PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on tracking please!

Sean1125
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Hi guys, a buddy of mine is developing a product that would let you track your shipment (whatever it is) to the exact location it is at THE SECOND you want to look into it.

If you could ping the location of your shipment to the exact place and be shown the information for an extra $5-$10 per shipment - would you have any interest in this?

For instance, you win a $10k lot in REA - they have an option that you pay $10 more and are able to track your shipment to it's exact GPS coord's at any time.

If you need clarification let me know.

Leon
05-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Hi guys, a buddy of mine is developing a product that would let you track your shipment (whatever it is) to the exact location it is at THE SECOND you want to look into it.

If you could ping the location of your shipment to the exact place and be shown the information for an extra $5-$10 per shipment - would you have any interest in this?

For instance, you win a $10k lot in REA - they have an option that you pay $10 more and are able to track your shipment to it's exact GPS coord's at any time.

If you need clarification let me know.

I am not that impatient and can wait. But there are a few folks that get all wound up so maybe they would use it...

Brian Van Horn
05-01-2014, 09:21 PM
No. I am happy with certified mail. In all of the time I have used it, it only failed me once. It allows me to track the package, not to the second, but it eliminates problems.

Peter_Spaeth
05-01-2014, 09:25 PM
No interest. USPS tracking updates are more than enough.

kmac32
05-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Interesting concept but unless it is a high dollar item then wouldn't be worth it to me. For the most part, the current systems work and are fairly inexpensive.

Kmac

Kenny Cole
05-01-2014, 10:47 PM
If the item was high 4 figures or above, probably. Otherwise, no

arc2q
05-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Seems a pretty interesting idea. I probably would not use it because I am generally satisfied with USPS (in all regards). Out of curiosity I am guessing this is must be a chip or separate tracker embedded in the packaging -- not something managed specifically by USPS?

ullmandds
05-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Personally...I would not be interested...all I need is the AH's having another reason to charge more for shipping.

A lot of good tracking device/ping did for flt 370.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
05-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Would it be legal to ship an active GPS unit in a package via USPS?

barrysloate
05-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Under normal circumstances it wouldn't matter to me where the package is...but if I felt it was really late and might be lost, knowing that it isn't lost and trackable would offer huge peace of mind.

prestigecollectibles
05-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Sounds like something Boeing would need.

D. Bergin
05-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Sounds like something nobody would want to pay for, at least until their package got to Kearny, New Jersey or Jamaica, New York and dropped off the face of the map for 10 days...causing a huge bout of indigestion on both the buyers AND sellers end.

For the price it sounds like a good idea to me, especially these days with packages getting lost in the system for longer and longer periods of time.

Might be great for International Packages to, especially if it can pin-point the general address the package is at. You can tell your customer, it's waiting for you at your customs or post office. Go pick it up before they send it back to me.

I think some of the bigger auction houses like REA might see it in their best interest to just include it in a lot of their more valuable shipments. I can think of some auction houses, they should include this service already, with the handling prices they charge on winnings nowadays.

05-02-2014, 03:43 PM
I have a better idea. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you TRANSPORT:

The Really Advanced Net54 Secure Procurement Of Rare Tradingcards

Our friendly transporter will provide safe delivery of your most treasured collectibles - from anywhere, to anywhere.

Sean1125
05-02-2014, 03:54 PM
I have a better idea. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you TRANSPORT:

The Really Advanced Net54 Secure Procurement Of Rare Tradingcards

Our friendly transporter will provide safe delivery of your most treasured collectibles - from anywhere, to anywhere.

I pushed some extra air out of my nose :cool: