 05:17 AM
Clearly.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-19-2014, 06:08 PM

Why is this getting so personal? It seems ridiculous.

JoeyF1981
05-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Why is this getting so personal? It seems ridiculous.

A little over 2 years ago a member accused me of being a guy named sam who was from california committing all kinds of fraud. He was selling fake cards i think and some other stuff. This member was so convinced it was me that for months he got everyone against me and started going to every forum and telling people i was him. Finally after about 6 months another member tracked down this sam guy and called me personally to apologize for thinking i was him. I live in washington and have no connection whatsoever to that piece of sh*t. He made my life hell and apparently calvindog doesnt know i was cleared or has some personal issue with me after all this time.

calvindog
05-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Is your fiancé today the one who you claimed got pregnant two years ago when you lied your way out of some deals you agreed upon?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=146321

JoeyF1981
05-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Is your fiancé today the one who you claimed got pregnant two years ago when you lied your way out of some deals you agreed upon?

Calvin that whole situation has been over for years. I came on here and admitted to what i did. I was given a 2nd chance 2 years ago to prove myself and thats exactly what ive done. Ive had many great transactions with members on here and participated in alot of threads. If youre going to keep reliving the past then you have a serious issue. Dont act like you havent done stupid sh*t in the past. get over it or go talk to a counselor. You dont know me personally except what happened over 2 years ago. And what in the hell would I have to gain about lying about something as serious as a burglary? I have no home insurance so im paying for everything out of pocket and I never once asked anyone for any handouts. So id lie so people could feel sorry for me? lol..sorry to disappoint you dude.

calvindog
05-19-2014, 06:59 PM
You lied to people on Net 54 and cheated them. Just because you claim you're clean now doesn't mean that I have to presume your bullshit story about losing your collection is real. Do you understand that simple concept? I'll repeat it for you so as to avoid another foul-mouthed, grammatically-challenged PM from you: just because you claim you're clean now does not mean I have to believe your story today. You lied and cheated people on Net 54. If the statute of limitations for a criminal fraud case is 5 years, why does it follow that I have to believe everything you say today when you committed fraud 2 years ago here?

And furthermore: you claim you would never lie out here so people would feel sorry for you? THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID TWO YEARS AGO. "My grandmother died. I lost my job. My fiancé is pregnant."

JoeyF1981
05-19-2014, 07:02 PM
You lied to people on Net 54 and cheated them. Just because you claim you're clean now doesn't mean that I have to presume your bullshit story about losing your collection is real. Do you understand that simple concept? I'll repeat it for you so as to avoid another foul-mouthed, grammatically-challenged PM from you: just because you claim you're clean now does not mean I have to believe your story today. You lied and cheated people on Net 54. If the statute of limitations for a criminal fraud case is 5 years, why does it follow that I have to believe everything you say today when you committed fraud 2 years ago here?

I did lie about some things that I admitted to on here...I never once stole anything from anyone nor did I sell anyone any bogus items ever. I dont care if you believe the sky is blue. I dont know you and from your attitude I dont ever want to know you. Everyone's done something stupid in their life. You learn from it and grow from it. Thats what ive done and thats fine if you dont believe that. Your a lawyer so its probably hard for you to believe anything anyone says.

calvindog
05-19-2014, 07:04 PM
I did lie about some things that I admitted to on here...I never once stole anything from anyone nor did I sell anyone any bogus items ever. I dont care if you believe the sky is blue. I dont know you and from your attitude I dont ever want to know you. Everyone's done something stupid in their life. You learn from it and grow from it. Thats what ive done and thats fine if you dont believe that. Your a lawyer so its probably hard for you to believe anything anyone says.

Just the liars.

JoeyF1981
05-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Calvin Im done arguing with you over something that happened over 2 years ago. I admitted to what I did, I emailed dan mckee and apologized for being a a$$hole and apologized to everyone on here for my reckless behavior. Im not that same immature guy I was when I first started in this hobby and made alot of mistakes financially and embarassed myself. I was man enough to admit it and have spent over 2 years trying to make it right and earn peoples trust. I love this forum and have learned alot from it. So back off or find someone else to harass

calvindog
05-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Or else what? You'll agree to buy a card from me and then claim your grandmother died again?

JoeyF1981
05-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Or else what? You'll agree to buy a card from me and then claim your grandmother died again?

Lol...what a douche

calvindog
05-19-2014, 07:11 PM
I thought you were done arguing? Or is this you being "man enough" again?

By the way, I received 12 emails or PMs from board members who also think your story about losing your entire collection is bullshit. 12. Not 9 but 12.

Edited to add: in the past 15 minutes, two more people messaged me claiming you were a fraud -- recently, not two years ago. Do you want to explain your recent ebay feedback?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jpaul206&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc

gnaz01
05-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Do you want to explain your recent ebay feedback?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jpaul206&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc

Wow, Jeff, just WOW!! Thanks for pointing this out :eek:

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I thought you were done arguing? Or is this you being "man enough" again?

By the way, I received 12 emails or PMs from board members who also think your story about losing your entire collection is bullshit. 12. Not 9 but 12.

Edited to add: in the past 15 minutes, two more people messaged me claiming you were a fraud -- recently, not two years ago. Do you want to explain your recent ebay feedback?

Why are all of the negative comments marked with positive feedback? This is why people need to leave accurate feedback. If it was negative then say it was.

gregr2
05-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Why are all of the negative comments marked with positive feedback? This is why people need to leave accurate feedback. If it was negative then say it was.

Good point, I was wondering the same thing.

horzverti
05-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Ebay sellers cannot leave a negative or neutral feedback anymore.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Ebay sellers cannot leave a negative or neutral feedback anymore.

Why did eBay make that change?

Runscott
05-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Joey had some bad times (all his fault) as 'Black Italian'. Hopefully there isn't a relapse, as he's a very passionate photo collector.

gregr2
05-19-2014, 07:49 PM
You can't leave negative for a buyer, only for sellers.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

thecatspajamas
05-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Why did eBay make that change?

Supposedly there were too many buyers afraid to leave negative feedback for sellers who deserved it lest they should get retaliatory negative feedback in return. That was the line from eBay anyway. Real reason is anybody's guess, but it's completely skewed the feedback system to a laughable degree ever since.

Just another example of eBay going after a fly with a 2x4, smacking everyone in the head in the process.

calvindog
05-19-2014, 07:56 PM
FIVE negative feedbacks from FIVE different sellers for nonpayment in the past 4 1/2 months. Same bullshit excuses he gave two years ago. Plus another eBay seller messaged me about another very recent fraud of Joey's. that's six.

Hey Joey -- who's the douche now?

calvindog
05-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Another Joey Farino eBay ID with FIVE MORE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS for nonpayment in the past THREE months (that's 10 if anyone's counting):

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jpfar14&ftab=AllFeedback

Peter_Spaeth
05-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Just another example of eBay going after a fly with a 2x4, smacking everyone in the head in the process.

Lichtman would approve. :D:D

Lordstan
05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
While I cannot defend any non payment issues that may be present, I can comment on my own experience. I have had multiple deals with Joey that were completed without any issues. He paid and shipped items to me immediately.
I'm not trying to start an argument. Just stating my experience with him.

irishdenny
05-19-2014, 09:49 PM
"Say it isn't So Joe?"

7nohitter
05-20-2014, 03:23 AM
Joey-
That IS a ton of non payments-and the use of different ID's?

calvindog
05-20-2014, 05:30 AM
So far I've found 9 different eBay IDs for Joey Farino with numerous of them having negative feedback for nonpayment -- all within the past year.

frankbmd
05-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Lol...what a douche

Is it safe to say, they didn't take Joey's mirror?

ergoism
05-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Joey, let's see that police report. :D

Sean1125
05-20-2014, 09:08 AM
Joey, let's see that police report. :D

That would be the first logical thing to do... Wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

Runscott
05-20-2014, 09:53 AM
We've had a few forum members like Joey in the past, who bought tons of stuff then tried to slow themselves down by selling a little, and it didn't work out for them. They still ran out of bucks and then we started seeing weird behavior. Some problem was apparently under control for a year or so, and now it isn't. Beating the shite out of the guy here isn't going to help. We all know he's developed a passion for vintage photos, and that apparently kept him away from past habits that caused him trouble. It looks like he's trying to channel his rekindled 'buy and not pay' problem through ebay rather than here, where he's trying to maintain his hobby social life.

Yeah, I'm making excuses for him. I was more skeptical than anyone when he joined Net54 - I ignored his emails, then questioned him about 'blackitalian'. Eventually I just laid back and watched, and saw him handle himself well for two years. Personally, I like seeing people fix their problems. Now, if he screws me I'll latch into him like a pit bull, and I don't blame anyone else for doing the same, but outside of that I'd prefer to see him get a handle on this.

toyman55
05-20-2014, 10:12 AM
After reading all these posts wouldn't it be easy to check with the local police to see if a robbery was reported. I am sure if someone robbed me I would have the police there asap.

Runscott
05-20-2014, 10:23 AM
After reading all these posts wouldn't it be easy to check with the local police to see if a robbery was reported. I am sure if someone robbed me I would have the police there asap.

I don't understand why anyone who doesn't believe him even cares - I can't think of any scam that could relate to the story as he's told it, and I know for a fact that he lives in a sketchy area. As long as he's not asking anyone for money, I have no inclination to make him prove himself. If anyone ends up buying his Joe Jackson Kriendler and wants me to pick it up for them, I have no problem with that.

Leon
05-20-2014, 10:47 AM
There is a reason Joey (hi Joey) is STILL NOT allowed on the BST.

I am about 50/50 on his story....maybe a bit less.

Since Joey ISN'T allowed on the BST how else would he be able to advertise his painting for sale if not for this? I am not saying anything funny is going on, just pointing some stuff out.

BTW, I am close to 100% in agreement with Jeff on this.....for those keeping score.

And Scott, yes on the forum Joey is great. On the BST, not so much......

bn2cardz
05-21-2014, 07:29 AM
Since Joey ISN'T allowed on the BST how else would he be able to advertise his painting for sale if not for this? I am not saying anything funny is going on, just pointing some stuff out.

Was this thread determined to just be a fluffed BST thread on the main board? Or are there missing collectibles that we should be on the look out for?

ramram
05-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Was this thread determined to just be a fluffed BST thread on the main board? Or are there missing collectibles that we should be on the look out for?

Well, unless a police report shows up on here I'd say the former.

Rob M.

Leon
05-21-2014, 08:54 AM

Either once or twice I had to tell Joey not to sell stuff on the main forums as he has been banned from the BST the whole time he has been back on the board, after he was banned long ago. I don't know if this new story of the theft is real or not. I think it's very legitimate to question it, historically speaking.

Some folks question why he is still allowed on the board at all? Well, first of all my goal is to not ban anyone. But there are instances where it's warranted and so be it. There are other instances, like this one, where it's a difficult decision on what to do. As most all of the posters can see, Joey is a great forum participant EXCEPT for his transactions. So, he isn't allowed on the BST but is allowed to engage otherwise. And at the end of the day, don't we all need a little drama so we can make another batch of popcorn and watch :) ?

Runscott
05-21-2014, 09:05 AM
My apologies for offering to be a middleman for the Kreindler painting sale. Until yesterday morning, I didn't realize that Joey was banned from B/S/T.

Despite the fights, forum members here tend to be very forgiving, as they hope that even someone who behaves very badly really wants to turn things around, even if they might be finding it almost impossible. This is good as long as no one gets ripped off permanently <=== this is kind of an excuse for not supporting Jeff's comments more vocally, but Jeff was spot-on in everything he said.

bn2cardz
05-21-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't see anywhere were he lists things that are missing, only lists things that aren't missing and has been found. It seems that if he wants us to keep our eyes open there should be a list of missing items.

So at this point I can see why people would be under the assumption that this is a ruse to sell some items and maybe get a few extra sympathy dollars thrown on top of the sale.

slidekellyslide
05-21-2014, 09:55 AM
I gotta tell you the very first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was disbelief, but I know he's been a good poster here for a while now so gave him the benefit of the doubt...did not even know he was still banned from the BST.

I doubt he'll come back after this one (although he seems to be checking the board frequently the last few days)...how do you explain all those ebay ID's with the non paying bidder messages?

Jay Wolt
05-21-2014, 10:04 AM
This thread even made it to CU
apparently he's well known over there too!

MikeKam
05-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Removed

6-4-3memorabilia
05-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Pretty much the perfect saying for this thread

7nohitter
05-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Have we seen the last of Joey?

slidekellyslide
05-21-2014, 03:11 PM
He was logged in two hours ago reading this thread. I can't imagine what is keeping him silent though.

doug.goodman
05-21-2014, 03:14 PM
His threads are nothing if not entertaining...

Deertick
05-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Have we seen the last of Joey?

“Shame was an emotion he had abandoned years earlier. Addicts know no shame. You disgrace yourself so many times you become immune to it.”
― John Grisham, The Testament

Augy44
05-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Can someone explain (I'm sure Joey could explain best) why somebody would spend the time to research and agree to purchase an item and then just end all communication and/or not pay for the item? Is it just because they change their minds or do they truly get pleasure out of it because they can hide behind a keyboard and usually away with it?

calvindog
05-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Can someone explain (I'm sure Joey could explain best) why somebody would spend the time to research and agree to purchase an item and then just end all communication and/or not pay for the item? Is it just because they change their minds or do they truly get pleasure out of it because they can hide behind a keyboard and usually away with it?

You're attempting to understand the criminal mind. He's a criminal, plain and simple, and there are no good answers as to why he does what he does, over and over. Keep in mind that he had defrauded numerous people over the past year including people on Net 54 -- but that didn't stop him from attacking me publicly, claiming that he's been an angel for two years. He had to know he would get caught but couldn't control his impulses to lie and cheat. And just because he's also plainly a moron doesn't mean he's not capable of a serious fraud. Give him time, he'll get there.

Bugsy
05-21-2014, 03:45 PM

Looks like he uses several methods to manipulate sellers into lowering prices...

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=918355

7nohitter
05-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Joey-

We know you're looking at this thread! Any comments?

calvindog
05-21-2014, 04:14 PM
He was logged in two hours ago reading this thread. I can't imagine what is keeping him silent though.

Why is this fraudster still allowed to log in? I thought he was banned.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Why is this fraudster still allowed to log in? I thought he was banned.

I don't think Leon banned him for this.

