PDA

View Full Version : A Real Attic Find

TheBig6
05-04-2014, 11:33 PM
It pays to be a demo guy.
I don't think this guy had a clue at time of posting what value he had with the Baseball Cards.
The cards are kinda of an after thought in the video and he didn't know what year the 52's were.
He was definately more enthralled with the toys.
That 53 Mantle looks very nice.
Would Like to know what set the Canadain Cards are from.

http://youtu.be/wMqWkjhozh0

Beatles Guy
05-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Wow. I found stuff in the walls of my house, but nothing like that!

ALR-bishop
05-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Well now you have to tell us what you found in the walls of your house, Jason. Cards...a body ?

pawpawdiv9
05-05-2014, 04:12 PM
probably a bunch of half ate xmas apple ornaments. I had that happen to me before. And the chipmunks/squirrels ate it like a real apple...left the core.

This is what gots me thinking about taking a bunch of just regular cards (refractors and even the 88 donruss's) and put them into one of those military weatherproof boxes.
Bury it. Then write up a treasure map, given GPS location (as option) in your safe deposit box for when you pass away. Or just hide the map in the house for people decades later to find.

Exhibitman
05-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Those B & W are Vancouver Capilano popcorn cards. Probably worth more than the Topps cards other than Mantle and Robinson.

Beatles Guy
05-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Well now you have to tell us what you found in the walls of your house, Jason. Cards...a body ?

If a mummified mouse counts as a body, then yes.

Really though we did find some cool stuff. A harmonica, snuff can, player piano advertisements, and a handmade child's bow and arrow. Don't think I haven't thought about taking out the rest of the plaster to see what's behind it :)