PDA

View Full Version : Notebook of Pre WWII player's Autographs

cbuch
05-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone. I am brand new on this site. It was suggested to me from a very reliable friend. I have a notebook that was my fathers that contains over 140 signatures of ballplayers from the late 1920's to early 1930's. I have had it authenticated by PSA/DNA. There are approximately 20 HOFs, i.e. Jimmie Foxx, Earl Combs, Joe Cronin, Rick Ferrell, Lefty Gomez, Lefty Grove, Bucky Harris, Ted Lyons, Heinie Manush, Red Ruffing, Joe Sewell, Tony Lazzeri, Bill McGowan, Lefty Grove, Hank Greenberg, two autographs of Rogers Hornsby, Jocko Conlan, Luke Appling, Earl Averill, Goose Goslin, Walter Johnson. There are many more autographs (Someone, probably my dad traced over Connie Mack's name) There are duplicate autographs of John Kerr and Ossie Bluege, one of which also had tracing on them. My questions to the experts are do I sell intact (which is what I would like to do) or page by page? Where is the best place to list it for sale? What do you think is a realistic price? Hopefully my attachments came through. I tried to attach a complete list of all the names but it says "error"... Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Candace

Leon
05-05-2014, 01:32 PM
I took the liberty of moving this to the autograph forum. I wish I could help but someone can. Good luck!!

cbuch
05-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Thank you....I told you I was new :)

7nohitter
05-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Wow-awesome piece...can you post pics of the autos?
Are you from Boston?

cbuch
05-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi Mr. No Hitter....No, I am from Maryland and I have taken quite a few pictures of some of the autographs. If you send me your email address I can send you a complete list of autographs and copies of any that you would like to see. My email is cbuchh@comcast.net. Thanks,
Candace

bender07
05-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Assuming there aren't a bunch of stars back to back (ie Johnson and Horsnby are on either side of a page), the best way to maximin profit would be to piece it out.

theshleps
05-05-2014, 06:20 PM
I hate to see these books taken apart but you would get more. Johnson will be the most desirable unless there is a sleeper. I own a similar one but will keep it together. They used to be relatively cheap but you might get $5000-$6000 depending on who the others are. REA gets highest prices but you do almost as well with Jim Stinson who is a great guy and so easy to deal with

cbuch
05-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Thank you very much. You are the second person to advise me to contact Mr. Stinson. I really don't wish to disassemble it. Thanks again.

cbuch
05-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I appreciate the advice that I have received from this forum. I have been in contact with Mr. Jim Stinson and hopefully will be dealing with him. Thanks again for all of the help. Candace