MikeKam
05-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Obviously avoiding this as he just posted here:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/group/free-autograph-buy-sell-trade/forum/topics/kevin-durant-personal-plane-ticket-signed-psa?xg_source=activity

MikeKam
05-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Looks like this is the end of that.

calvindog
05-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Just got this from Farino:

"You dumb f*ck.. criminal mind??!! Lol...now i know youre a idiot. I obviously have a ebay problem i need to address as far as paying for items. I havent frauded anybody you douche. I never lied about who i was or ripped anyone off. Ask numerous people on this forum. Ebay is my own issue that i obviously need to get a grip on. Your comments are hysterical because you really dont know shit. Youre just another kirk keith."

Leon, isn't it time he gets banned? I'm not sure what else he needs to do to merit it.

PS: under/over on the number of teeth in his fiance's head. I'm guessing 7.

doug.goodman
05-21-2014, 06:38 PM
PS: under/over on the number of teeth in his fiance's head. I'm guessing 7.

Do those life-size dolls have teeth?

7nohitter
05-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Well, looks like he's done....

bender07
05-21-2014, 07:42 PM
He's online now PMing some lucky soul.

calvindog
05-21-2014, 08:08 PM
He's online now PMing some lucky soul.

That would be me:

"Hey douche: im sorry but running onto a forum running your mouth is some bitch shit. Thats something a female does. Get your balls outta your vagina and talk to me like a man."

Not only can't Joey Farino spell "irony" but he can't even bother to look it up in a dictionary.

sebie43
05-21-2014, 08:26 PM
One could argue privately harassing somebody could be considered "bitch shit" so how about it Joey? We know you are there. So why dont you man up and tell it like it is?

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Since me being called out by the defense lawyer is breaking news Ill address a few things to clarify what was said and no I wont be responding anymore to this thread. If someone really has questions you can pm me.

First off yes I have multiple Id's on ebay from getting kicked off

I have not paid for a bunch of things

I have a ebay problem as funny as that sounds. I need to address this issue personally and I know it is very wrong.

I have never ripped anyone off when selling anything.

I never lied to anyone to get a discount ever on anything

My aunt does have cancer and is dying. She had ovarian cancer which after radiation she was diagnosed with brain cancer. She now has cancer in her spinal fluid which is almost always terminal

My grandmother did die of lung cancer from smoking almost her whole life

My house did get robbed and I dont have home insurance so I am slowly trying to replace what was taken. I appreciate the people who have been supportive

I have no explanation for my reckless behavior on ebay. I love this hobby and alot of times I feel like I have to have every cool thing I see. I know thats not reality. In a way it is ocd'ish and I could use alot of help on different ways to stay involved in the hobby without always feeling like I have to buy something.

Ive embarassed myself to say the least. Ive formed alot of good relationships with people on here. Ive always delivered any items ive sold to anyone on here. That doesnt make my behavior okay and never will.

And last but not least Jeff you are in fact a douche bag..lol...for you to come on here and bring up things in my past that I was cleared of is a d*ck move. And to bring my personal life into it is even worse. But guys like you thrive on moments like this. You may be respected in this hobby but outside of it youre a douche bag. I never did anything to you and kirk keith spent months to try and convince people I was somebody named sam only to find out that he was very wrong and it was proven on here that I wasnt.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-21-2014, 08:49 PM
I don't have a problem with Joey being a member as long as he is banned from the BST. His eBay issues don't have anything to do with the site.

vintagetoppsguy
05-21-2014, 08:50 PM
His eBay issues don't have anything to do with the site.

Agreed.

slidekellyslide
05-21-2014, 08:59 PM
I don't have a problem with Joey being a member as long as he is banned from the BST. His eBay issues don't have anything to do with the site.

Except for the fact that many of us sell on ebay, and at least one of our members he stiffed. OCD or not, how does one make a best offer on a BIN and not pay for it once it's accepted? If you don't have the money to pay for an item then why are you even wasting someone's time with an offer?

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Except for the fact that many of us sell on ebay, and at least one of our members he stiffed. OCD or not, how does one make a best offer on a BIN and not pay for it once it's accepted? If you don't have the money to pay for an item then why are you even wasting someone's time with an offer?

Theres not a good enough answer that can justify that. I have every intention of paying but like i said when i see something i want more after the fact then i get reckless. It is a big issue for me and something that will stop.

vintagetoppsguy
05-21-2014, 09:06 PM

I think what Alex meant (and he can correct me if I'm wrong) is that Joey's eBay issues shouldn't play any part as to whether he's a member here or not. If Jeff of anybody else wants to continue posting his eBay behavior to warn other sellers, I don't have a problem with that, but it should not be used against him to determine his membership here (as long as it stays outside the forum).

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-21-2014, 09:13 PM
I think what Alex meant (and he can correct me if I'm wrong) is that Joey's eBay issues shouldn't play any part as to whether he's a member here or not. If Jeff of anybody else wants to continue posting his eBay behavior to warn other sellers, I don't have a problem with that, but it should not be used against him to determine his membership here (as long as it stays outside the forum).

David - Those are my sentiments.

Peter_Spaeth
05-21-2014, 09:18 PM

Perhaps Adrian could shed some light on that. He seemed to have similar issues.

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
if it means anything to you guys Im sorry. I found a hobby that Im real passionate about and have gone about things the wrong way for a long time. Theres so many cool things out there that I get reckless and go on these ebay rants. It is a problem and very wrong. There is nothing I can say to justify my behavior but hope that at least some of you realize that I really do want to be a part of this forum.

And jeff you couldve came to me personally and asked me about any of this before attacking me. I wouldve addressed any issue you had. I dont know you and have never personally done any business with you. But dont ever bring my personal life or family into any of this. Thats a d*ck move

if any of you want to talk more about this you can pm me but otherwise theres really nothing more to say about this

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-21-2014, 09:21 PM
if it means anything to you guys Im sorry. I found a hobby that Im real passionate about and have gone about things the wrong way for a long time. Theres so many cool things out there that I get reckless and go on these ebay rants. It is a problem and very wrong. There is nothing I can say to justify my behavior but hope that at least some of you realize that I really do want to be a part of this forum.

Joey,

You manned up and admitted you have a problem. I don't think there is anything else to say. I hope you get the issue under control because it can be very destructive.

Alex

Lordstan
05-21-2014, 09:22 PM
As I said before, I have bought and sold multiple photos to Joey in the past 6mos. In my dealings, he has been very fair in his pricing and quick in his payment and shipping. On the board, excluding the BST, I think his threads and posts have been positive contributions. I agree that he has some ebay issues to deal with, but it's interesting in that most of his problems with retractions, etc seem to involve items other than photos. In many of the ebay Ids that have been shown, he has a string of positive feedback results, with positive wording, from Henry Yee, who as we all know sells mostly photos anymore. Not sure what is up with that, but that appears to the pattern.
I have no problems with him being on the board as a contributor. Being that Leon has already banned him from the BST, I think it becomes up to each individual here to determine if they wish to do any business with him.

calvindog
05-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Joey, no one brought your personal life into this but you. When you claimed that your various family members were dying, when your fiancé kept getting pregnant, etc., that was all personal stuff that you brought up in order to further your fraud. All I did was point out that you were still committing fraud on eBay under multiple IDs when you claim you had been clean for two years. If that makes me a bad guy to you, I don't care. Do you actually think anyone here cares what you think of them? And "manning up" isn't manning up when you only apologize after getting caught -- again.

