PDA

View Full Version : Bob Feller forgery? 1949 Viewer Premium

Leon
04-30-2014, 09:43 AM
So I collect premiums up till 1949 and picked this one up because I had never seen it before and of course didn't have one in the collection. That being said, what the hell is going with this "autograph"? Could someone faking one be that crazy to rewrite the last part of his name in such a sloppy manner? Are Feller forgeries more rare than real ones? :) It is approximately 8 x 10 and quite miscut at top. It is not a great scan..... Any help is appreciated....

Runscott
04-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Leon, it looks fine to me. Probably the pen failed near the end, due to the shiny surface.

I can picture him cursing the pen and considering ripping up the photo - are there any twists near the edges in the middle?

GrayGhost
04-30-2014, 10:01 AM
I think sig is good also. Nice item

rjackson44
04-30-2014, 10:16 AM
agree with scott leon and a pretty pose ,,

Leon
04-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Leon, it looks fine to me. Probably the pen failed near the end, due to the shiny surface.

I can picture him cursing the pen and considering ripping up the photo - are there any twists near the edges in the middle?

Thanks Scott (and other Scott too). I don't really know exactly what you mean by "twists" in the middle? Here is a blown up scan for edification sake.....

http://luckeycards.com/phunc1949viewerfeller.jpg

Runscott
04-30-2014, 10:19 AM
sigh....my wit has failed again. I meant a twist where he tried to rip the photo in two because he was angry with the pen not writing correctly.

MooseDog
04-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Are Feller forgeries more rare than real ones? :)

Yes, yes, they are...

djson1
04-30-2014, 03:11 PM
sigh....my wit has failed again. I meant a twist where he tried to rip the photo in two because he was angry with the pen not writing correctly.

If it makes you feel any better, Scott.... I understood your joke and smiled.