PDA

View Full Version : HELP removing a label

brooklynbaseball
05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Does anyone here have any experience, or can suggest how to remove the label pictured from this card. After taking it out of the slab of course. Thank you in advance.

clutch
05-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I use a product called "Un-Du" to take address labels off of magazines. It does a pretty good job and doesn't leave a stain. Can't say for sure if it will work on your label or not though.

Mr. Zipper
05-06-2014, 05:11 AM
I think it is a safe bet the adhesive from the label has cross linked with the paper below it and discolored it. If you remove the label, there will almost certainly be a stain/discoloration below that will look worse than the label.

djson1
05-06-2014, 11:51 AM
I use a product called "Un-Du" to take address labels off of magazines. It does a pretty good job and doesn't leave a stain. Can't say for sure if it will work on your label or not though.

Hey, this is a great tip, Eric, thanks! I never knew they had this. This will be very useful in this hobby, as well as when we want to remove price tags on gifts. I've always used my blowdryer to heat up the tags before removing, but this seems to be way better.

almostdone
05-06-2014, 07:58 PM
I use a product called "goo gone" It works great on getting any glue residue off from stickers, price tags to bumper stickers. I've never used it on a paper product like yours though. Only plastic, PVC, metal, wood and other harder, not as porous items. Nice piece bough.
Drew

brooklynbaseball
05-07-2014, 05:14 AM
Thanks guys, decided to leave it alone, not worth the risk.