As for letting a guy stay on this forum who has lied so often to so many people, who has defrauded Net 54 members (even if Joey doesn't know what the word "fraud" means), who sends harassing PMs, who stiffed auction houses, who has been kicked off eBay more times than he can count, who evades his BST ban by privately contacting Net 54 members to buy his stuff, well, if this is the kind of guy we want here then you have exactly the kind of forum you deserve. I can't believe that I'm the only one who wants better.

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Joey, no one brought your personal life into this but you. When you claimed that your various family members were dying, when your fiancé kept getting pregnant, etc., that was all personal stuff that you brought up in order to further your fraud. All I did was point out that you were still committing fraud on eBay under multiple IDs when you claim you had been clean for two years. If that makes me a bad guy to you, I don't care. Do you actually think anyone here cares what you think of them? And "manning up" isn't manning up when you only apologize after getting caught -- again.

As for letting a guy stay on this forum who has lied so often to so many people, who has defrauded Net 54 members (even if Joey doesn't know what the word "fraud" means), who sends harassing PMs, who stiffed auction houses, who has been kicked off eBay more times than he can count, who evades his BST ban by privately contacting Net 54 members to buy his stuff, well, if this is the kind of guy we want here then you have exactly the kind of forum you deserve. I can't believe that I'm the only one who wants better.

Harassing emails???? What have you been doing to me this whole time? And ask the people on here who ive sold things to. Ask them about their experience and see what they say. Jeff being a lawyer has really messed with your head. Everyone does dumb sh*t sometimes in their life, sometimes more than once if you can believe that. You obviously feel compelled to be the "hero" in all this like youre personally after me for nothing I did to you. Im a fairly new collector and I got somewhat obsessed and compulsive with it because its something I really enjoy. If someone admits they have a problem dont be a d*ckhead and keep kicking them while their down. Do you not believe drug addicts can recover? Damn dude you must not have any type of heart

calvindog
05-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Numerous people wrote to me about being abused by you recently. None of them wanted to be exposed because they didn't want to get harassed by you anymore.

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Again everyone besides Jeff Im sorry for my behavior.

Lordstan
05-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Ultimately, regardless of what we "want," it's up to Leon to decide who stays and who goes. I agree with all that it's a shame Joey has had these issues and it's a shame that people were hurt by those issues. I think this thread will certainly serve as a cautionary tale for all those who are deciding whether or not to do business with him. As far as harassing PMs, I think if Leon threw everyone off who ever sent an inappropriate email/message, we would have a very small board.

It's not that I don't want as good a board as possible, it's just that my personal experience with Joey has been very different than many others'.

calvindog
05-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Again everyone besides Jeff Im sorry for my behavior.

Why, because I'm the only guy you didn't rip off?

Peter_Spaeth
05-21-2014, 09:40 PM
"As far as harassing PMs, I think if Leon threw everyone off who ever sent an inappropriate email/message, we would have a very small board."

I very much doubt this is true, judging by the type of people here. I would guess it's a lot closer to a relatively small fraction. I suppose it's a definitional thing, but if we are talking about graphic PMs like the one Jeff posted, again, I very much doubt most people have sent anything like that.

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 09:44 PM
"As far as harassing PMs, I think if Leon threw everyone off who ever sent an inappropriate email/message, we would have a very small board."

I very much doubt this is true, judging by the type of people here. I would guess it's a lot closer to a relatively small fraction. I suppose it's a definitional thing, but if we are talking about graphic PMs like the one Jeff posted, again, I very much doubt most people have sent anything like that.

Peter- Im sorry man but I feel like he deserved it. He came at me the wrong way and went out of his way to attack me. Im not one to back down. Whether I said it through a pm or in person it still wouldve happened. If he wouldve came at me different and actually let me explain then it wouldve been a different story. he doesnt know me one bit and I wouldve been more than happy to talk to him one on one but he wanted to be a jerk. Im done addressing Jeff because its pointless. But the rest of you im apologizing to

calvindog
05-21-2014, 09:47 PM
You're "manning up", you "don't back down." For such a tough guy, for such a manly man, you can't pay your bills and you hide behind your aunt's cancer and under your pregnant girlfriend's skirt. You know what being a man is? Honoring your promises and paying what you owe. Try it sometime.

Lordstan
05-21-2014, 09:51 PM

You are more than likely correct, but there have been some pretty visible arguments here that got very very personal, both on the public board and in PM from what was reported. From what I can tell, very few of those people were ever kicked off.

calvindog
05-21-2014, 09:55 PM
You are more than likely correct, but there have been some pretty visible arguments here that got very very personal, both on the public board and in PM from what was reported. From what I can tell, very few of those people were ever kicked off.

Did any of those people also have 20 eBay IDs and defraud the owner of Net 54?

Lordstan
05-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Did any of those people also have 20 eBay IDs and defraud the owner of Net 54?

Don't know, but some pretty nasty stuff was exchanged.
Edit: Despite those episodes, I'm glad those people weren't kicked off the board as they were and continue to be valuable contributors to the board.

As I said, it's Leon prerogative to ban/suspend/reprimand as he sees fit, as this is his board. If I were defrauded, I would certainly feel the person should be banned, so I understand where those people are coming from. Perhaps I am just lucky in that my experience has been different.

calvindog
05-21-2014, 10:05 PM
I've obviously always felt different about fraud in the hobby. Whether I was the one being defrauded is not the determining factor for me in determining to stand up against the fraudster; instead it was whether anyone in the hobby was defrauded.

Runscott
05-21-2014, 10:08 PM

Will 'ignore' block PM contact? If so, I don't see the problem with PM verbiage that goes beyond what's acceptable in the forum. If it results in the recipient putting you on ignore, you've probably ended up with the correct result.

Leon
05-21-2014, 10:12 PM
This isn't a black and white issue. As always, my goal is to continue to allow members on the board as much as possible but also have a safe environment, especially in the transaction areas. It has always been that way as long as I have been moderating. That being said, I prefer members not harass other members in PMs.

Joey- please don't PM Jeff anymore and he won't PM you.

I don't remember being defrauded by Joey. I won't go into specifics but there was one auction issue and it wasn't a big deal. It solidified my position/thinking though....

That's about all I have to say for now.....thanks

Lordstan
05-21-2014, 10:12 PM
I've obviously always felt different about fraud in the hobby. Whether I was the one being defrauded is not the determining factor for me in determining to stand up against the fraudster; instead it was whether anyone in the hobby was defrauded.

Jeff,
Please understand that I am not defending his behavior. Obviously, defrauding anyone is wrong. I am merely saying that I would not be against his continuing to be on the board without BST privleges. If Leon decides otherwise, I would understand and support his decision as well.

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Leon- no problem at all. I will leave it alone.

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 10:26 PM
You're "manning up", you "don't back down." For such a tough guy, for such a manly man, you can't pay your bills and you hide behind your aunt's cancer and under your pregnant girlfriend's skirt. You know what being a man is? Honoring your promises and paying what you owe. Try it sometime.

P.s i do pay my bills but youre right about paying what i owe. And by the way my fiance looks very good in a skirt but i get your point

Leon
05-21-2014, 10:44 PM
P.s i do pay my bills but youre right about paying what i owe. And by the way my fiance looks very good in a skirt but i get your point

He has all valid points.....

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 10:52 PM
He has all valid points.....

