PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Koufax "Shop at Home" item

rockhead
05-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and respectfully request your opinion on a Sandy Koufax item (signed, framed plaque/photo) purchased directly from the "Shop at Home" TV network in 1995. (See attached photos).

My wife, kids and I just moved back into our house after a major remodel and, while purging unneeded old paperwork, I found the “Certificate of Authenticity” on this Sandy Koufax signed plaque my wife purchased for me as a birthday present in 1995 from the “Shop at Home” network. The COA comes from "Stacks of Plaques" and has the name Lou Scalia printed on it.

I’ve always been suspicious of whether the signature was real or fake – it looks like Koufax’s signature, but I’m certainly not an expert and I've heard about some authenticity issues with some of the items sold by this defunct TV network. I'm a believer if you didn’t see the person sign the item for yourself, there’s always doubt. I’m curious to get your take on the signed baseball items sold by the “Shop at Home” network when it existed and, in particular, this Koufax piece.

Now that we are getting our stuff out of storage, I wanted to give the piece a second-look and get your opinions of the Koufax signature.

Thanks so much for your time and assistance.

jimjim
05-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Shop at Home did sell some legit stuff. I think your item is authentic.

esiason14
05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Stacks of Plaques is/was pretty legit. I think it looks good

theshleps
05-01-2014, 04:57 PM
good

Scott Garner
05-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Genuine

dapro
05-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Looks good.

drcy
05-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Stacks of Plaques is a well known and reputable autographs company. In the future, it's better to mention the Stacks of Plaques COA than the Shop at Home provenance.