PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE: Scam on eBay

gnaz01
05-10-2014, 12:31 PM
OK, here is an item that I bought and returned a couple months ago (I thought it may be real after speaking with the seller). I kinda knew it wasn't real but he gave me assurance that he consigned a ton of stuff to Heritage and forgot this. Well, the sellers user ID was:

deadballmatty

And here is a link of his items on eBay (states his location is in Illinois): http://www.ebay.com/sch/deadballmatty/m.html?item=161300997711&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Now, the reason I am showing this is because when I bought the "Cobb" candy jar, when I received it, inspected it, and determined the "label" was bright white computer paper AND I purchased it from "deadballmatty" and it came to me shipped from the Charlotte, NC area.

So, now it is for sale AGAIN from a different (maybe) seller in Charlotte, NC and here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171321429934?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any way, this item isn't real, and you can look at deadballmatty's other items and determine for yourself.

Thanks,
Greg Nazareth

parker1b2
05-10-2014, 12:53 PM
I have watched a few of his items in the past, but always scared to pull the trigger. From some off his descriptions and pics something just feels off ( at least the items I was watching)

perezfan
05-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Yup... lots of suspicious stuff and outright fantasies/fakes. The Fan for a Fan and Hassan piece can both be identified as bogus at first glance.

The only items that might be real are the relatively common and low value ads that were cut from old magazines.

Yuck!

Leon
05-11-2014, 01:20 PM
I copied this over from the memorabilia section as I believe it's important to show this, what looks to be, fraudulent activity to as many collectors as possible.

team-of-rivals
05-12-2014, 05:00 PM
On a positive note, he's selling a wicked cool Chad Ochocinco auto'd card.....;)

bass37
10-07-2022, 06:15 AM
I have seen so many posts about scams that are simply not true, some people in this room seem to be bullying a certain party. I will mention no names but I think that bullies are nasty and it should not be allowed to attack people on this site. This should be a friendly site.

mckinneyj
10-07-2022, 06:28 AM
I have seen so many posts about scams that are simply not true, some people in this room seem to be bullying a certain party. I will mention no names but I think that bullies are nasty and it should not be allowed to attack people on this site. This should be a friendly site.

Just joined this forum and your initial contribution is a defense of scammers... hmmm.

Trigerb7
10-07-2022, 07:10 AM
Just joined this forum and your initial contribution is a defense of scammers... hmmm.

Because he is trying to get certain threads removed. He just joined to defend another thread, he has zero defense and countless members are onto him.

Please see this thread….

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=285077

BCauley
10-07-2022, 08:10 AM

Not for nothing, but if someone truly believes a scam is not true, then they should speak up and point out exactly why it's not a scam. Merely saying "it's not a scam" isn't going to convince anybody.

ricktopps
10-07-2022, 10:26 AM
and just like that.... the links are gone.

G1911
10-07-2022, 10:42 AM
Is there a rule against scammers posting?

commishbob
10-07-2022, 10:45 AM

:rolleyes:

Bcwcardz
10-07-2022, 10:47 AM
and just like that.... the links are gone.

If you are talking about the original links from top, it’s because an eight year old post was bumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbyw8469
10-07-2022, 11:32 AM

The guy's name is Paul Slapnicker. Where have I heard that name before???? Hmmmmmm.