He does but the way he went about it was why i said what i said to him in a pm

Jaybird
05-21-2014, 11:09 PM
Joey, it's necessary for people to be called out in public on a forum and not personally in a PM. The reason is that the lies can't hide behind a personal conversation. I applaud Jeff for bringing your actions to light. I have an ebay account and I have now blocked you from bidding. It is personal. You can't keep affecting others and say "it's nothing personal". Sorry. Doesn't work that way.

On this forum and other forums, problems are brought to the group and solved on a group level in a way that couldn't have happened in a one on one conversation. This is true for good hobby moments like figuring out a new card set or face in a crowd and shitty hobby moments like you and your situation.

It's not my call but having you on the board is probably adding to your problems rather than helping them. I see no reason why talking about something you obsess over is good for you. You come on here, talk about photos and then go on ebay and hit BIN and don't pay for them. Seems like a bad combo to me.

JoeyF1981
05-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Joey, it's necessary for people to be called out in public on a forum and not personally in a PM. The reason is that the lies can't hide behind a personal conversation. I applaud Jeff for bringing your actions to light. I have an ebay account and I have now blocked you from bidding. It is personal. You can't keep affecting others and say "it's nothing personal". Sorry. Doesn't work that way.

On this forum and other forums, problems are brought to the group and solved on a group level in a way that couldn't have happened in a one on one conversation. This is true for good hobby moments like figuring out a new card set or face in a crowd and shitty hobby moments like you and your situation.

It's not my call but having you on the board is probably adding to your problems rather than helping them. I see no reason why talking about something you obsess over is good for you. You come on here, talk about photos and then go on ebay and hit BIN and don't pay for them. Seems like a bad combo to me.

Finding a way to talk about the hobby and not always feel compelled to buy something is what im working towards. Its getting those moments under control that i havent figured out yet.

doug.goodman
05-21-2014, 11:21 PM
He does but the way he went about it was why i said what i said to him in a pm

So, to clarify, Jeff made all valid points, but because he made those points in a way that you did not like, you felt justified in attacking him via PM, and then apologizing (twice) to everyone on the board EXCEPT Jeff?

A few thoughts :

1 - It seems to me that if apologies were given out in the order in which they were deserved, Jeff would be way up towards the top.

2 - As for dead and dying relatives, we all either have, or will have, those so they garner no sympathy from me when it comes to bills being paid, or not paid, as the case may be.

3 - In regards to pregnant fiances, I shudder to think what kind of child will be raised in household where dad causes this much drama on a baseball card blog.

4 - Pay any money that you owe. Stop buying more stuff. Start a college fund for your kid. Don't tell me that (what's left of) your collection is the college fund, put money in a bank, there is no risk of it being stolen by the neighbors, or anybody else.

5 - Get off the blogs and start being an adult.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong, insert smiley face here,
Doug

71buc
05-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Its my opinion that to benefit fully from membership on this board one has to trust others and in turn be trustworthy. I recently completed a photo trade that required that I send some valuable items to a stranger who lived on the other side of the country. I didn't hesitate. I know that the other party didn't either. Its amazes me that such transactions happen frequently here without an issue. There is an odd fellowship that exists among the members of this online community and its pillars are a kindred passion, knowledge, and trust. I appreciate Jeff's efforts to ensure that members are held accountable by calling them out. That being said I have no problem with Joey remaining on the board. The damage he has done to himself far outweighs any he has done to others. This is proof once again that a reputation once tarnished can never be repaired. Its very obvious how important this board is to Joey. Unfortunately no matter how sincere his apologies are of how hard he tries to repair his reputation many here will always view him with a jaundiced eye.

glchen
05-22-2014, 12:34 AM
Finding a way to talk about the hobby and not always feel compelled to buy something is what im working towards. Its getting those moments under control that i havent figured out yet.

While I respect Jeff for always consistently maintaining a tough stance and fighting against shilling and detrimental parts of the hobby, there is no question to me, at least, that when he sets his sights on someone, his language often leaves something to be desired. It seems that he purposely tries to insult and inflame the person that he is attacking, and there would be better ways to accomplish what he is trying to do, but it is what it is.

Joey, you have admitted your faults, and apologized profusely in a public forum, which still must've taken some courage. However, you should know that admitting a problem and actively doing something about it are two very different things. And when you have a history of these issues, they can follow you around for a very long time, as you can see from this thread. You can walk the straight and narrow path, but there will still always be people who will bring up your past. And if you continue to not pay when you agree to purchase an item, that will only give further ammunition to your detractors. You can say to yourself that you're not really hurting anyone because they still have their item, and you never took any money from them. However, it will continue to stain your reputation. No one will take you at your word or trust you, and there will continue to be threads such as this where people will continue to heap loads and loads of misery towards you. You can only apologize so long before everyone will simply tune you out completely.

I know you have had a run of bad situations, and I hope that you can dig yourself out of this. Sometimes it is just a series of small steps where you can work yourself back to having the life you want to have rather than letting things overwhelm you. I enjoyed many of the posts you had on the forum especially in vintage photography and seeing the knowledge you've accumulated and shared. I hope that you can come back to being a contributing member of this board soon. Take care.

calvindog
05-22-2014, 04:05 AM
While I respect Jeff for always consistently maintaining a tough stance and fighting against shilling and detrimental parts of the hobby, there is no question to me, at least, that when he sets his sights on someone, his language often leaves something to be desired. It seems that he purposely tries to insult and inflame the person that he is attacking, and there would be better ways to accomplish what he is trying to do, but it is what it is.

Joey, you have admitted your faults, and apologized profusely in a public forum, which still must've taken some courage. .

So my language to Joey "leaves something to be desired" but Joey's to me -- for simply exposing his recent fraud -- does not merit a response from you? That makes sense.

And the idea that because Joey continues to apologize profusely takes courage is laughable. He continues to defraud, continues to lie about it, gets caught -- and knows that if he just apologizes he'll be given yet ANOTHER chance. You think that's courageous? Seriously? The guy has the morals of a flea. Courage? LOLOL

calvindog
05-22-2014, 04:09 AM

So you paid all the people you stiffed on eBay this year? Did you pay Leon for the auction item of his you won and didn't pay for? And you "do pay [your] bills" but not "pay[] what [you] owe?" Do you not understand those concepts are one in the same?

bender07
05-22-2014, 04:44 AM

Do recovering alcoholics talk about how much fun it is to get plastered or which drink and/or bar is their favorite? You need to get away from the temptation. You obviously have an issue with the multiple ID's and non payments. Getting kicked off of the BST here should be a wake up call man.

Take the time you would normally spend on this board to do something constructive. You may or may not have a baby on the way, focus on that.

Good luck

doug.goodman
05-22-2014, 05:04 AM
Joey, you have admitted your faults, and apologized profusely in a public forum, which still must've taken some courage.

That's crap.

Gary, with all due respect to you, it took as much "courage" for him to do that, as it is taking for me to type this.

Doug

calvindog
05-22-2014, 05:33 AM
That's crap.

Gary, with all due respect to you, it took as much "courage" for him to do that, as it is taking for me to type this.

Doug

Maybe Gary got confused about the meaning of the word "courage" with Memorial Day coming up and all.

And Gary, the "past" you claim I brought up about Joey occurred in April of 2014 when he was still committing fraud on eBay. He also lied repeatedly in this thread, claiming he's been on the straight and narrow for two years when dozens of Net 54 members know first hand that this is not true. Is the past which includes the previous few days not fair game when judging someone's character?

barrysloate
05-22-2014, 06:00 AM
Joey- this is my first post on this thread, but after reading it in its entirety, you need to walk away from this hobby and get some professional help. Saying we all make mistakes is completely lame and absolute bullshit. I'm not going to comment on your home robbery, I have absolutely no idea if it's true or not, but the way you have conducted business is entirely unacceptable. If you think you have OCD see a shrink. But you should not be participating in this hobby until you get your shit worked out.

GrayGhost
05-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Joey, I personally feel the same way bout the Hobby. But, I just lost another job, tho this one was expected, and just have to reign in buying. you need to know when NOT to do things you can't follow up on. Its hard, yes, but you have to. you have likely lost trust of board members on here also for this whole thread. I'm sorry for your issues, but keep in mind being honest and smart in the way you operate is the way to go. Best of luck, but you need to step back from the hobby until u can get this stuff under control.

vintagetoppsguy
05-22-2014, 06:52 AM
I've changed my mind. I think Joey should be banned...right after Leon runs a background check and credit check on every member here.

Background check: This one is easy. Anybody that's ever been arrested can no longer participate on the forum.

Credit check: There's a bit more to this one. The only accusation that Joey is guilty of (even by his own admission) is not paying for eBay purchases. Is that fraud? Nope. Is it wrong? Absolutely (and I'm not making excuses for it)!!! But I would be willing to bet that if Leon ran a credit check of every board member, there would be several members that never paid a bill - credit card bill, old utility bill, something. What's worse, not paying for an eBay item that you never took possession of, or not paying a credit card bill or utility bill for a product that you did take possession of or a service that you used? So, anybody with any derogatory marks on their credit report would no longer be able to participate on the forum.

Yup, those should be a pre-requisite to join the forum and all existing members should have to comply. Let's see how many members are left after that. I’ll go first!!!

Jay Wolt
05-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Why is it when anyone gets caught w/ their hand in the cookie jar, they play the role of the victim?
We all would love to buy cards & collectibles as we all have a passion for them, but we have to stay within our budget.
If you can't afford to buy something, then don't bid or click the Buy It Now.
Its pretty simple.

calvindog
05-22-2014, 07:07 AM
I've changed my mind. I think Joey should be banned...right after Leon runs a background check and credit check on every member here.

Background check: This one is easy. Anybody that's ever been arrested can no longer participate on the forum.

Credit check: There's a bit more to this one. The only accusation that Joey is guilty of (even by his own admission) is not paying for eBay purchases. Is that fraud? Nope. Is it wrong? Absolutely (and I'm not making excuses for it)!!! But I would be willing to bet that if Leon ran a credit check of every board member, there would be several members that never paid a bill - credit card bill, old utility bill, something. What's worse, not paying for an eBay item that you never took possession of, or not paying a credit card bill or utility bill for a product that you did take possession of or a service that you used? So, anybody with any derogatory marks on their credit report would no longer be able to participate on the forum.

Yup, those should be a pre-requisite to join the forum and all existing members should have to comply. Let's see how many members are left after that. I’ll go first!!!

David, you're smarter than this.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-22-2014, 07:14 AM
Can we all get back to discussing our passions for baseball?

MyGuyTy
05-22-2014, 07:28 AM
A beligerent, loudmouth, dime a dozen defense attorney (who's constantly looking for the attention that he lacks) is giving lectures on human moral as it pertains to telling the truth and never lying????? Hahaha, oh that's rich!

Seriously though Jeff it's gotta be tough for you everyday dealing with being so f*cking cool and all isn't it?......I would bet you're the coolest guy you know......:cool:

calvindog
05-22-2014, 07:40 AM
A beligerent, loudmouth, dime a dozen defense attorney (who's constantly looking for the attention that he lacks) is giving lectures on human moral as it pertains to telling the truth and never lying????? Hahaha, oh that's rich!

Seriously though Jeff it's gotta be tough for you everyday dealing with being so f*cking cool and all isn't it?......I would bet you're the coolest guy you know......:cool:

Hey, it's Glenn Willrich, another Net 54 fraudster who was allowed back onto Net 54 after committing fraud and threatening members!

bigtrain
05-22-2014, 07:49 AM
Interesting comment. Now this has degenerated to a lawyer bashing thread? Great. Jeffrey Lichtman is looking for attention? I do not know Jeff personally and never had any business dealings with him. I do know him by reputation as I am also a criminal defense attorney. While I am of the small town. "dime a dozen" "loudmouth" variety myself, Jeff Lichtman is one of the best, well-known and successful criminal defense attorneys in the greatest city in the world. He has been on TV and radio numerous times and gets plenty of attention for the great work that he does. He certainly does not need to seek attention here.

Peter_Spaeth
05-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Interesting comment. Now this has degenerated to a lawyer bashing thread? Great. Jeffrey Lichtman is looking for attention? I do not know Jeff personally and never had any business dealings with him. I do know him by reputation as I am also a criminal defense attorney. While I am of the small town. "dime a dozen" "loudmouth" variety myself, Jeff Lichtman is one of the best, well-known and successful criminal defense attorneys in the greatest city in the world. He has been on TV and radio numerous times and gets plenty of attention for the great work that he does. He certainly does not need to seek attention here.

But he is a belligerent loudmouth, no? :D:D

bigtrain
05-22-2014, 07:53 AM
But he is a belligerent loudmouth, no? :D:D

To some extent, it is part of the job.:D

timzcardz
05-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Jeff,

For what it's worth, I appreciate you efforts and commitment to protecting a great hobby.

Thanks.

P.S. over the years I've come to realize that you're not the Jeff Lichtman that I see in the advertisements in the Subway. :)

calvindog
05-22-2014, 07:58 AM
P.S. over the years I've come to realize that you're not the Jeff Lichtman that I see in the advertisements in the Subway. :)

Ugh. Praise Jesus.

Peter_Spaeth
05-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Hey, it's Glenn Willrich, another Net 54 fraudster who was allowed back onto Net 54 after committing fraud and threatening members!

So "Bud" who was defending Glenn was Glenn all along? :confused:

Leon
05-22-2014, 08:03 AM

Glenn- As far as I know Jeff is very honest. Actually he is brutally honest. As far as I know you aren't. I wouldn't go off too much on him.

Republicaninmass
05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
J.

I still like to think it's him :)

tiger8mush
05-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Jeff,

For what it's worth, I appreciate you efforts and commitment to protecting a great hobby.

Thanks.

agreed

6-4-3memorabilia
05-22-2014, 08:21 AM
thought I would lighten the mood here. Baseball and a good looking girl, what else could a guy ask for? (well, for me its a Mets winning season)

Orioles1954
05-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Joey- this is my first post on this thread, but after reading it in its entirety, you need to walk away from this hobby and get some professional help. Saying we all make mistakes is completely lame and absolute bullshit. I'm not going to comment on your home robbery, I have absolutely no idea if it's true or not, but the way you have conducted business is entirely unacceptable. If you think you have OCD see a shrink. But you should not be participating in this hobby until you get your shit worked out.

I was going to post something like this, but Barry beat me to it. I think banning Joey is the proper avenue here. Banning him won't give him the opportunity to defraud people and will protect the community as a whole. This is beginning to appear more and more like a money grab. Fool me once...

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-22-2014, 09:02 AM
thought I would lighten the mood here. Baseball and a good looking girl, what else could a guy ask for? (well, for me its a Mets winning season)

Agreed. A beautiful woman is taking me to a game tomorrow night. How lucky is that?

6-4-3memorabilia
05-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Agreed. A beautiful woman is taking me to a game tomorrow night. How lucky is that?

more lucky than me.

cubsguy1969
05-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Let me start off by saying that I think Joey bought a photo off of me a few months ago. He paid in a timely fashion and I left positive feedback. But it does annoy me to hear he hasn't paid a bunch of other sellers. And then just brushes it off with the whole "I have a problem and I'm working on it" schtick. Fine, you're working on it. Good luck with that.

But it's not just your problem. Some might say, no harm, no foul, the seller will just relist. Not that simple. Aside from the time wasted waiting for a non-payer to pay (and time is money, as they say), then having to file a claim and wait for the ebay idiots to refund your fees, I've found that once an auction item sells at a certain price and it isn't paid for, it inevitably does worse the next time it's listed. Often MUCH worse. And the second-chance offer for the next highest bidder is a waste of time. No one ever accepts in my experience. People are always suspicious it's a scam, or there's something wrong with the item. So a photo that maybe sold for $150 to a non-payer is relisted, but because it's now "tainted" in some bidders' eyes, it only sells for $100 next time. So the seller's out 50 bucks, plus time wasted, plus annoyance. Now multiply that by the dozens of instances where it appears Joey didn't pay. He might have cost sellers hundreds of dollars, or even into the thousands.

I hope you get yourself together, Joey, I honestly do. But just know that your actions have real consequences. If you can't pay, don't bid. If you can't pay your bills, don't bid. Some of us do ebay as a second job so we CAN pay our bills. I know I do. I enjoy ebay and selling, but stuff like this is endlessly frustrating as a seller.

Rob

6-4-3memorabilia
05-22-2014, 09:55 AM
100% agree with the 2nd chance offer, I never except them even if I need the item. I am always worried about some kind of shill bidding going on. This recently happened to me I lost out on a Willie Mays signed Jersey (forgot what it went for) but I got into a bidding war with another bidder (with low feedback) and he won the item for like $2 over my max bid. (this is after bidding each other up $50 in a 3 min span). Anyway about an hour after the auction I get a 2nd chance offer on it. I declined.

Let me start off by saying that I think Joey bought a photo off of me a few months ago. He paid in a timely fashion and I left positive feedback. But it does annoy me to hear he hasn't paid a bunch of other sellers. And then just brushes it off with the whole "I have a problem and I'm working on it" schtick. Fine, you're working on it. Good luck with that.

But it's not just your problem. Some might say, no harm, no foul, the seller will just relist. Not that simple. Aside from the time wasted waiting for a non-payer to pay (and time is money, as they say), then having to file a claim and wait for the ebay idiots to refund your fees, I've found that once an auction item sells at a certain price and it isn't paid for, it inevitably does worse the next time it's listed. Often MUCH worse. And the second-chance offer for the next highest bidder is a waste of time. No one ever accepts in my experience. People are always suspicious it's a scam, or there's something wrong with the item. So a photo that maybe sold for $150 to a non-payer is relisted, but because it's now "tainted" in some bidders' eyes, it only sells for $100 next time. So the seller's out 50 bucks, plus time wasted, plus annoyance. Now multiply that by the dozens of instances where it appears Joey didn't pay. He might have cost sellers hundreds of dollars, or even into the thousands.

I hope you get yourself together, Joey, I honestly do. But just know that your actions have real consequences. If you can't pay, don't bid. If you can't pay your bills, don't bid. Some of us do ebay as a second job so we CAN pay our bills. I know I do. I enjoy ebay and selling, but stuff like this is endlessly frustrating as a seller.

Rob

glchen
05-22-2014, 10:09 AM
That's crap.

Doug

Maybe Gary got confused about the meaning of the word "courage" with Memorial Day coming up and all.

And Gary, the "past" you claim I brought up about Joey occurred in April of 2014 when he was still committing fraud on eBay. He also lied repeatedly in this thread, claiming he's been on the straight and narrow for two years when dozens of Net 54 members know first hand that this is not true. Is the past which includes the previous few days not fair game when judging someone's character?

I do not condone what Joey has done one bit, whether it was the nonpayment of items that he contractually agreed to purchase or the continuous lying to try to cover his tracks. However, I think it does take some courage to admit your mistakes even on a public internet forum like this. There have been some fairly inflamed threads on this board in the past, and some shady characters, and Adrian, of course. I could be wrong, but I don't remember anyone apologizing for their actions in any of those threads. If it were that easy to just fall on your sword, it would have been done more often in the past. In addition, I believe the first step in many addiction treatment programs such as AA is to admit you have a problem. If admitting you have a problem were not important, it would not be the first step.

Again, I realize that there is a vast difference between talk and actions. Joey could very well be publicly saying he has a problem, but not truly admitting it to himself. Therefore, there is no question that he has further to go. He cannot continue to do what he's done, and he definitely cannot continue to compulsively lie. I hope that he can turn things around in the future.

Runscott
05-22-2014, 10:22 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't remember anyone apologizing for their actions in any of those threads. If it were that easy to just fall on your sword, it would have been done more often in the past.

On the internet, apologizing is like throwing out a piece of raw meat.

(I still can't believe Barry said "shit")

Peter_Spaeth
05-22-2014, 10:30 AM

Ban him!! :D:D

Runscott
05-22-2014, 10:33 AM
...well, if this is the kind of guy we want here then you have exactly the kind of forum you deserve. I can't believe that I'm the only one who wants better.

Jeff, I applaud your Net54 (and other venues) battle against fraud. What I've seen is that any time you bring up fraud, you immediately get morons crawling out of the woodwork. Once a moron enters the conversation, more join, then you find them latching onto more intelligent forum members who simply want to take a bite out of your butt for other discussions that didn't end the way they wanted. It's formulaic.

It's a thankless, unwinnable effort, but still appreciated by many of us. Every time I hook horns with a moron I get plenty of email and P.M. support, as you've described, but most forum members are savvy enough to realize that you can't win such battles, so they stay out of it publicly. That's what you are up against, but the support is definitely there.

calvindog
05-22-2014, 10:36 AM
However, I think it does take some courage to admit your mistakes even on a public internet forum like this. In addition, I believe the first step in many addiction treatment programs such as AA is to admit you have a problem. If admitting you have a problem were not important, it would not be the first step.

Again, I realize that there is a vast difference between talk and actions. Joey could very well be publicly saying he has a problem, but not truly admitting it to himself. Therefore, there is no question that he has further to go. He cannot continue to do what he's done, and he definitely cannot continue to compulsively lie. I hope that he can turn things around in the future.

He lied during this very thread. He did not admit he had yet another recent problem until after he was forced to after being confronted with many of his phony eBay IDs. Does that strike you as someone who is admitting he has a problem? And the only reason he keeps apologizing year after year is because there is a segment of Net 54 which keeps falling for it. The fact is, his fraud of two years ago has continued unabated as evidenced by the dates of his negative feedback. He lied then and has continued to lie -- he just threw out a phony apology back then to allow himself some breathing room until he could start lying again.

As for his profile in courage, he lies about cancer, pregnancy, death and unemployment. Courage? He's the most cowardly guy imaginable.

Leon
05-22-2014, 10:41 AM
For the record I am very much in support of Jeff's (hi Jeff) crusade on fraud. I agree completely with what Runscott just said too.

calvindog
05-22-2014, 10:50 AM
What I've seen is that any time you bring up fraud, you immediately get morons crawling out of the woodwork. Once a moron enters the conversation, more join, then you find them latching onto more intelligent forum members who simply want to take a bite out of your butt for other discussions that didn't end the way they wanted. It's formulaic.

You're 100 percent right on this. Someone gets his feelings hurt in another thread, suddenly he's supporting Joey's ludicrous position.

peterose4hof
05-22-2014, 10:55 AM
I think if it can be proven that Joey has tried to circumvent his ban from the B/S/T area by contacting board members through pm's to buy, sell and/or trade then he should be banned. Isn't the whole point of banning him from the B/S/T area to keep him from transacting with this board's membership?

Runscott
05-22-2014, 10:56 AM
What !?!?!?! 2 people agreeing with me?

Quitting while I'm ahead - see you all tomorrow.

barrysloate
05-22-2014, 11:10 AM

At least I spelled it correctly.

ethicsprof
05-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Often, we, as a forum, take a very long time to decide what to do in the cauldron of problematic difficulties. Often, it is quite a mix of things:
genuine concern for person(s) involved, a call for appropriate justice, a longing for a return to enlightening hobby discussions, and, even, a desire to win or achieve 'something' at all costs. This discussion is surely such a mix.
Many of us have seen this for well over a decade on this board.
At this juncture, I would hope that we would realize that it is time to move forward
as the community of vintage baseball hobbyists that we are and recognize
that activities which effectuate the dissolution of trust, particularly financial
trust, have no place on this board. Removal of all board privileges at this point
would be a positive step forward toward healing for both this board and the
person at issue.
all the best,
barry

Lordstan
05-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Hi Barry,
I have to say that is one of the most eloquent posts I have ever read on this forum. As I was reading it, I felt like you were channeling Thomas Jefferson when he was writing the Declaration of Independence.
" When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation"
It was a joy to read as most people don't write like that anymore.
Thanks,
Mark

BTW, as Memorial Day approaches, I think of these great heroes. If anyone here has not read the Declaration, I encourage you to do so. It is a spectacularly beautiful document that allows all to appreciate how incredible the English language can be in the hands of a master writer like Jefferson.

JoeyF1981
05-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Leon- I accept the decision to be banned if thats what everyone wants. Theres no point of being a member on here if the majority of people want me out. I have things i need to fix before i can ever think of being accepted on this forum. I let myself down and my personal ebay issues will be my main focus.

Jeff- before attacking someone and going on this personal vendetta look in the mirror and say " i dont have to be a douche bag" and then address me correctly. Your personal attacks and cheap shots are bullsh*t. I feel bad for your kids if they spill juice on the floor.

Jaybird
05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Leon- I accept the decision to be banned if thats what everyone wants. Theres no point of being a member on here if the majority of people want me out. I have things i need to fix before i can ever think of being accepted on this forum. I let myself down and my personal ebay issues will be my main focus.

Jeff- before attacking someone and going on this personal vendetta look in the mirror and say " i dont have to be a douche bag" and then address me correctly. Your personal attacks and cheap shots are bullsh*t. I feel bad for your kids if they spill juice on the floor.

Your pattern is obvious and shows no sign of changing.

timzcardz
05-22-2014, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the chuckle! :D

I didn't realize that if one was banned from here, that one had a choice to accept it or not!

JoeyF1981
05-22-2014, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the chuckle! :D

I didn't realize that if one was banned from here, that one had a choice to accept it or not!

Lol

GrayGhost
05-22-2014, 01:32 PM
Joey, why don't you stop instigating more on here by replying? Just a thought.

mark evans
05-22-2014, 01:41 PM
I think Joey should be suspended from the Board unless and until he gets his problem under control. Failing to follow through on purchases, apparently on many occasions, is bad enough. Vile attacks on a Board member who discloses this information for the benefit of everyone in the hobby pushes this case over the line in my view.

Shoeless Moe
05-22-2014, 01:52 PM
The jerk store called and their running out of you!

6-4-3memorabilia
05-22-2014, 02:09 PM
The jerk store called and their running out of you!

Oh yeah? well I had sex with your wife

barrysloate
05-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah? well I had sex with your wife

His wife is in a coma.:)

6-4-3memorabilia
05-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Everybody has their own little opinions, and it all gets homogenised, and you lose the whole edge of it. I'm going with jerk store! Jerk store is the line! Jerk store!

calvindog
05-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Joey, I have a "personal vendetta" against fraudsters in our hobby. Why you seem to think this is anything but that is lost on me.

And my kids aren't greasy scumbags who were raised to lie and cheat the way you were, so don't worry about them. If you ever get your imaginary fiancé pregnant after getting an imaginary job, I only hope that you can set a better example for your kids than you have on Net 54, eBay and the various other places you've disgraced yourself.

Peter_Spaeth
05-22-2014, 03:13 PM
His wife is in a coma.:)

I think someone has hijacked Barry's ID. First "shit" now this. :D

barrysloate
05-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Peter- you are aware that posts 234-236 were a Seinfeld bit. Just a little levity after a wearisome thread.

GKreindler
05-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Man, I'm hungry.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/GKreindler/The_rye_zpsf2515fca.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/GKreindler/media/The_rye_zpsf2515fca.jpg.html)

Graig

Peter_Spaeth
05-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Peter- you are aware that posts 234-236 were a Seinfeld bit. Just a little levity after a wearisome thread.

I am too culturally challenged to have picked up on that. :)

barrysloate
05-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Not everybody watched the show.

Lordstan
05-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Not everybody watched the show.

Really.!
I thought it was a law that watching was mandatory.

MyGuyTy
05-22-2014, 03:31 PM

Jeffrey bear....are you mad now?......aww, watch that little pu$$y temper of yours, you remember last time ;)

Keep seeking that attention Mary, it will come. BTW....Still arguing with yourself on Twitter and FB? News flash! Nobody listens to anything that comes out of that mouth of yours. If you're still bored go back and jack off to your cards, I think that new Chase of yours needs a good facial ;)

Keep trying to claim fraud on everybody because AS USUAL you don't have a f*cking clue what you're talking about. Now go back under that rock you crawled out from this morning.

calvindog
05-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Glenn, yes last time you got banned, of course I remember. You were using multiple Net 54 IDs to try to sell a $1000 card. You seem to have come a long way since then.

Frozen in Time
05-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Man, I'm hungry.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/GKreindler/The_rye_zpsf2515fca.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/GKreindler/media/The_rye_zpsf2515fca.jpg.html)

Graig

Me too Graig. In fact after this rather remarkable thread, I'm changing my name to T-bone.

Runscott
05-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Me too Graig. In fact after this rather remarkable thread, I'm changing my name to T-bone.

So you won't be upset if someone makes you a lobster omelette and doesn't warn you?

mcgwirecom
05-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Man, I'm hungry.

Graig

Schnitzers.....

Frozen in Time
05-22-2014, 04:11 PM
So you won't be upset if someone makes you a lobster omelette and doesn't warn you?

As long as there is no shrinkage!